TheMojorising

What are you playing at the moment?

Playing bejeezus out of Planet Nomads atm. It has...Issues. But it's a lot of fun for those who like the survive/build/explore thing.

Have you played 7 Days to Die?

Heard good things about No Man's Sky update, just got a copy, downloaded and played an hr. Still trying to get the hang of it but seems ok so far.

Nope - don't know anything about it, save that the name seems vaguely familiar.

/lookup

Ah. Horror/FPS/RPG according to the Steam Store write-up. Maybe, but mostly that really seem like my bag, tbh.

Edited by Cybes

Will be reinstalling when alpha 17 comes out.

Edited by Dasa

I love 7 days! Sunk way too many hours into it on both PC and PS4 and haven't even scratched the surface.

Just started playing Horizon Zero Dawn on PS4, so far really liking it.

The Xbox is pretty much a Fortnite machine at the moment, need to get back to Resident Evil 7.

PC has been quite for a while but do jump on occasionally for some Battlefield 1.

On the Switch have Donkey Kong, such a challenging game!

My pile of shame is growing so big I have had to limit myself to only buying big games a year after release for single player but Battlefield is always a day 1 purchase.

Camping on the weekend (well, caravan park).

I think this must be the first real pinball I've played in about 10 years.  Ripley's Believe it or Not.
2 bucks a game - not real impressed but I suppose that's the norm these days?  Though I managed 3 or 4 extra games all but one by way of score special.

Next thing you know - I had a feeling so fired up Pinball Arcade on my laptop and yep, this game is part of it.  The emulated version has the same annoyingly weak ball launch of the real thing.
Though not the sloppy flippers and overall worn feel of the real one - though it is a 15 year old game now.

Playing hell out of No Man's Sky atm.  I *hated* it from release until this last VISION update, but now... Fun, and doesn't make my eyes bleed.  Still has some super-annoying quirks (can't change weapons in armistice zone, so you *have* to go back into the fray with a weapon with no ammo; can't fly and use the radio at the same time) and a couple of bugged missions, but otherwise a neat diversion.

Oh... Online MP play is a thing now, but just don't.  OK with friends, but not the world.  The game saves are stored locally,  there's a working save editor, and there's zero cheat detection.

Just finished the first part of The Talos Principle. Starting on the next part. Nice puzzler. Not as fun as portal as it takes itself a bit more seriously but there's a fair bit of content. I don't know that I'll play it a second time. It would be great with co-op levels like Portal 2.

I caved, and bought the 'History edition' of Settlers 1 and 2.

2 hours ago, Nich... said:

I caved, and bought the 'History edition' of Settlers 1 and 2.

I remember playing a lot of that with a mate from Uni. You could plug two mice in at once and play against each other on the same box.

I wonder if that's still possible with the rebuilds?

--

Just finished another playthrough of Vampire Bloodlines (inspired by the news of a sequel after 15 years). Still great fun, but even with the modern refits the graphics are pretty woeful.

Currently just started on Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire.

I think the version sold via ubi's store allows it - unsure if two mice, or player2 has to use keyboard or joypad.

Settlers 1 has a nice addition where you can speed the game up.  Settlers 2 has a slight built-in version but it's really slow compared to the max speed in the first game :<

Oh well.  That's enough game for this month.

60 odd games waiting in my Steam list to be played but I'm playing Mirrors Edge again... 

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, fliptopia said:

60 odd games waiting in my Steam list to be played but I'm playing Mirrors Edge again... 

LOL!  I know the feeling.

Actually, I've had Mirror's Edge in my list for well over a year and still haven't got to it!

27 minutes ago, Cybes said:

LOL!  I know the feeling.

Actually, I've had Mirror's Edge in my list for well over a year and still haven't got to it!

I haven't found anything else that quite gives me that feeling. It's tricky but rewarding and free running feels really liberating at the same time for me. Also it takes all my concentration so I can shut off everything in my head for a while. 

Put 56 hours into this game in the last few weeks

On 4/1/2019 at 6:22 PM, Dasa said:

Put 56 hours into this game in the last few weeks

Looks interesting. Is it full of moral choices like the child labour stuff or more survival city building?

Posted (edited)

Mostly survival city building\management but there is different skill trees to take with moral choices and there is a few other random decisions to make along the way, a nice balance to keep it interesting.

The choices don't matter much on normal difficulty but some hard choices become essential for (the greater good) at harder difficulty settings.

Edited by Dasa

Posted (edited)

Launched Rage 1 yesterday for the first time, I dunno about the gunplay, but the graphics really had me.

Edited by Cheveluredefeu