TheMojorising

What are you playing at the moment?

I'm about 3hrs in. Awesome game so far.

I didn't like uncharted, as I thought the way weapons fired was weak and frustrated me, but in this game there fantastic.

Same here, several hours in and really digging it, combat is much more enjoyable than Uncharted, although my aiming with thumbsticks still sucks.

I'm giving Space Marine's campaign another run. Man is it bloody good fun stomping around shooting bolters at things. I wish there was a simple endless challenge mode where you fight til you die, a la CoD Zombies.

Same here, several hours in and really digging it, combat is much more enjoyable than Uncharted, although my aiming with thumbsticks still sucks.

Yeah my aiming with controllers is shocking.

Slow, clumsy, etc.

Doesn't help the crosshair waves around slowly (probably trying to show your character isn't trained in weapons?).

Makes trying to use guns (for me), far less effective.

It also annoys me that shooting someone in a limb doesn't disable that limb.

Shooting people in the leg makes them stumble for a sec, then they're back up and running like normal to a hiding place. Yawn.

It'd fit better with the brutal combat if you could do things like that... the lack of such features makes the gunplay feel quite similar to Uncharted.

:/

Edited by Ezkaton

I'm the same with a joypad. My aiming is so slow.

I ended up putting on auto lock on. It doesn't take anything away from the game for me.

Its very similar to the red dead auto aim, where it aims around the torso and you have to raise it slightly for a head shot.

Unless it's a clicker, then just leg it instead. :)

Edited by sonofjorel88

Will have to give Neverwinter a go. Sounds good.

However, I'm going to try and keep my focus on Baldurs Gate (As per my thread). I'll have time to play it today. That'll be nice. :P Busy being a dad the last few nights. Much more fun. :P

AD

I am looking forward to play Plants and Zombies 2, somehow I am interested. Though at this moment, I play any games which will comes in my mind especially online flash games which are usually for free, regarding with Lan games, I go with warcraft and Final fantasy.

I am looking forward to play Plants and Zombies 2, somehow I am interested. Though at this moment, I play any games which will comes in my mind especially online flash games which are usually for free, regarding with Lan games, I go with warcraft and Final fantasy.

As far as I know, PvZ2 is iPod/Pad/Phone only, so I won't be playing, unfortunately.

As far as I know, PvZ2 is iPod/Pad/Phone only, so I won't be playing, unfortunately.

They also fired the original creator of the game soon after announcing number 2.

It's also going to be 'free' which might mean IAP

Finished The last of Us yesterday afternoon.

Left me with mixed feelings. I ended up having to drop down the dif to easy to use autoaim in the end, as there are a few wave attacks it throws at you later in the game where you essentially have to be able to shoot properly, kept failing it on normal, dropped to easy and got it done first go.

As far as the game itself goes, it was one hell of a journey, I really loved how the relationship between Ellie and Joel developed over the course of the game, but can't help but feel a little disappointed at how little of their bonding was actually shown. Gameplay, I still preferred it over Uncharted, simply because you had choices of how to get through an area, rather than fighting waves of enemies for a few minutes who all magically know where you are.

The A.I wasn't as polished as I expected however, I often saw people walking into doors/walls etc. who I could then easily go and take out. The friendly AI started to piss me off after a while, there are a few sections of the game where its just you and Ellie and its great, but they throw in several sections of gameplay where its you, ellie and someone else and the 3rd wheel generally got me spotted by shooting at enemies when he shouldn't be. I also felt like the horse riding sections were a bit pointless, It was a hassle to get off the horse every 10 seconds to check buildings and stuff out that you come across, so I didn't explore those sections as much as I could have.

I can understand that this game should earn great review scores, but the perfect scores some publications are giving it are misleading.

Borderlands2

And Borderlands 2 and Borderlands 2 etc

Now I just spend 20 minutes making outlandish weapons, strange shields and impossible 'nade mods in Gibbed, log on, crank Cheat Engine up and go crazy weirding out anyone who joins me with double speed and jumps that take you from one end of the map to the other. Get bored dump all the wierd stuff on the ground and let others have it. Repeat the next day.

However once you have made a launcher that can one shot all the raid bosses or that regenerates rockets (haven't been able to combine these two things just yet), well the word "challenge" no longer really describes the game experience.

The Witcher 2, first play-through (finally), getting ready for Wild Hunt.

And Kerbal Space Program.

