TheMojorising

What are you playing at the moment?

Fair enough.

It's taken me about a week of gameplay to get everyone off 1 dmg weapons. Some people are on 2dmg or 2-3 dmg pistols still. Everyone however has a weapon and I have some in my stash for new dwellers. The big area of patience is getting to the 30(?) dwellers to start getting training rooms.

Once you have training rooms, things accelerate. I find that I get up in morning. Send strongest 2 or so dwellers out into wastes. Give them the best guns and armour (Prioritize luck and endurance!) about 5 - 10 stimpacks and radaways each (Which is about all you can afford at this stage in the game). This is enough for a good 6 - 10 hrs. Keep an eye on them. When nearly out, recall. Then put into training. Leave them to train until next morning. Early on, that's enough to get a stat or 2 in, in that area. Higher stats, mean longer in the wastes. Longer in the wastes is more items with better chances of rares/legendaries. I'm now up to the stage of I can have a dweller out all day, and have to recall at bedtime. (They're back by the time I wake up). Then a full day + nights training for them. So, for example, my primary explorer is (Without equipment) 10 endurance, 8 strength, 4 perception, 4 agility, 2 intelligence, 2 charisma and 3 luck. With equipment It's 11 endurance and 10 strength.

With a legendary shotgun on top. (The only legendary outfit I have is gender gated. Can't put it on her)

Truly a game that rewards patience. Of which I have lots. To a fault sometimes.

AD

I was playing the shit out of Dark Souls 2 on my PS4, but it shat itself (the PS4) in exactly the same way that my first one did, and after only 100 hours or thereabouts of use. I'm hoping I don't have the same problem that a friend of mine has had with them. He's on his 5th PS4 now. Sent it in to get replaced today and picked up The Master Chief Collection for the XboxOne on the way home.

It's been so long since I've turned on the Xbone that there was a 3GB update needed before I could play anything. I'm looking forward to revisiting the Halo universe from start to finish. In all honesty, that was about the only thing worth getting. Everything else is on the PC, only way better and cheaper. I really couldn't find another exclusive worth paying for.

FUCK. IT.

I honestly have less frustration getting one-shotted by bosses in PoE.

If it makes you feel any better I've lost two 70's and a 50 in recent weeks. :P

Fucking lost 90% of my vault to deathclaws followed by molerats in fallout shelter. Had a huge vault humming along nicely with 185 dwellers. Deathclaws came when I didn't have time to deal with them so I exited out expecting to be able to deal with them in a couple hours when I got home.

Get home, find ive run out of food and all my dwellers are on 5% health. Deathclaws come in and run through half my vault. No time to react.

I rush a diner to get food and fail. Molerats attack and spread like wildfire taking out most of the remaining dwellers.

I'm devastated.

Not good justo316. Hope you recover.

On day 8 for Fallout shelter.

I have kept my vault small so far and only have just gotten 24 dwellers. All are armed with at least 6-8 damage weapons and all have a minium of +2 clothing.

After doing research I have found out that having a radio room increases your chances of deathclaw attacks by quite a large amount so I most likely will not build any.

I have 2 guys that can go out for around 16 hours with out dying and they bring back a lot shit. I have found 5 blue weapons and 2 blue outfits so far and got 2 gold weapons from lunchboxes.

So far, I'm either doing something right or have been very lucky.

You're very lucky..

I'm 49 dwellers now..

I want 1 more dweller to get the 'games room' (Luck builder).

Then? No more dwellers. Closing off the radio room.

I'm now just stacking my dwellers. My training rooms are all full. I've got several dwellers with 10 in at least 2 stats. I've only got 1 dedicated 'explorer' at the moment, but that will expand in the next 3 or 4 days. I'm constantly selling things. avg dmg is <4? Sell it. Outfit not giving 3 stat in a skill? Sold.

Here's a pro tip though. Learn what emergencies require what skills! Raiders/deathclaws? Strength. Molerats/radroachs/fire? Intelligence. Not kidding. You have a 10 intelligence character and those critters go down in no time at all.

Endurance is just 'all round useful'.

After you get to a certain point, you just need to redesign your vault to have the first 2 or 3 levels as 'kill zones' and the rest is just well established. The top levels need to be with your 'creme de la creme' dwellers. I'm not there yet. But I've worked that much out.

------------------

What I'm playing:

Welllllll. Not yet.. Hand of Fate is downloading. 50% off @ Steam sale. So got it.

But very soon. Minutes away. I'll be playing it.

AD

Metal Gear Solid 5, so far I've finished the first 2 missions and moving onto the next mission. I have to admit, Kojima has really outdone himself on this and yes, FUCK KONAMI AND YOUR MICRO-TRANSACTIONS.

