bowlen

UPS Battery Disposal

I am looking at getting rid of quite a few UPS batteries in the Perth metro area, and was wondering where the best place is to do it? And also, whether there would be an associated charge or 'handling fee' to do so?

Well here in sunny Queensland we just take them to the council transfer station, where all things recyclable including battery's are sent to recyclers.

Well here in sunny Queensland we just take them to the council transfer station, where all things recyclable including battery's are sent to recyclers.

Similar here in cool Tassie. I just take any batteries to the local recycling centre.

I don't know offhand, but I'd probably ask an autoelectrician/car repair place where they dispose of their batteries.

Have you got a Battery World store nearby? Most of them offer recycling facilities for old batteries, although since they do it at their own cost you may want to approach them first for a large number at once. At the very least you could offer to buy something from them; maybe some replacement cells?

However, as bowiee and aliali said your local council may already have a program in place. Check at your local tip, or ring the council's information centre.

Aldi stores have a drop box for dead batteries to be recycled, but now I'm wondering if it's there only for dry cell batteries. Might be worth a shot anyway.