Can't remember your login details? Read more... ×
TheMojorising

What are you playing at the moment?

I was putting up recent games though I completely agree on Skyrim & would include Oblivion which had a profound effect on me, and I also bound in deeper to the main quest in Oblivion , Got a tad weepy when at the end of the main quest Martin *********** spoilers ********** I just sat there for twenty mins or so listening to the music till I felt like moving on with the game.

PS: Started a new build in Mass Effect, Yep the first one shows its age but once you buy into the story you wont notice,

I couldn't recommend an older game series more highly to anyone that missed it.

Edited by Waltish

I was putting up recent games though I completely agree on Skyrim & would include Oblivion which had a profound effect on me, and I also bound in deeper to the main quest in Oblivion , Got a tad weepy when at the end of the main quest Martin *********** spoilers ********** I just sat there for twenty mins or so listening to the music till I felt like moving on with the game.

PS: Started a new build in Mass Effect, Yep the first one shows its age but once you buy into the story you wont notice,

I couldn't recommend an older game series more highly to anyone that missed it.

I recently finished mass effect 2, that was an amazing game....and the fact that martin dies to stop the oblivion crisis is spoiled in the skyrim loading screens...... "The Fourth Era began 200 years ago when Martin Septim Sacrificed himself to save the world from the Oblivion Crisis"

• Like 1

I played several days of Fallout 4. At an earlier time, I couldn't progress the story mode past a certain point, as I was too low a level.

So I decided to start again, but do a bunch of the Minutemen missions to level up and get cool loot, now I've progressed in the story mode to the point where I could kill an Institute Courser and nick the chip out of his head.

I still don't know if I should or could side with the BoS going forward, in FO3 and FNV it was advantageous for getting access to hi-tech gear, but in this game, they are not the only hi-tech faction in town.

I really wish the weapon and ammo mods were brought over from F:NV, but I think it'll get better as I level up some of the crafting perks.

And apart from FO4, I've fired up No Man's Sky to see what all the fuss was about, and so far, it's just like running side-quests for Fallout.

...I've fired up No Man's Sky to see what all the fuss was about, and so far, it's just like running side-quests for Fallout.

"Another settlement needs our help"?

The concept of NMS, from what I've seen in trailers and reviews, really interests me. I really find it hard to get past the cell shading, and almost impossible to get over space that's brighter than your dash lights.

I played several days of Fallout 4. At an earlier time, I couldn't progress the story mode past a certain point, as I was too low a level.

So I decided to start again, but do a bunch of the Minutemen missions to level up and get cool loot, now I've progressed in the story mode to the point where I could kill an Institute Courser and nick the chip out of his head.

I still don't know if I should or could side with the BoS going forward, in FO3 and FNV it was advantageous for getting access to hi-tech gear, but in this game, they are not the only hi-tech faction in town.

I really wish the weapon and ammo mods were brought over from F:NV, but I think it'll get better as I level up some of the crafting perks.

And apart from FO4, I've fired up No Man's Sky to see what all the fuss was about, and so far, it's just like running side-quests for Fallout.

that's why all the memes for fallout and no mans sky exist;

https://i.reddituploads.com/417727e925b54db19da2c8f9fd4bdbed?fit=max&h=1536&w=1536&s=ea3eb29432d01d0e39ceb92869981f67

and; http://imgur.com/seUQM11

...I've fired up No Man's Sky to see what all the fuss was about, and so far, it's just like running side-quests for Fallout.

"Another settlement needs our help"?

"Another planet needs our help"

My experience with NMS is basically, there's stuff everywhere to explore, every time I reach a shelter (or whatever) more appear on my HUD, I could probably explore a whole planet in this fashion.

I do not like the minute-to-minute grind to survive, and the sentinels bug the heck out of me (and I'm on a low-level, neutral planet, on some planets, the sentinels can be really aggressive)

I also do not know how to access the global "Altas" that everyone is uploading to. Maybe I need the AtlasPass V1 or V2.

Played a bunch more hours last night, and the game started wearing thin...

I like this review:

ABC should get rid of those pompous dweebs on GG and hire this guy.

• Like 1

Dunkey is awesome

if a bit sweary!

Put simply, as Dunkey said, the astronomical variety as advertised, is only a thin veneer, underneath, everything is the same, the grind to survive takes the fun out of the game, only hardcore people with no life are gonna play this after a week.

Maybe they'll patch in everything that people want or need to make this game great, but they'll lose a lot of players in the meantime.

I can't even be bothered to rename stuff, might be easier on a PC with a keyboard.

Disappointing.

Still, I wonder what you and Dunkey expected? The advertised point, after all, was that it is up to you - that there is no point to the game (except a nebulous "get to the centre of the universe" [there isn't one - though the game might have one]).

