TheMojorising

What are you playing at the moment?

X-com

FUSION LAUNCHERS! Fuck yeah!

How fucking bad arse are those motherfuckers! Love it.

I might give X-Com another whirl before I lose my life to Rome 2...

-X

I realised there'd been a couple of updates to Prison Architect since last I played. They've added the ability for prisoners to dig tunnels for escape which is pretty cool and makes the game a lot harder. They've fleshed out the contraband system a lot. But they don't seem to have fixed any of the stuff that made me stop playing earlier.

X-com

FUSION LAUNCHERS! Fuck yeah!

How fucking bad arse are those motherfuckers! Love it.

I might give X-Com another whirl before I lose my life to Rome 2...

-X

With HEAT adn a Fusion launcher Sectopods are no longer a problem. WHICH IS AWESOME!

Fingers crossed but the next DLC "Enemy Within" is looking very interesting.

MECH SUITS!

Just started playing Saints Row 4. What the hell, it's exactly the same game as SR3? Did they even change anything at all? People complain that Battlefield 4 is just BF 3.5 but god damn.

That's because Saints Row 4 was going to be an expansion for SR3, but they decided to make it its own game.

Just started playing Mortal Kombat 9 on PC

Haven't playing fighting games in a long time, but this is probably the one I enjoyed most since MK3/MK Trilogy.

It even has a story mode where you play as different characters as the story progresses which is neat.

Most gaming lately has been Android based rather than PC, old computer or console or even emulation.

Recently put Angry Birds: Star Wars HD on. Like the extra levels although the design of many seem somewhat rushed and "samey" to others in the sequence.

Looking forward to AB: SW 2 - see how it goes. The offworld variants of AB and other devices you need to use add an entire new dimension.

Hoping Bad Piggies gets some sort of sequel or enhancement pack. It's a great game but the repeat value isn't quite the same as some of the AB games.

Just started playing Saints Row 4. What the hell, it's exactly the same game as SR3? Did they even change anything at all? People complain that Battlefield 4 is just BF 3.5 but god damn.

That's because Saints Row 4 was going to be an expansion for SR3, but they decided to make it its own game.

Jesus, I'm glad I got this from Uncle, no way was I paying $70 for it on Steam.

Well they said they'd make it bigger than if it was just an expansion.

I'm going to pick it up when it's cheap I reckon

I posted a topic on it because i was having troubles but Far Cry 3, I'm loving it, it is very addictive and it's fun with no boring or repetitiveness, It goes deep but not to deep as far as quests go, I love safari! lol

Well they said they'd make it bigger than if it was just an expansion.

I'm going to pick it up when it's cheap I reckon

You can see where it came from, but they have certainly taken it a lot further than they would have as an expansion. The other SR3 expansions were what, 3-4 missions long? The plot of SR4 would easily fit into that structure: 1) escape, 2) rescue friends, 2a) optional Spoilers, 3) kill Zinyak. It would not, however, be the same fleshed out game with each homie having their own rescue mission and loyalty mission.

As to it being the same game as SR3, wait until you get superpowers. SR3 was more similar to SR2 than SR4 is to SR3 despite SR3 and SR4 sharing the same city. Gameplay wise, you'll find that the only time you ever drive is when you're forced to by a mission, guns are only used on enemies who are resistant to your powers, and you spend as little time at ground level as possible. You still spend most of your time doing activities or hotspots (as in any SR game), but of the activities only Insurance Fraud and Mayhem have been brought forward from SR3. There are a couple of throwbacks to SR2 (Super Powered Fight Club, for instance) and Super Ethical Reality Climax comes up in a few missions, but is quite different from the original.

The game does have it's problems. The pacing feels off, the non-loyalty-mission sidequests are just lists of open world activities and hotspots to do with the thinnest of justifications that you have to leave the simulation to accept or hand in, there is no reason to explore once you get the collectible finder (which is available rather early), and the activities are horribly unbalanced. It is fun though. Make sure you listen to the classical music station. It's hosted by Zinyak and some of the segments are utterly hilarious.

