Can't remember your login details? Read more... ×
TheMojorising

What are you playing at the moment?

Takedown: Red Sabre is releasing tomorrow, really looking forward to playing a tactical online shooter, the Rainbow Six: Ravenshield community has been dead in Australia for years and nothing so far has taken its place. Swat 4 online was kind of promising, but something in that game never really clicked with me. So yeah, Playing GTAV at the moment, but I have finished it, so don't see myself spending as much time on it now until GTA Online is available, Takedown will hopefully fill the gap nicely.

State of Decay is also rumoured to release on Steam early access, however I can't afford it at the moment, so I'll have to wait for that one, very eager to play it at a high resolution and hopefully good framerate, as opposed to the jaggy, slow version on Xbox 360 though.

Really baffled as to what I should play until Batman/BF4 comes out.

Suggestions? Want some action and a good story. No modern warfare rubbish though.

Retro! Throw in Soldier of Fortune or Painkiller and blow shit up. ;)

I was thinking about Soldier of Fortune 1 and 2 the other day.

I really liked the first one at the time, but when I think back, there is only one level from the game that I actually really loved and that I remember and that is the Subway, the very first level.

Soldier of Fortune 2 was probably better over all imo, with more memorable locations and the newer technology obviously helped make it feel like a much "meatier" and satisfying shooter.

Anyway, my point is, I should probably go back and play them both :P

What about Soldier of Fortune 3 - Payback

Its not bad, I loved SOF 1's Subway, its the only level I like in that game also...

Was it a SOF game that was banned years ago because you could shoot off limbs and whatnot?

I don't recall any ban, but you could indeed do that.

Dammit - I think I'm going to have to play that again, now. Had the most satisfying heavy cal machine gun I'd come across at the time. The magic of foley.

Edited by Cybes

Soldier of Fortune 1 and 2 were great.

I didn't really like Payback though (and there was a stage where the game kept freezing so I gave up eventually in the end).

I started playing State of Decay because I haven't played a zombie game in a long time. It's very clunky on the PC because it only has controller prompts so several hours into playing I'm still guessing what they want me to push when it says (Y) or D-pad Up.

It's kind of an overwhelming game. As soon as you get to your first safe house you get bombarded with missions, info on resources, building, upgrading, leveling up, swapping characters (I didn't realise you could be anyone but Marcus until I googled how to sleep) and tons of other stuff. The game is still in early access or whatever, so they could really work on easing that curve.

Inventory juggling is a massive hassle. You can have a gun, a few mags worth of rounds, and a melee weapon, and you're basically chock full, even with the large backpack. I'm constantly finding stuff I can't carry, and I don't know if I can get my tag-along partner to carry anything either. I'm not sure what exactly happens when you call someone in on the radio to loot the area, whether they just take the 'boxes' of resources or if they get individual items too. And it's kind of frustrating being told there's 'nothing left' in a building when there's clearly stuff you could at least search through. I went into a farmhouse that was set up as a (devastated) field hospital. There was a desk covered in pill bottles, syringes, a doctor's bag etc, but it wouldn't let me even check it to see if any pills remained.

The inventory thing wouldn't be such a big deal if you didn't fall over five zombies every time you walk around a corner. I'm not sure how the zombie spawning works, because you clear out a house on your way to a mission, come back and it's crawling again. I've killed more zombies in the town than there could possibly be residents. I'm guessing this is so players don't have to 'go looking for a fight' but it gets bloody annoying, and makes it feel like your actions are worthless. Peek over the perimeter wall and you can spot half a dozen of them ambling around. But your fellow survivors don't seem the least bit worried.

I'm not sure how infection works. You can take multiple bites to the neck and it doesn't seem to matter. The zombies are really nonthreatening unless you're surrounded. A couple of scrawny, unarmed girls can kick in the heads of half a dozen zombies without taking a scratch. Guns really only need to be used for mobs, but even then, the best way to take out a horde is to drive a car through them a couple of times.

The music is excellent. In pitch darkness, being set upon by zombies, the game blares tense strings at you. And in the morning, you're granted soothing acoustic guitars, celebrating one more night survived.

