TheMojorising

What are you playing at the moment?

Deus Ex HR:The Missing Link

Going through a third run through to see if I missed anything. Was happy I got the Factory Zero achievement but still was a pain to get it to finally unlock.

Playing GTAIV, BF3, Just Cause 2 and now waiting for State of Decay trial to download so I can give it a go. Haven't got the coin to splash on the full version atm...

One day, I'm hoping to go through my games library and try and clean up achievements wise.

I'm finding it more and more annoying that I keep buying all these open sandbox games like GTA/Just Cause 2/Skyrim and not completing them 100% - why? I don't fucking know. Am I the only one?

Just running through NWN (1) again. All expansions. Epic sun cleric caving peoples' heads in, flame striking the mobs, and destroying the undead hordes - yeah baby!

Just running through NWN (1) again. All expansions. Epic sun cleric caving peoples' heads in, flame striking the mobs, and destroying the undead hordes - yeah baby!

I played the original when it first came out and got the pack in a GoG sale a while back and have been meaning to play through it again, how does it stack up after all these years?

I played the original when it first came out and got the pack in a GoG sale a while back and have been meaning to play through it again, how does it stack up after all these years?

I have the GOG version too, despite owning the original disk. Their version is fully patched, and has everything behaving nicely.

I may have wide tolerances, but it suites me pretty well. I don't notice many problems now that I didn't also notice at the time: the occasional odd moment when an enemy can see you, but does nothing about it (one even waved at me!); characters will get hung up on minor bits of terrain occasionally, or even npcs; models are very blocky if you zoom right in - but I never play that way... Trifling stuff, imho. Story-wise it's as good as it ever was.

Payday 2.

Midnighter????????????????????????

Good to see you! :)

Indeed! Verily, sorely missed old face.

Do you plan to be around much, Middy, or is this just a momentary lapse into nostalgia?

In amongst everything else picked up Miasmata in the Steam sale.

Saw it ages ago and was interested - but wanted it cheap.

Great 'little' game if you like exploring.

I think it could really add to replayability if it was more roguelike though - and it looks to me like the Devs may have even set it up with this in mind?

Couple of interesting things about it:

It's the first game in a long time where I haven't had to kill stuff to progress. In fact, you don't kill anything.

With that in mind - I can't wait to see it put in front of the Classification Board here... you see it has "realistic drug use"... I would really love to see the ACB slap an R18+ on a game about cartography and plant collecting!

Been getting back into Dark Souls lately, playing with a few mates, using DSCFix (Dark Souls connection Fix), which means its easy as hell to summon friends now. Ran a few friends through Sens Fortress this afternoon and then got some help killing Ornstein and Smough in Anor Londo, then started a new character to try an SL120 PVP build a friend gave me, just beat Chaos Witch Quelaag and rang the bell, so back up to Sen's fortress on the new character now. Although My character is seriously under-powered at the moment, makes things hard.

I have the GOG version too, despite owning the original disk. Their version is fully patched, and has everything behaving nicely.

I may have wide tolerances, but it suites me pretty well. I don't notice many problems now that I didn't also notice at the time: the occasional odd moment when an enemy can see you, but does nothing about it (one even waved at me!); characters will get hung up on minor bits of terrain occasionally, or even npcs; models are very blocky if you zoom right in - but I never play that way... Trifling stuff, imho. Story-wise it's as good as it ever was.

I really enjoyed the Campaign in NWN, never played through the expansions though.

Spent hundreds of hours playing online in RP servers with Dasa too, going back 9 years now, I think the last time I played it was about 2-3 years ago.

Edited by NukeJockey

I really enjoyed the Campaign in NWN, never played through the expansions though.

Spent hundreds of hours playing online in RP servers with Dasa too, going back 9 years now, I think the last time I played it was about 2-3 years ago.

Could just be me, but I really liked the Hordes of the Underdark expansion campaign - maybe even more than the original. The start of it is a, er, rude awakening; you're kinda thrown in at the deep end; and it's quite a bit shorter the the original, but I loved it. Maybe it's just the plentiful mix of old school dungeon-bashing enemies: Drow, Duegar, Mind Flayers, Beholders, Demons, a Dracolich, more undead than you can count... Or maybe it's just because you're set loose in the freakin' Underdark!

Shadows of Undrentide is pretty cool, but... Well, here - but don't read it unless you're ok with being spoiled:

In the original campaign, you're saving the world from the return of the Creator Race. In HotU, you're saving at least Waterdeep (but potentially the world) from Mephistopholes - and you have to die to do it. SoU, though, has you defeat a medusa Mage who's trying to refloat a flying city. ??? Seems a tad underwhelming to me.

It does explain the origin of the Kobold bard, Deekin (who is selling stuff in NWN2), though.

