fajw

Best gaming monitor?

What is the best gaming monitor? I think it's Eizo FORIS FS2333 but I haven't used it. It's $549.00 at PC Case Gear. If I was going to get a new monitor I would get it.

Edited by fajw

depends what you want

i would rather the dell u2713

i was just thinking the other day the ideal monitor would be the size of two 30" screens side by side with a slight curve at 5120x1600

if it also had the low latency of that ezio monitor it would be very nice

I wonder how it compares with the Dell U2312HM. Apparently the U2312HM has very low lag.

For FPS you should check out 120hz monitors.

A 120 Hz Monitor is not necessarily better than a different 60 Hz one. The 120H Hz one may look better but for gaming it is the latency that matters.

It feels smoother, the actual picture quality is worse than a good IPS 60hz monitor. So far all non overclocked 120hz monitors use TN panels.

depends what you want

i was just thinking the other day the ideal monitor would be the size of two 30" screens side by side with a slight curve at 5120x1600

I just picked up a new u2713 for $350 last week (not from a retailer), been very happy with it. Loving the higher resolution and finally putting my 7970 to work.

For gaming I prefer 1 big screen with high res, for productivity I prefer 3 screens but I wouldn't game on 3 screens unless I was going to go to the effort of removing bezels and i'd rather not.

I think giant curved screens will be a thing of the next few years Dasa, a few TV models have been announced recently from a few of the big screen makers.

Link

I am sure this will find its way to the PC market eventually.

I also remember reading about an alienware curved screen a few years ago, but that was pretty primitive kinda like 3 panels joined together, compared to the new ones linked above.

Edited by p0is0n

I do not see the point of curving it. The resolution is the same as a non-curved TV. If they made it super wide and curved, that would be cool.

Absolutely can't complain about my Samsung 27" 120hz monitor (the one with the funny shaped base). Makes 60hz feel like there's something wrong with your computer.

Provided you can push at least 80fps, it should improve your performance in shooters or any game requiring you to track small, moving targets.

Guest xyzzy frobozz

It looks to me like Dell UltraSharp U3014 is the best, with an average lag time of only 3.2ms in game mode (source).

Once you've had real man's resolution (2560x1600) you'll pity anyone with anything less.

;-)

depends what you want

Oh wouldn't it just!

That would be really nice, and really nice and expensive I'll bet.

I never got around to buying one (or more) of the many Korean 27" IPS monitors from ebay. They'd have to be the best bang for buck for gaming. I might do it in future, but currently I'm surprised at how I've managed to not get annoyed by the green line down the left of my 24" 16:10 monitor. It's been there at least a year now.