TheMojorising

What are you playing at the moment?

The TShirt was a tad small , I gave it to Evelyn.

I read the mag for a few issues before I joined, dial up in Port Douglass and surrounds was bad we didn't have a proper number

so had to dial in and pay long distance rates for as long as we were on,

Was several issues in before I got an isp that had a local call dial in number, which at 19cents per connection unmetered

made it possible to stay on line for more than a few minutes, that's when I signed up,

First time I tried to remove my cpu I cracked one of the corners getting the heat sink off, so instead of replacing

the Duron I opted for a rebuild, with a lot of helpful advice from the mag.

that machine eventually got a Radeon 9700 pro.

Emagica atomic boom mp3 ; I looked everywhere cant find it

Edited by Waltish

I pulled myself away from Diablo 3 to have a go of the new Deus Ex. It's good. Nothing groundbreaking, but good. It's basically Deus Ex: Human Revolution, only shinier.

I pulled myself away from Diablo 3 to have a go of the new Deus Ex. It's good. Nothing groundbreaking, but good. It's basically Deus Ex: Human Revolution, only shinier.

And with microtransactions. :p

Edited by Cybes

Just finished Deus Ex: Mankind Divided. It was a great time. I played from 10 am yesterday to 4 this morning with no breaks, so that's a good indication of quality I feel. Took 40 hours, and that's opening every draw, cupboard, gun safe, etc, looking for loot, and searching every nook and cranny the map had and doing every side mission and point of interest mission. I also played most of the game in stealth and without killing anyone, takes much longer that way. I estimate that if I didn't spend so much time looking for loot and then selling what I didn't need, I'd have been done in about 20 hours, 10 if I went the combat route. So not a huge game, especially for an RPG.

I'd have been done in about 20 hours, 10 if I went the combat route. So not a huge game, especially for an RPG.

You could say the same about Skyrim, you don't have to do the side quests or go discovering locations or level tank ect. but you do because it makes the game more fun :P

I'd have been done in about 20 hours, 10 if I went the combat route. So not a huge game, especially for an RPG.

You could say the same about Skyrim, you don't have to do the side quests or go discovering locations or level tank ect. but you do because it makes the game more fun :P

Except that he just said he did everything , and it was still short. Do everything in Skyrim, and you don't get out in under 500 hours.

Except that he just said he did everything , and it was still short. Do everything in Skyrim, and you don't get out in under 500 hours.

Do everything and it's more like 1000, but yeah you make a fair point. I was referencing though that if you just do the main quest line I find I do it in about 4-5 hours

Just got Deus Ex a couple days ago. Was a bit non-plussed about it at first mainly because I thought they've mostly not lived up to what the first one was. But, I'm rather enjoying it for now.

Evochron Mercenary. The fact that it was written by *one* guy is frankly unbelievable. OK, it's lacking a little polish here and there, but I've seen worse efforts from major publishers.

I have been playing Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor lately and I am thoroughly enjoying it.

Just under emulation, sadly... Centaur.

Pinball from 1981, so early in the solid-state era. Not much fancy stuff, no elevated ramps or complex features though 5 ball multiball is possible. Voice synth and some pretty good sound effects.

I'm playing it on Android tab as part of Pinball Aracade, which is also available on PC. As it happens this table has also been covered in Visual Pinball and Future Pinball.

Best score from me so far - 4.377 million.

Video of a real machine in action:

Edited by Rybags

Took a moment away from Evochron to fire up some old memory neurons with a Baldur's Gate session. That did not go as planned. BGEE has just eaten up 3 days straight, and shows no sign of even slowing down, let alone stopping, so...I might just finish that. Again.

Oh, look..! GOG has BG2EE as well! And Icewind Dale. Aannd IWD2.

And Planescape got some love as well, though not a full rebuild like ^those.

Well, fuck. Looks like I might be forced to relive the 90s for a while. Oh. The horror.

Well, fuck. Looks like I might be forced to relive the 90s for a while. Oh. The horror.

you're gonna have to deal with the Howard government again? well I mean it can't be much worse than the Abbot government

you're gonna have to deal with the Howard government again? well I mean it can't be much worse than the Abbot government

Yeah, well... Joking aside, I was at uni or in hospital for a good chunk of the first half of the 90s - what I got to experience of Howard was pretty bland, for the most part. Keating, otoh... I was in a small business which went to the wall under him.

Yeah, well... Joking aside, I was at uni or in hospital for a good chunk of the first half of the 90s - what I got to experience of Howard was pretty bland, for the most part. Keating, otoh... I was in a small business which went to the wall under him.

well, that's not good now is it?

Took a moment away from Evochron to fire up some old memory neurons with a Baldur's Gate session. That did not go as planned. BGEE has just eaten up 3 days straight, and shows no sign of even slowing down, let alone stopping, so...I might just finish that. Again.

Oh, look..! GOG has BG2EE as well! And Icewind Dale. Aannd IWD2.

And Planescape got some love as well, though not a full rebuild like ^those.

You part of the Torment: Tides of Numenara kickstarter? (Planescape 2) :P About another year til it comes out.

AD

You part of the Torment: Tides of Numenara kickstarter? (Planescape 2) :P About another year til it comes out.

AD

Aware of it, but not a backer. I was keen when it first surfaced, but couldn't swing it at the time. Kinda lost track of it since.

The Forest.

Good game with whats there at the moment and a hell of a lot of potential.

The Forest.

Good game with whats there at the moment and a hell of a lot of potential.

potential isn't what matters, it's what they do with it, (hint hint no man's sky)

7 Days to Die on PS4, I'm also considering buying it on Steam so I can play with my Bro.

7 Days to Die is still in Early Access on Steam, but they only charge US$25 for it.

My Bro played some No Man's Sky, I thought he was crazy, but nope, he torrented it.

7 Days to Die on PS4, I'm also considering buying it on Steam so I can play with my Bro.

7 Days to Die is still in Early Access on Steam, but they only charge US$25 for it.

My Bro played some No Man's Sky, I thought he was crazy, but nope, he torrented it.

if you end up getting it on steam, lemme know if you wanna play, i'm open for a revamp to it as I normally play solo and have done almost everything :p

Just to get a handle on the game mechanics, I turned Zombie spawning off, which turned it into a wilderness survival game. Still had to fight off the bears though, they are ferocious. They clip into the walls and doors, so you can get in a few hits before they break them down.

In a little while, I'll try setting the difficulty to Nightmare and see how long I last.

Just to get a handle on the game mechanics, I turned Zombie spawning off, which turned it into a wilderness survival game. Still had to fight off the bears though, they are ferocious. They clip into the walls and doors, so you can get in a few hits before they break them down.

In a little while, I'll try setting the difficulty to Nightmare and see how long I last.

you can't just set it to nightmare, you need to make zombie spawning highest, make them run 24/7, turn their senses to feral, and then make the block damage 200%, that last one you'll break shit faster, but so will they ;)