TheMojorising

What are you playing at the moment?

Back to the old school.

Pharaoh

Earthsiege 2

and have been playing CS 1.6 and realizing how much i suck at it now.

Holy shit, Earthsiege 2... that game was amazing in its day.

Got it free with a Compaq PC my Mum bought from Hardly Normal in the mid-late '90s for like 2k (total rip).

I think I still have a disc copy somewhere.

I played The Last of Us through to the end in a few days. It was good. The story was great, I hope they leave it where it is and don't make a sequel. The gameplay was ok, not great but ok.

I bought a few games at the EB sales to check out on my new tv. Playing Assassin's Creed 3 atm. It's a huge game. Dauntingly so. The amount of stuff to do is incredible. Also bought the Mass Effect box set (!,2 &3) and Infamous 2.

I played The Last of Us through to the end in a few days. It was good. The story was great, I hope they leave it where it is and don't make a sequel. The gameplay was ok, not great but ok.

I bought a few games at the EB sales to check out on my new tv. Playing Assassin's Creed 3 atm. It's a huge game. Dauntingly so. The amount of stuff to do is incredible. Also bought the Mass Effect box set (!,2 &3) and Infamous 2.

Thats where the AC series kind of came undone for me. It relies on you doing these side mission type things and challenges to unlock more story missions and it gets really overwhelming at times, sometimes you'll just want to advance the story, but instead you have to go exploring and do some other shit first. Red Faction Guerilla used the same style, but it worked better because of the style of game. Having said that, I think AC3 is the most enjoyable in the series, I played like 20 hours or so on Xbox 360, I have it on PC now which is completely broken, so never taken the time to finish it.

Also, I agree on the Last of Us, the story was great, gameplay wasn't groundbreaking, but it was fun and heaps better than the combat in uncharted.

I'm currently playing....Red Faction Guerilla, COH2 and thats about it atm, I have a backlog of games to play, but cbf with any of them atm :P

Been getting into ARMA 3 now that beta has rolled around.

Co-op Domination is fun when people aren't acting like dickheads... or when my game isn't crashing/freezing due to some PhysX problem with AMD cards.

Also, I agree on the Last of Us, the story was great, gameplay wasn't groundbreaking, but it was fun and heaps better than the combat in uncharted.

Agreed. Much better than Uncharted. I played on hard and never fired a shot in that game unless it was absolutely unavoidable. I found that much more enjoyably than the forced shooting combat of Uncharted. That said, it did get repetitive after a short time. It was the characters and the story that kept me playing.

I fucking loved the ending. It was perfect imo. In this day and age of the sequel I'm hoping against hope that Naughty Dog just leaves it alone and moves on to another game they can turn into their next franchise rather than "building" on this one. Seriously doubt that'll happen, but it'd be nice.

At least with a game like The Last Of Us, if they choose to go down the sequel route there's plenty of stories that could be told in the same universe using different people and different situations to any character in the current game.

Different areas of the world, even.

Back to the old school.

Pharaoh

Earthsiege 2

and have been playing CS 1.6 and realizing how much i suck at it now.

Yeah i think it was one of the few games my dad actually played with me when i was younger.

That along with Warcraft II and Tribes...

Prison architect alpha. This game is a fucking riot!

Many of these bugs have been fixed, but its still an alpha so there is game breaking wierdness ahoy. Fun though. Reminds me of theme hospital.

-X

Hmm. I might have to give that a look.

Cheers, Genesis!

Hmm. I might have to give that a look.

Cheers, Genesis!

I grabbed it a while back and its great fun. Not willing to put too much time into it, being that its an alpha, I don't want to be sick of it by the time it gets to full release. Price is probably a little bit much unless you can get it on special though.

Prison Architect looks cool but doesn't seem $30 worth to me. I've enjoyed watching gameplay videos of it by the likes of Robbaz and Unit Lost

I just started playing Kenshi and holy shit is it good/has the potential to be amazingly good. I'm currently about eight men strong, farming wheat to turn into bread and rum. Wow that sounds fun. I only have two guys that can actually fight worth a damn so I get stomped on by every band of bandits that walks on through. When I'm not trying to win a war of attrition through blood loss, they're just regular stone miners, helping me build a stockpile of bricks to build more advanced buildings. And probably the most important member of my gang, Jakku the researcher, who has done nothing but research the entire game and is constantly unlocking new things for me to build and upgrade.

Haven't done much exploration because it takes bloody ages. I might send a weaker guy along with a trade caravan and see what happens.

