Surprised there isn't already a thread about this

Very happy that they have completely stripped down sense 5, every reviewer said there wasn't an iota of lag while using it

Handtec has them for $649au and Clove has already started shipping orders seeing it has been released in the UK

Posted Image

• CPU: 1.7 GHz quad-core Snapdragon 600

• Screen: 4.7-inch 1920x1080 Super LCD 3 (468PPI)

• RAM: 2GB

• Storage: 32GB or 64GB

• Camera: 4MP rear ("UltraPixel")/ 2.1MP front

• Battery: 2300 mAh Li-Ion

More importantly on the battery front

Posted Image

What the reviewers are saying

"The HTC One is the first smartphone in a long time that we’ve been drop dead excited to use every single

day during the review period. We’re still in love with it and carrying it day-to-day, because it offers so many

features that can’t be found in any other product on the market right now. From the stellar camera and its

highlight reels to the aluminum body and stellar screen, the HTC One offers a truly first-class experience.

HTC didn’t only hit this thing out of the park, it hit it into orbit, where it will aggressively compete with

Samsung’s Galaxy S4. It’s so close to perfect we’re awarding it a well-deserved 9.5 / 10 and an editor’s choice."

TechnoBuffalo

"The first time you see the One, there's a "Whoa..." moment. And after you hold it, and use it,

that astonishment bleeds into awe. The One commands respect. From a hardware design

perspective, this phone is unparalleled. It was machined from a solid block on aluminum, each piece

taking 200 minutes to carve out. It's pretty light (5.04 ounces) and thin (0.36 inches) but it feels rock solid."

Gizmodo

"The One camera truly outshines almost everything else in low-light situations. It usually produces

better shots at night than the Nokia Lumia 920, and comes in second only to the current imaging king,

the Nokia 808 PureView. We were amazed by how much errant light it picked up; the One could snag

perfectly usable shots on pitch-black streets, and the OIS worked like a charm. The only time noise

actually became a problem was in extremely dark scenarios, but otherwise we were quite impressed

by how clear most of the images came out. We were blown away by how much light the One camera

was able to grab at night."

Engadget

"But more interesting than all of that is that BlinkFeed actually works much better than we thought

it would. In the few days we had between turning on the phone and it becoming part of the daily

routine, we found that time and again we returned to the feed to just get a feel for what's going on rather

than opening the specific Flipboard, Facebook or Twitter apps themselves. We particularly like the fact that

tapping an article will show the picture and text in a reader-style mode, without the need to open the browser."

Techradar

"One of the reasons the calling sounds so good is down to the attention lavished on the HTC One

speakers. Going under the somewhat cringe-worthy name BoomSound, you have two forward-facing

speakers that offer really good performance. Gone are the days of tinny smartphone audio, the HTC One

really performs in this area. The speakers not only offer great volume, but the stereo effect is also

commendable. You get the sort of separation you want for watching videos or playing games: firing-up

a movie on Netflix or playing a game like Real Racing 3, with its thumping soundtrack, the audio is

really impressive, easy outclassing other smartphones."

Pocket-Lint

"With the HTC One we can safely say that the company meets the expectations. The device features

a 4.7 inches Super LCD 3 display with a resolution of 1080 x 1920 pixels. The screen is extremely

detailed, sharp, and for the tech geeks - pixel density comes at the whopping 468ppi. Colors are stunning,

they just out at you with deep blacks, vivid reds and blues, and a great contrast. Viewing angles are also

amazing."

Phone Arena

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Pricing in New Zealand is as usual extremely high, both the HTC One and the Galaxy S4 are going to be $1150 here but due to an advertisement issue at Noels my missus and I picked them up for $800 each, which is $620au so I am stoked - made my decision based on the gorgeous build, the stereo speakers that actually work, the lowlight camera prowess.

Posted Image

This looks like an awesome phone. In some ways I wish I could have held off on buying my one x til this came out.

i was gonna get this, but im rolling the dice and going to hit Samsung S4. I had the HTC desire HD which was a decent phone. I think im a sucker for the S4 hype tho.

Hopefully i dont regret it

$649 to make a phone call or send a text ! I am glad I have my $150 kogan phone lol. For that money I could upgrade my computer, I know which I would rather do. ;) You could even get an i5 based laptop, or a nice tablet for that money. :D

I am sure it is a fine phone, and maybe its just me, but spending that sort of money on a phone just seems like a waste.

Edited by bowiee

$649 to make a phone call or send a text ! I am glad I have my $150 kogan phone lol. For that money I could upgrade my computer, I know which I would rather do. ;) You could even get an i5 based laptop, or a nice tablet for that money. :D

Upgrade your computer to do what? Run a benchmark faster? You're trading arbitrary for arbitrary.

Upgrade your computer to do what? Run a benchmark faster? You're trading arbitrary for arbitrary.

In my case from a quad AMD to an i7 is that ok ?

I don't know, is it? Some people have good reason for a higher spec phone, some have good reason for a high spec desktop. There's no generic order of precedence, is my point.

I don't know, is it? Some people have good reason for a higher spec phone, some have good reason for a high spec desktop. There's no generic order of precedence, is my point.

Yea whatever.

Meh, new phones are always fun regardless if they are needed or not. I always like seeing what new tech is being released!

I am sure it is a fine phone, and maybe its just me, but spending that sort of money on a phone just seems like a waste.

You should see the stuff my Mrs spends her cash on. She spent that on some shoes and a handbag the other day, not even a quad core handbag either i may add

You could spend that money on a nice tablet.

But you could have that tablet in a smaller size so that you can take it anywhere without needing a backpack.

Different people have different needs. Sometimes they need an expensive phone.

Although you may not notice it, cheap phones are alot slower and less responsive.

