Can't remember your login details? Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
redrob

MY OCZ REAPER X PC2 6400 2gbx2 Has died

Well this sucks i have to go to the poxy library to get the net as ive been told by smelstra that there are no available ports wtf isn't this the 20th century .Anyways i need you guys help please my ram has died and OCZ have said they will give me a full refund but this ram is not made any more so i need to know please what would be best to replace these modules with for gaming . GA-P35-DS3R (rev. 2.1 windows 7 home premium 64bit

Cheers Rob

What is your budget? How much is the refund amount?

It seems your system still takes DDR2. If you have the funds it might be a good time to consider upgrading your whole system?

gday mate no cant do ,pocket is empty not sure yet waiting for ocz to get back to me .

Cheers

Are you in Sydney?

I will go to my storage room and see if I have any DDR2 lying around. If I have, you can have it for free.

Are you in Sydney?

I will go to my storage room and see if I have any DDR2 lying around. If I have, you can have it for free.

That's wicked .but I'm in Darwin .I'll pay to get it here .maybe I should use the refund to get another mobo.what are your thoughts.cheers again mYers for you r awesome generousity I have recently bought a hd4850 I can't afford to upgrade .still need a job

Can anyone help please I have recently moved back to Darwin.and at my age seem to be finding it hard to get work.my ram has been dropped from 4gbto 2gb.I will get a refund for these sticks.I have a hd 5950.2.4 gig q 6600.does anyone have a used mobo and ram to suit my now not so good rig please.

Edited by redrob

Ok mate thanks for looking much apreciated.so I'm guessing. Would I just upgrade to any 6400 men sticks.cheers Rob

Hi mate no theres no M.SY. Up here ill just get some of ebay might be the cheapest option.

Cheers for your help.

Make sure you dong get ripped off on EBay. People like to overcharge for ddr2 since it is now becoming harder to get.

Thanks mate nah im not going to bother with ebay ,to right dam rippoffs can rot in hell he he he he

Apparently dick smith/office works sell DDR2.

http://www.staticice.com.au/cgi-bin/search...x=&links=20

$25/2GB not a terrible price, second hand would probably be cheaper so you can also check maybe gumtree/ocau?

BTW no point in replacing only your motherboard, as anything worth upgrading to will require DDR3, possibly a new CPU as well. Best to just save and get CPU/Mobo/RAM all together.

Thanks poison for your advice yep all soughted now.new upgrade up and puring.mate any idea what I can do about ocz they will only give me 40 for both my faulty sticks I paid over150for both but coz they font make this ram anymore and I believe they don't sell any ram now.that's all they will give me even when I show the reciets.any ideas anyone.might go to department of fair trading

It's funny you know when you tell a company that fair trading will be advising me on what to go next .they crap them selves ocz have gone from there first offer of$ 44 to $88.that was the last offer from the director of ocz.considering the price of nearly .300.that I paid a few years ago isn't bad I spose.just for a to show if yoy jump up and down loud enough .they have to listen LOL