Dunkey is awesome

if a bit sweary!

Put simply, as Dunkey said, the astronomical variety as advertised, is only a thin veneer, underneath, everything is the same, the grind to survive takes the fun out of the game, only hardcore people with no life are gonna play this after a week.

Maybe they'll patch in everything that people want or need to make this game great, but they'll lose a lot of players in the meantime.

I can't even be bothered to rename stuff, might be easier on a PC with a keyboard.

I imagine with rpg elements featuring strongly,that as one levels up the daily grind will get easier , with so much tec about

I imagine some of it will become automated and at the very least it will become a trivial task and less of an endless grind just

to survive.

Edited by Waltish

Will be playing No Man's Sky later tonight when it's released on PC.

I expect to be let down after paying 80bux for it.

I just put on Diablo 3 for the first time since forever. The last time I played there was still a marketplace. The certainly fixed the shit out of that game. It's like a whole other game now. I love it.

Once I press Post on this post, I'm starting Fallout 1.5

(google: Fallout Resurrection).

Requires Fallout 2 installed.

Massively awesome reviews. (If you prefer CRPG as opposed to Bethesda's Sandbox style).

AD

• Like 1

Once I press Post on this post, I'm starting Fallout 1.5

(google: Fallout Resurrection).

Requires Fallout 2 installed.

Massively awesome reviews. (If you prefer CRPG as opposed to Bethesda's Sandbox style).

AD

I'm going to have to check this out. Thanks for the heads up on this.

More No Man's Sky. I'm probably gonna play this for as long as I have the disc in the drive, I probably wouldn't play it after I take it out.

Yesterday, I spent all afternoon and evening mining "Emeril" and selling it. The planet was a wasteland, only a handful of creatures, but enough plants to sustain my mining beam and plutonium to get me around.

As I hopped around, finding large outcrops of Emirl I also took every Exosuit slot upgrade I could find. I eventually saved up enough Units to buy a 22-slot ship (U900,000)

I also seem to have chosen the path to Atlas, rather than following the Free Roam story.

I have also run into another player/explorer who is either following me, or just very persistent, discovering things on my planets and in my systems.

More No Man's Sky. I'm probably gonna play this for as long as I have the disc in the drive, I probably wouldn't play it after I take it out.

Yesterday, I spent all afternoon and evening mining "Emeril" and selling it. The planet was a wasteland, only a handful of creatures, but enough plants to sustain my mining beam and plutonium to get me around.

As I hopped around, finding large outcrops of Emirl I also took every Exosuit slot upgrade I could find. I eventually saved up enough Units to buy a 22-slot ship (U900,000)

I also seem to have chosen the path to Atlas, rather than following the Free Roam story.

I have also run into another player/explorer who is either following me, or just very persistent, discovering things on my planets and in my systems.

You can see other players O_o

it doesn't seem like you can, but your records are stored in the main database, and as I "discovered" the system, then someone must have come in after me and started "finding" things.

I mean, when you "analyse" an item (Animal, Vegetable, Mineral) it will tell you if you or someone else has already discovered it. If no-one has discovered it, you become the discoverer.

I got a bit bored in the end, I just started giving things silly names, and one system, I gave everything the same name.

I decided to Play Dragons Age again but this time with the DLC.

Rolled an Elf Mage Lesbian ( gonna crack onto Sera ) .

Its a great Game and for some reason I am more into it, than the first time around.

Edited by Waltish

I decided to Play Dragons Age again but this time with the DLC.

Rolled an Elf Mage Lesbian ( gonna crack onto Sera ) .

Its a great Game and for some reason I am more into it, than the first time around.

perhaps because you had the DLC?

it doesn't seem like you can, but your records are stored in the main database, and as I "discovered" the system, then someone must have come in after me and started "finding" things.

I mean, when you "analyse" an item (Animal, Vegetable, Mineral) it will tell you if you or someone else has already discovered it. If no-one has discovered it, you become the discoverer.

I got a bit bored in the end, I just started giving things silly names, and one system, I gave everything the same name.

and I was referencing two players that made gaming news by finding each other in no man's sky and then where disappointed that they couldn't find "see" each other :P

• Like 1

Fallout 1.5 (Resurrection). OMG. Much Wow. Much Nostalgia.

It's... It's what Fallout 3 should have been..

It's unforgiving. It's brutal. A god-damn molerat right at the beginning when you are level 1 and only armed with a machete and a zip-gun (Single shot). Having to choose between moving to reduce the number attacks against you, reloading, or standing still for that AC increase (and get 2 hits against you in the case of the latter 2 options). Do you go all out for that burst of damage with the machete (and hope you hit) to take him down when you're at 8hp? or do you hedge your bets? 1 big hit can kill you so 2 attempts to hit are an option. OR 1 hit and run to have 1 hit, hope for a low damage hit then get 2 more hit chances..