I might be jumping ship to android soon. Waiting for the announcement of the next iPhone before making my decision.

You should see the stuff my Mrs spends her cash on. She spent that on some shoes and a handbag the other day, not even a quad core handbag either i may add

Better she spend it on that, than on a phone which she would most likely use to make a few calls and texts. By the way I note the snide remark about the quad core, and sinking to the level of .:Cyb3rGlitch:. just makes you look foolish. His pedantism is legendary, and something one should not strive for.

But you could have that tablet in a smaller size so that you can take it anywhere without needing a backpack.

Although you may not notice it, cheap phones are alot slower and less responsive.

*sigh* Where did I say some people may not have a use for an expensive phone ? I said I would not spend that sort of money on a phone, I said I would rather buy something else. The people who are so pedantic on this site is why any new blood that comes here drains away very quickly. A lot of people here would do well to just chill out, and stop being so anal retentive.

Better she spend it on that, than on a phone which she would most likely use to make a few calls and texts. By the way I note the snide remark about the quad core, and sinking to the level of .:Cyb3rGlitch:. just makes you look foolish. His pedantism is legendary, and something one should not strive for.

Dude, chill. You made a general statement so I countered it. If you had made it clear you were referring to your own situation, I wouldn't have said anything.

*sigh* Where did I say some people may not have a use for an expensive phone ? I said I would not spend that sort of money on a phone, I said I would rather buy something else. The people who are so pedantic on this site is why any new blood that comes here drains away very quickly. A lot of people here would do well to just chill out, and stop being so anal retentive.

Of course it's a waste of money for someone who doesn't have the need to buy one.

Obviously people who will use it will not be just texting and phoning people.

Just stick with the cheapy phone then.

Dude, chill. You made a general statement so I countered it. If you had made it clear you were referring to your own situation, I wouldn't have said anything.

And you are pedantic and I called you on it, I did not make a general comment I said I would not spend that sort of moiney, but you just cannot keep your pedanticism under control. Its people like you that are driving any new blood away from this site. We should have been inundated with new people from the followers of PC Authority, but one read of some of the anal retentive stuff that gets posted here is enough to put people off.

You clearly have a problem with me that extends beyond this thread. If you want to chat my inbox is open.

By the way, you don't have the faintest idea RE PCA. Their forum had next to zero activity. Of the content that was there, it consisted of massive infighting and fanboy wars. It was literally an Aussie online cesspool, which eventually got removed when the site was redesigned.

So please, if you have a problem, let me know. Just don't go blaming people for events you know nothing about.

You clearly have a problem with me that extends beyond this thread. If you want to chat my inbox is open.

By the way, you don't have the faintest idea RE PCA. Their forum had next to zero activity. Of the content that was there, it consisted of massive infighting and fanboy wars. It was literally an Aussie online cesspool, which eventually got removed when the site was redesigned.

So please, if you have a problem, let me know. Just don't go blaming people for events you know nothing about.

I am well aware that the previous forums had closed down, you as usual seem to think that I and maybe even others know nothing about how the other forums failed, which does not surprise me. Which is why given a second chance at these forums one could easily imagine an influx of new blood, something that has not happened. I have already stated why I think this is, as for having a problem with you it might be better said that I have a problem with pedantics such as yourself on these forums.

You could just shut up, but no you have to pick the shit out of peoples posts in a vain effort to make yourself seem clever, something that in my opinion you fail at. I am sorry you don't like my opinion but I stand by it.

Your post read to me as dismissing the importance of a good phone because you could buy a PC instead. Sorry if I offended you by trying to reason that some people have good use for a smartphone. Maybe I did misinterpret what you meant in your post. So what, that doesn't excuse your reaction of casting me as some low life that goes out of his way to piss on people. All you had to do was clarify and everything would have been hunky dory. It's not my fault that you choose to read my posts as an attack. Is it because I don't append every sentence with a vaguely related emotion like I used to in the good old days? Because if that's what's required to so much as dare have a conversation in this place, then where the heck does that leave us?

Seriously, chill out.

Edited by .:Cyb3rGlitch:.

Your post read to me as dismissing the importance of a good phone because you could buy a PC instead. Sorry if I offended you by trying to reason that some people have good use for a smartphone. Maybe I did misinterpret what you meant in your post. So what, that doesn't excuse your reaction of casting me as some low life that goes out of his way to piss on people. All you had to do was clarify and everything would have been hunky dory. It's not my fault that you choose to read my posts as an attack. Is it because I don't append every sentence with a vaguely related emotion like I used to in the good old days? Because if that's what's required to so much as dare have a conversation in this place, then where the heck does that leave us?

Seriously, chill out.

You truly think I jumped on you because this is your first time being pedantic ? Then you are worse than I thought, you make a habit out of it. Not only in the green room but now you have to carry on in the tech sections as well. :( You truly don't see yourself as pedantic ? Maybe its because I am the only one who has pulled you up on it that you have not seen it. As I said before the point you made of my original post was anal and unnecessary but you could not help yourself.

If you had a problem, then why not tell me via PM? Your first comment was literally "sinking to the level of .:Cyb3rGlitch:.". Thanks mate, you really showed me the appropriate way to behave. The irony is killing me. This is what's pissing me off.

Anyway, this is a HTC One thread. If you have a problem PM me or report the post or whatever, as long as it's not here.

We should have been inundated with new people from the followers of PC Authority, but one read of some of the anal retentive stuff that gets posted here is enough to put people off.

I dunno, maybe they didn't stay because you disappeared. Who else rides a baby cruiser?

We should have been inundated with new people from the followers of PC Authority, but one read of some of the anal retentive stuff that gets posted here is enough to put people off.

I dunno, maybe they didn't stay because you disappeared. Who else rides a baby cruiser?

Oh you are so clever, so mature.