Can't remember your login details? Read more... ×
TheMojorising

What are you playing at the moment?

Picked up Far Cry Primal this arvo and have played about 2 hours so far and I am enjoying it.

Finally go around to firing up Wasteland 2. Fun as hell atm, but I'm an old Fallout 2 fan and it punches buttons for me. Dunno if I'll replay it much once I've finished it, though.

I finished Bioshock and Bioshock 2 now

I went to play the Bioshock 2 DLC Minerva's Den, but I've decided to come back to it later, it seemed like more of the same...

This weekend I decided to re-play Just Cause 2, I love this game so much! I wish I had a 7 day weekend.

I'm playing nothing at the moment.

Got stuck on Far Cry 3 5mins into the game where a guy drops on me with a knife and I'm told to press "sparebar"

Apparently pressing spacebar does nothing and the guy kills me every time.

Thinking about reloading Mass Effect 1,2,3

I "finished" playing Just Cause 2 last night, in that I finished the Story Missions, I killed every Colonel, and then "discovered every location". I think that brought it to 60% completion, prolly waste too many hours to get it anywhere near 100%, Might be fun to use this savegame to go back in and explore more when I feel like mucking around.

Just started up Freelancer again - Jonesing for Star Citizen, and just had to fire up another Chris Roberts title. ;)

Getting a bit tricky to find all the mods these days, and it takes some wrangling to get it to play at 1920x1080, but it sure does look a lot sweeter with hi-rez textures and some more pixels to show them off with. (Pity about the HUD not being out at the edges where it belongs.)

Speaking of SC... Squadron 42 is supposed to drop later this year. What a coincidence: Polaris (AMD) and Pascal (nVidia) are both due around the same time! Think I'll start specc'ing my 4K gaming box.

Edit: Fixed "Pascal". Can't believe I typed the same name twice.

Edited by Cybes

I just got my first console (with a bit of assistance from a friend), a 1TB PS4, i bought it with a bundle of games, and a second controller. The bundle had the Nathan Drake collection (1,2,3), GTA V and Far Cry 4.

I borrowed Fallout 4, Just Cause 3, and Deadpool from a friend.

I've started playing each game (except Far Cry), and it will take me a while to get the hang of First Person Shooters on a controller.

Only drama I'm having is that the voice chat (And Rockstar Social Club Services) functionality of the PS4 doesn't work unless I connect it directly to the internet, so I'll need to get a switch so I can keep it and my home network connected to the internet at the same time.

I don't really consider myself to be a console gamer, this may change over time. I was encouraged to buy the PS4 so that I can play GTA V Online with a friend who has an extensive console collection (she has just about every console except for anything Xbox)

I'm torn playing the PS4 versions of Just Cause 3 and Fallout 4 over the PC versions, because I wanted the PC experience.

Edited by smadge1

Started X-Wing Alliance again tonight. Really should have setup the old MS Sidewinder 2 joystick. As the Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog is starting to give me a blister. It's just not meant for this sort of game.

After I took the below screenshot, I realised tomorrow was international Star Wars day. Well, I already knew, I've been making Star Wars chocolates all day, but when I decided to start playing X-Wing Alliance it was all temporarily forgotten.

Anyhow, this gave me a giggle.

vadersEmail.jpg

• Like 1

The Witcher 3. I put it on to play while Doom downloaded in the background. It had been almost a year since I played it last, so I started a new game. I forgot how good it is. After six hours of play I have no interest in stopping so I can play the Doom SP. The only reason I'm even typing this right now is that I'm having a dinner break.

Now I have GTA V on PC and PS4, it gets a little confusing switching back and forward.

I have a friend I play with on PS4, and my brother on PC... I'm gonna investigate ways to map the PS4 controller on the PC, as I'd rather not switch between the PS4 and Xbox360 controllers.

Yeah, I'm also seriously getting into Fallout 4 on the PS4, borrowing discs is a lot cheaper than purchasing on Steam.

Just got Uncharted 4 today for PS4 and UFC2 for XB1.

That's to keep me entertained when I need a break from Dark Souls 3 on PC :P

Having just purchased the PS4, I have to grind myself through the first three Uncharted's before I get into 4.

Starpoint Gemini 2

Well, flying around sans storyline... Guess I should start the campaign sometime.

Just started playing BMS Falcon 4.0. So far I'm liking the DCS A-10C more. Possibly because it is already setup and flight sims of this realism are a PITA to configure to your own liking.

While trying to juggle Dark Souls 3, Uncharted 4 and UFC 2, I've been partially hooked back on to The Division since the new patch (which has made it far more enjoyable for a mainly solo PvE player like me).

Total War Warhammer.

Isn't that supposed to be around the other way? I mean, Warhammer is the franchise, not Total War.

Total War Warhammer.

Isn't that supposed to be around the other way? I mean, Warhammer is the franchise, not Total War.

Nope.

Also they are both franchises.

2schmNm.jpg

Also they are both franchises.

Huh. OK then! :)

Total War Warhammer.

So how are you finding it? I chose to go with Overwatch as money is tight atm (building a house) and I'd bought DOOM a few days before. I'll probably pick it up in the next couple of weeks.

Edited by disolusiond

Total War Warhammer.

So how are you finding it? I chose to go with Overwatch as money is tight atm (building a house) and I'd bought DOOM a few days before. I'll probably pick it up in the next couple of weeks.

To be honest, for me I'm not hooked on it but if you like either one of the franchises or both you will at least like it.

I never really got into the TW games before so I am still learning my way around the whole layout.

I need to play it more (only 6 hours so far) to get a better idea of things.

• Like 1

Now I have GTA V on PC and PS4, it gets a little confusing switching back and forward.

I have a friend I play with on PS4, and my brother on PC... I'm gonna investigate ways to map the PS4 controller on the PC, as I'd rather not switch between the PS4 and Xbox360 controllers.

Yeah, I'm also seriously getting into Fallout 4 on the PS4, borrowing discs is a lot cheaper than purchasing on Steam.

Hi smadge1,

I use input mapper which let me use a ps4 controller on my pc, sees it as an xbox controller.

Total War Warhammer.

To be honest, for me I'm not hooked on it but if you like either one of the franchises or both you will at least like it.

I never really got into the TW games before so I am still learning my way around the whole layout.

I need to play it more (only 6 hours so far) to get a better idea of things.

I put countless hours into Rome TW, and although I haven't played much WH I do like the lore and the universe it's set in. I have most of the WH games, it's just finding the time to play them when there are so many games to play. Stick with it. Six hours is nothing in a Total War game. You could put in 100 and still learn new things.

Been away on holidays overseas and started playing a game on my phone, Maiden: Legacy of the Beast.

I am a hardcore Iron Maiden fan and this game for me, merged 2 things I love together so it was win win for me. Even spent some money on it and I never spend money on mobile games!

Also just picked up Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited for $20 at EB games. Played it back in the beta and it was OK however a lot of new content has been added and people are giving it a really good rap now so since it was on sale I said why not give it another go.

Oh and I anybody else is thinking of getting it on sale after you install 4 disks be prepared for around 30Gb's worth of patches to download before you can start playing!

• Like 1