TheMojorising

What are you playing at the moment?

Ended up getting a steam link, so I can play Steam games on my TV with a PS4 controller

Controller mapping is a bit of a nuisance however. Like, the mapping software can map just about anything, but it can get quite tedious working out what functions you want on what buttons and setting the sensitivity of every thing.

im hooked on nwn again...

Easy game to do that with, imho. That looks like a fun setting.

https://www.gog.com/game/system_shock_demo

After two decades, Nightdive Studios is rebooting and re-imagining the original System Shock.

We will keep the new game true to the classic experience, keeping all the things you loved while giving today's gamers the modern look and feel expected from a AAA title.

This Pre-Alpha Demo will give you a brief preview of the game.

"...I’ve long said that if you updated the graphics, sound and UI on System Shock you’d have something that competes directly with any game on the market today. Now the Nightdive folks are doing that update and I’m confident my prediction will be validated. SHODAN demands that you support this so we can all find out.” --Warren Spector, OtherSide Entertainment. Producer on the original System Shock.

---------

very short, but...pre-alpha. looks okay. the aesthetic is not exactly how i would imagine an updated version. but if the feel is right, it could be great.

"...I’ve long said that if you updated the graphics, sound and UI on System Shock you’d have something that competes directly with any game on the market today..."

I've long said that about quite a few games - and several of them have been ones that turned out to be a sequel, but should have been the original game with new graphics. Nice to see someone actually trying that for once, rather than f-ing it up with 'improvements'.

I bought the latest Hitman game a few days ago and just completed a first run through, 16 hours and thoroughly enjoyed it. Prior to that I finished both Watch Dogs 2 and Far Cry Primal with several tens of hours each but for me they don't hold a candle to Hitman. While I'm not keen on the wait between episodes I'd be be quite happy if they just kept cranking out episodes provided they maintain the current quality levels.

The new Zelda on the Switch. DOOM, Darkest Dungeon and Rise of the Tomb Raider on PC. ROTTR is smashing my GPUs. Cant even pull 60fps in a lot of places.

I've started playing Horizon: Zero Dawn. It's fricken amazing. Highly recommended game!

I can't wait to get into it, but at this stage, I'm watching a few eps of Doctor Who in the evenings, and working all weekend, so I have little time.

Just on an Infinifactory kick atm. Bang on par for all answers so far. Yay me.

Loaded up No Man's Sky again, just to check out the new base building. Might keep me occupied for a few weeks, until it starts to bore me again.

Finished Resident Evil 7 a couple weeks ago. Enjoyed it. I only got into RE from about 4 or 5 onwards. 7 apparently goes back to RE's original game play/story style roots.

If the room wasn't thick with blood or some disgusting substance, it was definitely thick with the suspense of a horror game/movie. Good franchise, and game.

I'm now well into Mass Effect Andromeda. I'm not so critical about games I just sit back and enjoy them for what they are. So all the complaints about mostly minor things I don't understand, or care to. Been having a blast with (in!) Andromeda. Going to keep me entertained for a good while longer yet I suspect.

Going the tech powers route. Little turret, fireballs and shield steal for combo trigger is fun.

On the trail of the big baddie. But first I need to explore every inch of this planet and do every single side mission I find lol

I'm now well into Mass Effect Andromeda. I'm not so critical about games I just sit back and enjoy them for what they are. So all the complaints about mostly minor things I don't understand, or care to.

Haven't bought or played it, but i have seen videos; what seems to piss most people off is hideous animation and stupidly bad dialogue - and that stuff is readily apparent even to me on watching. Not to mention the change of colour pallette on day 1 from realistic to "I fell in a box of crayons".

...Mass Effect Andromeda...

...hideous animation and stupidly bad dialogue...

Just further to the animation point: A game animator has some input on the issue:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0qvvmVpS3AA

That bit in the closing lines about "an animation system that distracts from the conversation rather than adding to it" is the main agro focus.

O. M. G.

Finally got to start playing Horizon Zero Dawn, and wished I had a week off work!

C-u3gDwUMAA6tAQ.jpg

Just started playing Prey. After After an extended period in the worlds of Farcry Primal, Watch Dogs 2 and Ghost Recon Wildlands, an environment made up mostly of large flat shiny surfaces and comparatively little detail/dirt (so far anyway) looks rather bland and boring. The bottom rung enemy creature is rather a nuisance too, more like a rock in the PC's shoe than a worthwhile and interesting part of the game, a constant health/ammo drain in an environment where both are probably very limited (haven't gotten very far so I'm not sure how ammo/health will pan out).

Time Pilot comes to the Atari 8-bit computers at last. In 160x240 glory.

I used to play this a fair bit around 1983-5. Good to see the homebrew community still filling in missing gaps in game catalogs.

Recently unveiled (WIP) at the WAPNIAK 2017 event in Poland. If you want to try in emulation it can be found as part of the package downloadable from http://atarionline.pl/demoscena/cp/WAP-niak%202017/WAPNIAK%202017.ZIP

Time Pilot

...Pretty sure that's been available as a MAME catalogue item for a While. Will check when not on phone.

I'm playing League of Legends and Dungeons2 at the moment for online game.
Off line games are: Path of Diablo ( Path of Exile mod)
these 3 are pretty fun xD

Had a rapid churn through Solus Project, Zigfrak, Istrolid, Spaceship Corporation, and DX:HR (again) the last 6 weeks or so. This week has been on Skyrim SE... Looks nice, runs smoother - but they've managed to break every mod that fixed its stupid behaviours. Now that I've been reinfected with that damn bug, I've put the other one back and am about to mod the bejeesus out of it again.

I wonder if I can refrain from putting another 1300 hours into it. Like, just 1000 maybe ;p