I'll keep playing this and see how I like it, but the clunkiness of the controls is the major setback at this point.

After a long spell away from it, I rolled a Nord Chickzor , so am Doing Skyrim al la LA Fem Nordita , hehehe funny thing when I palyed a a guy I just took my characters vanilla , with no changes to their appearance, but roll a fem and I suddenly get vain , rerolled three time till I was happy with how I/she looked hehe.

And didn't make her supper pretty , I would call her a handsome woman, I wanted one that would look convincing swinging a two hander, she is good looking though intelligent eyes, not collagen lips but has a slight smirk, like she is mildly amused, and kinda looking forward dishing out an arse-kicking.

If I can navigate past the marked for death bug and have the right gear to equip Serena before she over burdens, I think I will complete the game with Vestha as I have named her. {:-)

PS: Wish I could screen cap her of the PS3.

Edited by Waltish

I started playing State of Decay because I haven't played a zombie game in a long time. It's very clunky on the PC because it only has controller prompts so several hours into playing I'm still guessing what they want me to push when it says (Y) or D-pad Up.

It's kind of an overwhelming game. As soon as you get to your first safe house you get bombarded with missions, info on resources, building, upgrading, leveling up, swapping characters (I didn't realise you could be anyone but Marcus until I googled how to sleep) and tons of other stuff. The game is still in early access or whatever, so they could really work on easing that curve.

Inventory juggling is a massive hassle. You can have a gun, a few mags worth of rounds, and a melee weapon, and you're basically chock full, even with the large backpack. I'm constantly finding stuff I can't carry, and I don't know if I can get my tag-along partner to carry anything either. I'm not sure what exactly happens when you call someone in on the radio to loot the area, whether they just take the 'boxes' of resources or if they get individual items too. And it's kind of frustrating being told there's 'nothing left' in a building when there's clearly stuff you could at least search through. I went into a farmhouse that was set up as a (devastated) field hospital. There was a desk covered in pill bottles, syringes, a doctor's bag etc, but it wouldn't let me even check it to see if any pills remained.

The inventory thing wouldn't be such a big deal if you didn't fall over five zombies every time you walk around a corner. I'm not sure how the zombie spawning works, because you clear out a house on your way to a mission, come back and it's crawling again. I've killed more zombies in the town than there could possibly be residents. I'm guessing this is so players don't have to 'go looking for a fight' but it gets bloody annoying, and makes it feel like your actions are worthless. Peek over the perimeter wall and you can spot half a dozen of them ambling around. But your fellow survivors don't seem the least bit worried.

I'm not sure how infection works. You can take multiple bites to the neck and it doesn't seem to matter. The zombies are really nonthreatening unless you're surrounded. A couple of scrawny, unarmed girls can kick in the heads of half a dozen zombies without taking a scratch. Guns really only need to be used for mobs, but even then, the best way to take out a horde is to drive a car through them a couple of times.

The music is excellent. In pitch darkness, being set upon by zombies, the game blares tense strings at you. And in the morning, you're granted soothing acoustic guitars, celebrating one more night survived.

I'll keep playing this and see how I like it, but the clunkiness of the controls is the major setback at this point.

The keyboard is not officially supported atm, even though it works

From the steam store page: This initial Early Access version of the game REQUIRES a wired Xbox 360 controller or wireless Xbox 360 controller with PC adapter (or compatible 3rd party controller).

It sounds like the PC version of the game may be slightly different from the 360 version (or maybe the latest updates have changed stuff, i havent played since release) because the zombie spawning seemed to work really well on 360, you could clear an area and it would stay mostly clear for a day or so until more zombies rocked up, houses etc. were usually totally empty as well. You should also count yourself lucky you can have a follower now, at release, you were alone with the zombies and it was a hell of a lot easier to get overwhelmed.

Edited by NukeJockey

Oh and I'm pretty sure I made a thread about it a while back, not sure if theres any info in there though.