Edited by DaCraw

I have been listening to the radio. Some pretty funny legit Shakespeare as read by the sterotypical newsreader lady.

It is a fun game, I'm just disappointed that it's the same game as SR3 with some extra stuff. Everything is the same, clothes, hairstyles, gunplay, it's all the same stuff reused. The graphics are pretty dire, it would have been nice if they bumped up some textures and whatnot. Zinyak's armour looks like minecraft, hair looks like it's from a PS2 game. This should be easy stuff to improve that would have a great overall effect, instead of reminding us they haven't done anything but copy and paste the same stuff that looked shit in the last game. Wow, SR3 was only released Nov 2011, I thought it was way older.

The superpower stuff is excellent though, makes for a very free and exciting style of play. It does lack some heart though, everything being in a simulation, there's no sense of being in a real world with people, just the occasional phone call with your crew telling you to do stuff. There's also no real challenge, right from the start you can casually walk around a Hotspot kicking every alien in the balls til they die, getting shot from all sides the entire time.

Also collecting the data clusters is painful, getting the same jarring screen effects and the same three exclamations from your character.

Don't forget the multitude of crashes that seem to happen randomly at the worst intervals.

Having a crack at psychonauts, it's interesting..... I can imagine alot of people who get high play this lol.

Don't forget the multitude of crashes that seem to happen randomly at the worst intervals.

This also applies to Farcry 3, I was doing the mission to save the blonde head kid, It was at the cut scene going back to the cave, BAM crash.....

I had a fuckload of random crashes in Far Cry 3.

Most of them in the same spot. I would have to put the game down for a month or more sometimes to wait for a patch and hope for the best.

I had Far Cry 3 crash on launch and had to crack the game to be able to play it, then when I wanted to patch the game, uncracked it and lost my saves

I got Final Fantasy XIV today (PC) and it looks like a great game. But even on low settings it runs like balls on my laptop, so I doubt I'll play it anymore. It's amazing the difference between mobile hardware and desktop hardware. A laptops i7 is like a desktops P4 haha.

I had Far Cry 3 crash on launch and had to crack the game to be able to play it, then when I wanted to patch the game, uncracked it and lost my saves

Well after all the bullshit crashes which were random time to time, I made it to the end of the game with 69% completion of the handbook.

43 hours clocked up it was fun as hell but the challenge left me when i upgraded everything at the beginning so it made it easier.

All n all 7 out of 10, I would have given it an 8 or even a 9 if it wern't for the crashes.

I got Final Fantasy XIV today (PC) and it looks like a great game. But even on low settings it runs like balls on my laptop, so I doubt I'll play it anymore. It's amazing the difference between mobile hardware and desktop hardware. A laptops i7 is like a desktops P4 haha.

I got an alienware lappy and put it on high performance runs all the new games like a charm, Laptops aren't as limited when the Hardware is matched with the software or ready to handle it.

It's just when u get like a Year or 2 to 3 max from the day you buy it then u start to see your hardware fall behind.

Well after all the bullshit crashes which were random time to time, I made it to the end of the game with 69% completion of the handbook.

43 hours clocked up it was fun as hell but the challenge left me when i upgraded everything at the beginning so it made it easier.

All n all 7 out of 10, I would have given it an 8 or even a 9 if it wern't for the crashes.

I got an alienware lappy and put it on high performance runs all the new games like a charm, Laptops aren't as limited when the Hardware is matched with the software or ready to handle it.

It's just when u get like a Year or 2 to 3 max from the day you buy it then u start to see your hardware fall behind.

Problem is, even being an i7 with a supposedly good dedicated graphics card, it's sucked with gaming since day 1.

Problem is, even being an i7 with a supposedly good dedicated graphics card, it's sucked with gaming since day 1.

Specs??

Really baffled as to what I should play until Batman/BF4 comes out.

Suggestions? Want some action and a good story. No modern warfare rubbish though.

Really baffled as to what I should play until Batman/BF4 comes out.

Suggestions? Want some action and a good story. No modern warfare rubbish though.

Retro! Throw in Soldier of Fortune or Painkiller and blow shit up. ;)