CS go was half price the other week and it was too tempting. Iv been playing it a bit and am actually enjoying it. Im not taking it seriously so the flaming and shit talk is actually rather amusing (apart from a 12 year old screaming like a little bitch the other day). I am so fucking horrible I have not played an fps since i stopped playing counterstrike in like 04 or 05. I am really enjoying the casual nature of it, there is no set time on game if I want to leave after 3 rounds then i leave. Its not like im fucking it for everyone else by doing so which is refreshing.

Hi guys, back on the gaming scene after building a new rig.

Witcher 3 looks pretty as does Dragon Age Inquisition - I spose I should pick one over the other and follow that through to the end

CS-Go is my shooty fix.

Will likely get GTAV at some point

What else should I look at playing around with?

My new baby is a

i5-6500

GTX 9700 4gb

16gb DDR4

Asrock z970 pro

all in a pretty r5 Fractal Design case

I've been getting into Pinball Arcade a fair bit lately (Android Phone).

Faithful emulation of a growing list of pinball machines, done every bit as well as others like VPinball/PinMame or Future Pinball (and like it is done with true rendered 3D graphics).

I play Space Shuttle more than anything else. Other old favourites of mine are there too like Cyclone, Terminator 2, Getaway: High Speed 2, Pinbot and Cue Ball Wizard.

Complaints - controller support is poor, doesn't allow configuration besides touch presets or work with any other controller I can offer up. It ignores your screen orientation lock so can inadvertantly change into landscape mode without you wanting it to. The nature of the touch interface for flippers is such that in playing the game you obscure part of the playfield, and you can easily slip off the touch area or hit a function button which is real annoying.

The auto rotate seems useless in that regard too. It's happy to play in upright portrait or whatever landscape direction but if you hold the phone upside down so that you're not accidentally pressing the exit key, the game doesn't rotate to match you.

It's pretty till you have to pick up and move the damn thing. :P

Have had to lift it a couple of times now, not much of annoyance really. NO weight issues, just minimal places to grab it without dislodging a fan filter or something.

Maybe some of those straps might be an idea though I don't anticipate moving it often enough to worry too much

They're not the best thing inside the case at times either. I had to break out the old ruler to make sure which video cards would fit when I upgraded mine recently.

Was just browsing around last night looking up info on 80s games.

Next thing you know I'm looking at a remake of Millenium 2.2 so I downloaded it.

https://glitch01.wordpress.com/2006/08/29/millennium-remake-completed/

Was playing for probably 2 hours - the game claims to be complete but (spewing) it crashed on me due to a bug, no save file in sight either (should have not trusted it so much).

It's a game that is somewhat scripted and very predictable once you've finished a few times but for some reason kept dragging me back so had to check out this revival version.

In some ways better but IMO not as good as the original. The attack phase where you launch a fighter - I've got NFI how that's supposed to work. On the original you had a cockpit view and shot at the bad guys but in this one you just seem to have a movable view of a space battle and how you actually influence the outcome is anyone's guess (suppose RTFM is in order).

Playing a fair bit of Fallout 4, intertwined with the normal sim racing games (stock car extreme, rFactor 2, and Assetto Corsa atm).

I'm spending most my time wandering around the wilderness, stim'd off my head . Then I play Fallout 4. hahahahaha

Having a break from FO4 and started playing Warhammer Quest. I find it a fun little RPG.

Fallout 4

World of Warships (got to have my pearls!)

Fallout 4

Bloodborne (need to finish before the next DLC hits)

Did I mention Fallout 4?

Sam and Max Seasons 1 - 3

Finished Episodes 1 - 5 of Season 1. Playing the Season 1 finale tonight.

Bit of a PITA to get working on Windows 10. Not difficult, but requires editing a config file and playing only in windowed mode (not full screen)

AD

Xmas holidays (which came with a new xbone) so trying to juggle

PC - Fallout 4, Just Cause 3, Battlefront

PS4 - NBA 2K16, Uncharted 2

Xbone - Forza 6, Tomb Raider Definitive Ed, Halo 5, Dead Rising 3

I keep forgetting how to play each game cos I keep swapping :P

I don't understand how you do that, justo. Not just you personally, but generally. When I pick up a game, I play it until it's done. Or I give up on it. Either way, it gets exclusive play until it gets put away for an extended period.

I don't understand how you do that, justo. Not just you personally, but generally. When I pick up a game, I play it until it's done. Or I give up on it. Either way, it gets exclusive play until it gets put away for an extended period.

Yes, that's how I normally play too. I am seriously struggling this week.