Civilizations 5... thought i'd actually play the God's & King's expansion before the next expansion release, in less than a week...

Happy 4th of July... to all the Will Smith fans out there... Bell-Air has never been the same.

oh wait, wtf? was that an accidental haiku?

The Sims 3. I have racked up over 110 hours in about 2 weeks.

Please shoot me.

*bang*

Nah, been there too, man. I finally got over my addiction when it glitched out, dropped 2 meteors on my family's house within 10 minutes of each other, and refused the previous save as 'corrupted'. On taking that to the EA boards it was basically received with "Wow - sucks to be you." Zero suggestions, zero sympathy, zero requests for logs.

Zero remaining install, either. :P

You can drop meteors in the sims 3? lol, does it ruin the house too? Maybe I should reinstall and try it :P

I had some fun with The Sims 3 a little while back, made my dude a gold digger, shagged old hotties and made them divorce their husbands to marry me, then id lock them in a room with no windows or doors and let them starve to death, for extra fun, you can also lock people in your backyard in winter and let them freeze to death :P Ended up inheriting around 350k worth of house and cash off the first lady I did it to :P That was after moving her ex-husband and son into my old crappy house.

Edited by NukeJockey

I've already bought two expansions. Pets and Seasons. Pets is ok, but my dog and cat were taken off me because I neglected them. Seasons is great because it makes the game more realistic and adds festivals etc.

The next one I want to get is late night, just for the feature of being able to hire a butler. I might also get some stuff packs.

I currently have my husband and wife working one day a week as astronauts and the rest of the week writing books. They have made 3 million so far. Then when they die off and their daughter takes over their squillions, I want to build a big mansion. After that I'll probably be sick of the game haha.

Kenshi is going well. My group is now about 12 people. All of them now have the combat abilities of basic bandits that commonly attack, and a few are at quite a high level of combat skill, capable of going toe to toe with badass Sand Ninjas, at least for a while. They are one of my main sources of income; beating up Sand Ninjas with $5000 dollar bounties and using my fastest guy to carry his bleeding ass over to the next town for the reward. They also have decent swords which now even my weakest of members possess.

I recently survived a pretty serious onslaught, two large bandit raids one after the other while my strongest guy legged it back to camp with a boss ninja in pursuit. I managed to beat them all with only a couple of my guys getting knocked out, but then three weaker ninjas attacked. I was beating them soundly when they decided to take off, and being ninjas, their running speed is crazy high so I didn't bother chasing. No idea how I didn't manage to damage any of their legs though.

I noticed about 15 minutes later a bunch of corpses in the distance. Upon closer inspection, I saw it was two dead ninjas in a sea of at least two dozen bandits, with one lone injured ninja standing proud atop the sand dunes. I could have charged and ran him into the dirt but I decided he earned that victory.

My research has been continuing, and I can now build pretty sweet Outpost buildings; big circular metal buildings used for defense. Unfortunately the game doesn't have working building defence mechanics which sucks. So they're only good for building stuff inside, such as my main source of income - bread and rum.

Bread weighs bugger all and is pretty quick to churn out. I have one of my guys lug about a hundred loaves to the nearby town every so often for a nice cash injection.

This game is going to be amazing in the coming years. It will be awesome to see all out war between factions, like the samurai guards outside towns that protect the citizens. Just one of those guys could solo my whole group and leave me to sink into the dust. And I can't wait for trading caravans to work properly so people actually come to my outpost to do business instead of glitchily walking through.

Anyway yeah, I'm having fun with this game. It's a good one to play music in the background to because they haven't made any sound for the game yet.

You can drop meteors in the sims 3? lol, does it ruin the house too? Maybe I should reinstall and try it :P

It does indeed wreck the house. Also garden, car, driveway...and kill anyone standing directly under it. Cleanup is a bitch. (At least it doesn't fuck the entire block like reality would have it.)

YOU don't get any say in where or when it happens,though.

If you want to, after the hit, you can move the meteorite just like any other object. They're worth a few tens of grand to sell, too.

I've picked up Gran Turismo 5 again, in preparation for 6.

I always seem to play a few races then go jerk off in photo mode though....

Posted Image

Nice shot. :)

Some of my older ones from over the years...

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

GT5 is a genuinely sexy game with all that post processing on screenshots and videos etc. I wonder if GT6 will look that good on PS4.

I wonder if many people will bother with GT6 on PS4 after playing the PS3 version for however long it takes in between both releases...