Xbox or PC? I played it when it first came out on 360 months ago, but shelved it in favour of waiting for the PC version. Couldn't handle the framerate or all the jaggies, made the game near unplayable for me.

Edited by NukeJockey

Playing f1 2013 atm. Bought it on monday and have already put more hours into it (5) than all of f1 2012.

Been getting back into Dark Souls lately, playing with a few mates, using DSCFix (Dark Souls connection Fix), which means its easy as hell to summon friends now. Ran a few friends through Sens Fortress this afternoon and then got some help killing Ornstein and Smough in Anor Londo, then started a new character to try an SL120 PVP build a friend gave me, just beat Chaos Witch Quelaag and rang the bell, so back up to Sen's fortress on the new character now. Although My character is seriously under-powered at the moment, makes things hard.

Yeah I saw you playing this so I gave it another go myself - Its hard going. I'm in the first castle type thing - theres like a massive bull demon upstairs, downstairs is a knight with a massive dildo looking thing that one hits me . The black knight I've managed to kill but only by running away climbing upstairs and shooting him with an xbow and flinging those firebottles at him.... I was hoping for him to drop his shield or sword or armour or anything. Nope.

Xbox or PC? I played it when it first came out on 360 months ago, but shelved it in favour of waiting for the PC version. Couldn't handle the framerate or all the jaggies, made the game near unplayable for m

Xbox 360 - Yeah the graphics are awful, its buggy, shit lags / zeds teleport all over the place occasionally. Controls can be stiff but I'm persevering. I'm just too happy that this is the closest thing by far to what I wanted in a zombie game (perhaps i'd like a bit more focus on sim management but yeah)

The black knight I've managed to kill but only by running away climbing upstairs and shooting him with an xbow and flinging those firebottles at him.... I was hoping for him to drop his shield or sword or armour or anything. Nope.

Even if he did drop something useful, you likely won't be leveled enough to use if efficiently. :p

Go up and fight the Minotaur boss, he's really easy if you know what to do.

I've been playing Dark Souls a bit lately as well... spent about 15 hours on it so far.

Had to start over as I'd lost my old saves.

Been playing both by myself, and with Nuke and another at times. Mostly in harder, unknown territory, and for boss fights, etc.

Recently got the Deus Ex: Human Revolution Director's Cut.

Been meaning to do a replay of DXHR, and it seems like now is a good time.

A little ARMA 3 campaign the other night as well. Seems good.

Waiting for Gran Turismo 6 to come out, and other than that... there's almost no games that interest me until next year.

Everything looks terrible.

Edited by Ezkaton

Yeah, started off again with a cleric, did some exploring at the start and found a magic sword and shield right next to a dragons mouth which then one hit me.didnt worry me too much as I got to keep the items, running around undead burg or whatever its called now, trying to kill some big black rock looking dude who one hits me with a massive dildo looking mace.

This time the black knight dropped his sword but I cant use it... yet

Yeah the Black Knights have a chance to drop their weapons, I assume you got Astora's Straight Sword, near the Ancient Dragon in the Valley of the Drakes. I've heard its a good sword if you have the faith required to use it. The Shield you got I think would be the Dragoncrest Shield? Has decent Fire protection on it.

Make sure you create a build (and stick to it) before you get too far into the game, otherwise you may end up with stats all over the place and a character that is a jack of all trades and a master of none, not a good way to play the game. I don't know too much about casters, but I think this could turn out to be a decent build.

I don't know which armour or rings would go well with that, maybe check out the build list here.

I never did play much Dark Souls but i heard so many good things, I think I will grab it next time it's reasonable priced on steam. My girlfriend was looking for new co-op games to play, so this might be fun.

I had a LAN with some guys at work over the weekend, we played about 15 hours of BF4 online, running around as a squad. Rank 1-10 was terrible but now that I've unlocked a lot of things, having more fun with it. I've also played through 5 of the 7 campaign levels, and was surprised at how much I actually enjoyed it. Playing on hard but it wasn't actually very hard, would be good to get a very hard or something. Highly recommended though, even if it's a bit short.

I never did play much Dark Souls but i heard so many good things, I think I will grab it next time it's reasonable priced on steam. My girlfriend was looking for new co-op games to play, so this might be fun.

I had a LAN with some guys at work over the weekend, we played about 15 hours of BF4 online, running around as a squad. Rank 1-10 was terrible but now that I've unlocked a lot of things, having more fun with it. I've also played through 5 of the 7 campaign levels, and was surprised at how much I actually enjoyed it. Playing on hard but it wasn't actually very hard, would be good to get a very hard or something. Highly recommended though, even if it's a bit short.

It was on special a few weeks ago for $7.50, so I imagine you'll be able to get it at that price again soon. Be careful though, its not a traditional coop game, while the Dark Souls Connection Fix thing makes it easier to connect to your friends, its not as simple as inviting them to your game or anything and it can't all be played coop.