Shiiit, didn't mean to double post -.-

It sounds like the PC version of the game may be slightly different from the 360 version (or maybe the latest updates have changed stuff, i havent played since release) because the zombie spawning seemed to work really well on 360, you could clear an area and it would stay mostly clear for a day or so until more zombies rocked up, houses etc. were usually totally empty as well. You should also count yourself lucky you can have a follower now, at release, you were alone with the zombies and it was a hell of a lot easier to get overwhelmed.

Yeah I knew about the controller thing but a quick google told me exactly what I've experienced; keyboard works but it's pretty dodgy.

Spawning definitely sounds messed up then, I don't think I've ever entered a building that didn't have plenty of zombies in it, around it, and next door to it.

Arg just had my first character die because I don't know what B is. A feral zombie jumped out of nowhere (no dot on the minimap) and started clawing at me. Told me to press B to get him off. Mashing every button wasn't working so I hit escape and alt tabbed to google it. This site told me it was hold right click and tap space http://www.incgamers.com/2013/09/play-stat...he-control-list

All right click did was weirdly zoom in on the zombie and I got clawed to death. I think he was only a fairly low level character, I saw his Cardio tick over to level 2 a few minutes earlier. The only character I don't want to lose is Marcus because he was played from the start and is pretty highly levelled. It was annoying though because I had just got to the area I was supposed to find plastic sheeting to build a bloody library, only a few hundred metres from home.

The AI seems to have stopped working properly, my house just got attacked by two hordes at once and the rest of my team just stood around doing nothing. Normally they're popping off headshots before I can even get close. Coming up on a 'survivor in distress' or whatever has them just standing casually while being swiped at by five zombies that I have to spam to death. Also I called in a scavenger run on some food a long way from home and she bloody RAN there when there's four cars outside home.

Edited by Harmonic Cacophony

I hadn't heard of State of Decay before, but from the reviews online, this seems really intriguing

Just got another bug, started a mission where I have to go with a guy to kill some zombies. But he just stands there. If I go to towards the area myself the game tells me to go back and get him. There's no way for me to coax him along. He even stands there getting chewed on by zombies. I found a youtube vid showing how you can shunt NPCs along by walking into them, and pushing them through the house gate or door can trigger the AI into working again, but this didn't work for me. It would probably only work if I shunted him to the location myself but that would take hours. And the game doesn't save mid-mission so I played about half an hour's worth for nothing.

Yeah if it keeps doing that stuff I'll stop playing til they release updates. It's still in early access or whatever. But from googling various issues it seems like nothing's changed since it came out on Xbox back in June.

Hrm, nah dude, these sound like PC bugs to me, never had any issues on 360 like you're describing. I've played a little bit on PC so far and the Zombie AI are definitely much buggier, with them teleporting, disappearing, spawning in front of you etc. Never experienced any of that stuff on the 360 version, just poor streaming issues, jaggy graphics and poor framerates :P

Possibly squashed by one of the updates that was released soon after the game, not sure. Or possible that it only happens under certain circumstances?

Only major issues I ran into on 360 were zombies coming through walls/doors, everything else worked as intended. By comparison, the PC version seems heaps buggier to me, I'll be holding off playing it until they get closer to a release version.

I just finished the story mode on Mortal Kombat Komplete Edition.

Something different to the traditional fighting games with a proper story line (and you get to play as most characters along the way)

A bit off topic, anyone play the new Shadow Warrior yet?

Duke Nukem Forever was a let down.

Rise of the Triad 2013 was decent, but the game is practically the same after the 1st stage.

I hope the new Shadow Warrior isn't another uninspired remake.

Edited by 8vm

Back into Prison architect. It's becoming a pretty awesome game. Prisoners now attempt to tunnel out of prison, there are dog handlers, more options to run your prison like a nazi work camp and less bugs. I'm having heaps of fun. Was going really well too until this one goddamn max sec prisoner arrived, smuggled in a gun which was taken, then killed the janitor, then got into a fight. There goes my hours without incident bonus. Motherfucker!

-X

I'm playing The Sims Freeplay on my HTC one. Holy duck its so addictive. Can't wait to earn some more solid income and watch my Sims and their homes soar!

Also playing world series of poker online. People that aren't in the sit and go tournaments love to all in anything.