TheMojorising

What are you playing at the moment?

Started on Crysis 2. I played the beta all those years ago and sort of lost interest.

What annoys the crap out of me is the fact I was a spectator for most of the first 10 minutes or so of the game.

Fair enough if they must insist on stupid long intros, but FFS, at least let us skip the fucking things.

Since the bf1 beta ended, been playing BF3 again.

And I'm currently downloading The Crew, It's free on U-Play if anyone is interested. Heard bad reviews about it, so I didn't feel like buying it, now it's free, so why not?

Picked up Titan Quest Anniversary Edition on sale the other day even though I still have the original disks for TQ and IM.

Love it when it first came and out and loving it again now. I was even able to insert an old save game without a problem which was a bonus!

Im playing the unchartered collection on ps4, first time playing it a few days ago and im enjoying it a lot, trying to get all the trophies.

I noticed it was like Goldeneye on the n64 where you could unlock rewards like infinit ammo and slow motion,it will proberly keep me playing.

Edited by elrad

Since I cant get a stable download speed to save my life atm, I'm back on some single player indies. Don't Starve, Downwell and FTL.

Since I cant get a stable download speed to save my life atm, I'm back on some single player indies. Don't Starve, Downwell and FTL.

If you're an FTL fan, you might like to check out https://www.gog.com/game/space_rogue

I'll have a look, but I'm trying to save money, or rather not spend any more than I have too, so maybe one day but not today.

I'll have a look, but I'm trying to save money, or rather not spend any more than I have too, so maybe one day but not today.

It's very similar, but with better graphics. There's a questline, though very simple. Overall length is shorter, but there's more scope to have a different game each time.

Can't play Forza, aint got a Xbone. :(

I picked up XCOM 2 (PS4) to check it out, I've killed half my recruits already.

Probably need to start a new game once I've figured out how to play it.

Also picked up Worms WMD (PS4)

Can't play Forza, aint got a Xbone. :(

It's on PC, but you have to buy it digitally through the Microsoft Store, the disk version is XB1 only.

the xbone version also comes with a PC version (digitally as you say)

Actually, if you buy the digital version, it's available on both platforms, but not the other way around.

Edited by smadge1

My Launch window PS4 died, it had developed turn itself off and on disease, and one of those times it switched off it bricked, so I am doing Oblivion and Mass Effect on PS3 , tbh I am a bit weary of them, I have replayed them many many times, did get an $8.00 S/H copy of UT III its okay for a bit of fun but there is not a lot of meat there.

Next pay I will look for some bargains on the PS3 store maybe some good stuff I missed might have dropped in price.

Edited by Waltish

Mafia 3. Jesus Christ what a bag of shit port from console. Horrible frame rates on a pretty decent rig, even after the 1.2GB upgrade. I can't even get 60FPS with all the settings turned down low. I can get better frame rates on The Witcher 3 with almost everything turned up. Shit graphics, with blurry, muddy, ugly textures and bad lighting. Upscaled resolutions that look terrible. Bare bones options menu. Ultrawide resolutions aren't properly done, so all the menus and cut scenes are cropped.

Even if this was an incredible port it would be a so so game, barely above average at best. As it is, though, it's a complete waste of time and money. I only wish I hadn't purchased a hard copy, otherwise it would have been returned to Steam after the first hour. Really disappointing. It's the worst Mafia game to date, and with the exception of No Mans Sky, the worst port of the year.

Edited by disolusiond

I saw it on PS4... looked impressive graphically with no apparent slowdown. Gameplay, NFI - but the idea of using a joystick for an FPS and the aim assist that goes with is part reason I don't bother with modern consoles.

Between a 3yo laptop, and a dearth of stuff I want to play that will actually work on this thing, I've been hitting the retros pretty hard. Replaying Torchlight atm. I'd forgotten what mindless fun it was.

I saw it on PS4... looked impressive graphically with no apparent slowdown. Gameplay, NFI - but the idea of using a joystick for an FPS and the aim assist that goes with is part reason I don't bother with modern consoles.

If you've seen it on the PS4 then you've seen it on PC. I disagree that it looks impressive, maybe for console but it looks like crap on PC.

I only just realised recently that GTA V Online (on PS4 at least) has a setting where you can join lobbies with or without Aim Assist, I only found this out because I spent hours trying to figure out why a friend couldn't join a game that I invited them to. The "Aim Assist" setting was mismatched. Woulda been nice to have a prompt that says "Do you want to change this setting, or cancel?"

three of us have been working on this for a few days now sections have been scraped and restarted till were happy with it and more may yet be scraped

with 4 large hydrogen thrusters its able to lift off at this stage time will tell if it needs more when complete

20161016184341_1_zpsiauu4jim.jpg

20161016184352_1_zpsyuysuo2f.jpg

20161016184404_1_zpspbgyro0e.jpg
20161016184414_1_zpsyenien8l.jpg

...with 4 large hydrogen thrusters its able to lift off at this stage time will tell if it needs more when complete

Either completed armour blocks are a LOT heavier than I think they are, or something is very seriously amiss with thrusters in that game (last time I played it, anyway). Ended up with my last cruiser needing 17,000 large H2 thrusters! Frog. Shit. I could move the fucking planet with that sort of thrust.

lol does sound like a bug or fuel problem

you use heavy armor blocks?

• Like 1

Nah, was light all over at the time. Once that happened, I decided it was never going down a well, and plated the outside in heavy instead.

Playing Civ VI, Spain gifted me some builders by declaring war on me (playing as Aztec, unique military unit converts enemies slain into builders, given the nuisance value of barbarians it's a shame they don't count for that perk).

I was just defeated in under 40 turns by England in Civ VI, and only on prince difficulty. Sneaky fuckers.

Edited by disolusiond