THIS is strategy gaming. Do or die.

I'm still exploring around first village. I've got a clue of where things are at, but I have to *solve it* (OMG. Solving puzzles). And a Large RadScorpion (not regular. Kinda miniboss) guarding the end of a small mini-quest..

This is an *amazing mod*! If you have played FO1 and FO2, get this damn mod: http://resurrection.cz/en/ (MUST HAVE FALLOUT 2 INSTALLED! GOG/Steam install supported)

AD

• Like 1

Fallout 1.5 (Resurrection). OMG. Much Wow. Much Nostalgia.

It's... It's what Fallout 3 should have been..

It's unforgiving. It's brutal. A god-damn molerat right at the beginning when you are level 1 and only armed with a machete and a zip-gun (Single shot). Having to choose between moving to reduce the number attacks against you, reloading, or standing still for that AC increase (and get 2 hits against you in the case of the latter 2 options). Do you go all out for that burst of damage with the machete (and hope you hit) to take him down when you're at 8hp? or do you hedge your bets? 1 big hit can kill you so 2 attempts to hit are an option. OR 1 hit and run to have 1 hit, hope for a low damage hit then get 2 more hit chances..

THIS is strategy gaming. Do or die.

I'm still exploring around first village. I've got a clue of where things are at, but I have to *solve it* (OMG. Solving puzzles). And a Large RadScorpion (not regular. Kinda miniboss) guarding the end of a small mini-quest..

This is an *amazing mod*! If you have played FO1 and FO2, get this damn mod: http://resurrection.cz/en/ (MUST HAVE FALLOUT 2 INSTALLED! GOG/Steam install supported)

AD

how does one get fallout 2? I really like this idea :D

Steam or GoG...

Good Ol Games is cheapest place at moment.

Check on steam too..

Fallout as a "Boxed set" often goes on sale. (Fallout 1, 2 and Fallout Tactics). I got the boxed set from GOG for about $20 (Aus).

Otherwise, not on sale = $14 or so. (With Fallout 4 released recently the price has been jacked up)

Otherwise, ask your dad. He might be the kind of person that has it.

Be aware that this is turnbased strategy. Combat is "Your turn" "my turn" type stuff. You get Action Points (AP). Firing a gun is 4AP. Moving 1 hex is 1 AP. Reloading is 3AP. Stabbing with a knife is 3AP. Depending on your agility (max 10) you get x AP. So you may get to shoot and reload and have 1 AP left over (assume 8 Agility). You can move 1 hex, or you can 'stand still and defend'. Your AC (Armour Class) goes up 1 point. (It's like you're prepping for an attack and have a better chance of defending yourself. More AP = More AC bonus).

1 combat can last a few minutes. Especially really complex combat.

Also. Save often. Expect to die A LOT! I mean LOTS! This game is without mercy. Random encounter in the wilderness? You just found a hostile army of mutants. You *might* succeed in running away, but more likely Game over dude. This is at level 1 character.

AD

Good Ol Games is cheapest place at moment.

Check on steam too..

Fallout as a "Boxed set" often goes on sale. (Fallout 1, 2 and Fallout Tactics). I got the boxed set from GOG for about $20 (Aus).

Otherwise, not on sale = $14 or so. (With Fallout 4 released recently the price has been jacked up)

Otherwise, ask your dad. He might be the kind of person that has it.

Be aware that this is turnbased strategy. Combat is "Your turn" "my turn" type stuff. You get Action Points (AP). Firing a gun is 4AP. Moving 1 hex is 1 AP. Reloading is 3AP. Stabbing with a knife is 3AP. Depending on your agility (max 10) you get x AP. So you may get to shoot and reload and have 1 AP left over (assume 8 Agility). You can move 1 hex, or you can 'stand still and defend'. Your AC (Armour Class) goes up 1 point. (It's like you're prepping for an attack and have a better chance of defending yourself. More AP = More AC bonus).

1 combat can last a few minutes. Especially really complex combat.

Also. Save often. Expect to die A LOT! I mean LOTS! This game is without mercy. Random encounter in the wilderness? You just found a hostile army of mutants. You *might* succeed in running away, but more likely Game over dude. This is at level 1 character.

AD

Yeah turn-based combat is something I get in NEO Scavenger on steam, such a good game :D and I play FTL, which is also a relentless game that can fuck you over on a whim, as well as things like Hacknet and Rogue (which are amazing games :D), but yeah, the harder the game is, the more fun I have :P

Steam or GoG...

It was more of a question of is it free or paid, but yeah I do realise I worded the question wrongly