Sign in to follow this  
deuce_23

Banned for being to high maintenance codwaw

i like playing codwaw and i have been playing on a server called the 10th mountain division, which is a tac server with rules. All was going well until i got a warning for camping so i started to crawl away as i was under fire then got another warning for not moving quick enough.

I tried to explain my case then got another warning for being disruptive and was kicked.

another game the next day i was msging in game. I got a warning for camping i tried to explain i was typing a msg. I got another warning.

Another game with 3 seconds left in the game i threw a grenade straight up in the air i got a warning for throwing a blind nade with one second left.

Another game i got killed then returned to the same spot and got a warning for camping. Tried to explain got a warning for questioning admin.

I also found when i was playing poorly and getting my ass shot off i never got any warnings. It was only when i was playing well

I went onto there forums and asked what is the rules regarding giving warnings and being kicked? why are most admins nice and give you verbal warnings and other admins give console warnings and kick you?

I was told admis dont have to give any warnings and can ban and kick you at there discretion.

So i thought i better shut up and just put up with it. I played for a week no problems kicking there butts in game as revenge!

I went to log back in and i have been banned permanently i checked the forums and it stated i have been banned due to being to high maintenance. Find another server that suits your style of play.

I hate Americans, but most were very nice and friendly just a few bad apples spoiled the bunch.

Thanks for letting me rant

Its been the way of online games and private servers for a long time.

For example, when BLOPS came out, there were servers that would ban people for jumping around corners, there were servers that would ban people for using certain weapon types etc.

I ran into similar issues with Counter Strike Source, I used to go into clan servers and rape, then cop shit off the admins, get accused of hacking and eventually banned.

I guess my point is, people are fuckheads, if a game isn't going their way, they will actively try and change the rules/make up rules on the spot to get rid of players that are better than them.

It sucks that you got banned, but by the sound of it, its not the sort of server you should be playing in anyway. Finding easy going, genuinely nice people to play online shooters with in this day and age isn't easy, but its certainly a more rewarding experience.

You'll find better servers. But you will need to decide on an angle.

Do you want to be social and type a lot?

or do you want to play while talking only mission critical shit?

Because in an FPS you'll need a different server for each playstyle if you want to get along.

Such is life.

Ehh i gave up on sticking to one server for online play ages ago.

Asshats will be asshats.

Asshats will be asshats.

Online FPS communities seem pretty faceless these days compared to older games.

When I played games like DOD and CS, sticking to the same few servers, you'd get to know people.

After playing games like BLOPS2, BF3 etc. there is just no sense of community at all.

It used to be that you didn't need to be in someones clan to gain their respect and become friends, but it certainly seems to be the case these days.

Asshats will be asshats.

When I played games like DOD and CS, sticking to the same few servers, you'd get to know people.

After playing games like BLOPS2, BF3 etc. there is just no sense of community at all.

It used to be that you didn't need to be in someones clan to gain their respect and become friends, but it certainly seems to be the case these days.

Last time i had a server that i actively visited was the CS 1.6 days.

It seemed so much more friendly back then.

Asshats will be asshats.

smaller player base games are still like that, War of the Roses is like that with the regular players.

I got banned from a BF3 server for landing too many TV missles onto someone who must have had some sort of admin priv. It was a 1000 ticket game with less then a 100 tickets left.

I was raging so hard i didnt play BF3 for like a week after that

Ye had the same experience with BF2. Got to know the bods on the Lost Division server and had some good times, especially when one squad mate would comment that her husband on the other team was calling me nasty names for putting down mines where he was driving. :P

The server generally seemed to fill up with (mostly) the same players all hell bent on having a fun game.

I don't blame them, you already seem like a whiny biatch.

Kidding!!! Don't hate me.

I play very few multi player games because of things like this, why can't you just play against random people without encountering screamers, extreme obscenities and whiners?