Make sure to download and install this:

http://games.on.net/2013/06/cd-projekt-red...ial-combat-mod/

It was a hassle to get off the horse every 10 seconds to check buildings and stuff out that you come across, so I didn't explore those sections as much as I could have.

I think I just got off and went walking around, leaving the horse behind.

I'm sure at one point (or more) Ellie just rode it and kinda half followed me or just hung around while I did my thing.

As for the topic, just completed The Last Of Us a couple days ago, and started up my second playthrough today.

Not NG+, but a fresh game on survivor difficulty.

Shit is getting real.

No listen feature, scarce loot to create items, no button prompts in combat, maybe more damage dealt to you and better enemy accuracy... but I haven't gotten far enough to be sure yet.

I did notice on normal difficulty I had some enemy running at me while shooting and the occasional shot would hit at their feet, or nearby, and once even behind the shooter... all while he was pointing his gun directly at me.

Very odd.

Edited by Ezkaton

Game disconnected: Something went wrong

Good stuff. Battlefield 3 is by far the most amount of work, time and annoyance I've had to endure to play a game, and even then it fucks up on the regular. I'll be avoiding Battlefield 4 and just not bothering in future.

Make sure to download and install this:

http://games.on.net/2013/06/cd-projekt-red...ial-combat-mod/

I did read about that yesterday actually, but didn't think it was released yet, thanks for the link. Hopefully it doesn't reset any of my saves or anything. Best change is the 5 second reduction in combat dropping time after finishing a fight. I hate standing around waiting for combat to drop so I can loot.

Also the strafe while locked on is awesome.

Been playing neverwinter: D&D since yesterday.

Am loving it. It's pretty damn awesome.

-X

Yeah its good hey, what class did you pick?

I got a theif named "turdburglar". I like how they switched up the classes and made it different to how the normal MMO's work. I like how the theif can go invis mid fight and continue fighting whilst invisable confusing the enemy. The dodging mechanic is good too, actually feel a sence of acomplishment when you take down a bunch of dudes or a boss.

I havent run any big group dungeons or anything yet but plan to

Mass Effect series again for recording gameplay. ATM, burning through Mass Effect 3.

Neverwinter appears to run on my laptop hurrah!

What shard is everyone on?

Mindflayer or something, what class you gonna go?

Not really liking the WoT patch so have gone to playing Neverwinter online.

Neverwinter appears to run on my laptop hurrah!

What shard is everyone on?

I'm on MindFlayer.

Names: Skjaldborg the Red

Look me up Mojo.

Heh we all ran with Mindflayer

I'm a cleric by the name of Bjornn Brightfire - I am only level 9 thus far. (played for a couple of hours)

Rolled cleric as it is one of my favourite classes in Baldurs Gate unfortunately I come to find out its nothing like the well armoured hammer wielding melee character I've come to know and love.

But I must say I'm enjoying it. And the healing party members is a lot more entertaining than WoW. You actually play the game and do damage as opposed to stare at coloured bars moving up and down...

Heh we all ran with Mindflayer

I'm a cleric by the name of Bjornn Brightfire - I am only level 9 thus far. (played for a couple of hours)

Rolled cleric as it is one of my favourite classes in Baldurs Gate unfortunately I come to find out its nothing like the well armoured hammer wielding melee character I've come to know and love.

But I must say I'm enjoying it. And the healing party members is a lot more entertaining than WoW. You actually play the game and do damage as opposed to stare at coloured bars moving up and down...

yeah the fighting cleric is cool, i was kinda hoping they would wear heavy armor too but ah well. How does the Cleric go fighting solo against a bunch of mobs? 1 of my mates plays a cleric too and the both of us playing together really shred but she said that she was struggling a bit going solo and rolled a control mage instead. Which also shreds lol

I think im like level 15 or something. Was messing around with the PvP a little bit and that seems fun too. I was surprised to see not too big an emphisis on the micro transactions and stuff, they have really done well with this game i think

Been playing neverwinter: D&D since yesterday.

Am loving it. It's pretty damn awesome.

-X

Yeah its good hey, what class did you pick?

I got a theif named "turdburglar". I like how they switched up the classes and made it different to how the normal MMO's work. I like how the theif can go invis mid fight and continue fighting whilst invisable confusing the enemy. The dodging mechanic is good too, actually feel a sence of acomplishment when you take down a bunch of dudes or a boss.

I havent run any big group dungeons or anything yet but plan to

Yea thief as well. The whole dodge and throw daggers thing is pretty sick.

-X

Gnomoria. Way too much Gnomoria, while learning how the game works.