TheMojorising

What are you playing at the moment?

I wonder if many people will bother with GT6 on PS4 after playing the PS3 version for however long it takes in between both releases...

I would, just for the improved graphical fidelity and framerate.

I don't think I'd bother unless there was new content, you could transfer your PS3 save, and I was still heavily into racing online.

Otherwise it'd be A) Boring, B) Annoying, and C) No real reason to play... unless racing vs. extremely dull AI gets your motor running for some reason.

Edited by Ezkaton

I'm still thrashing Battlefield 3. I also have Far Cry 3 and Crysis 3, enjoying Far Cry 3 but haven't really got into Crysis 3 yet. Got RAGE still in half completed in Steam. Getting Bioshock Infinite this weekend. Dishonoured is tempting me.

Two colleagues at work want me to get into SWTOR with them. I'm not overly keen.

Looking back at all my other games, I'm thinking of giving Fallout 3 another whirl with a load of mods installed from Fallout Nexus. I've got two of the STALKER games in my Steam library and I'm hanging out for Day Z standalone. I've got Arma 2 combined operations and was playing the Wasteland mod quite a bit.

I'm playing Prison Architect. I don't know why because I get highly obsessive about this stuff. I'm now designing highly segregated and efficient prisons to maximise profit and prisoner obedience whilst minimising staff. I wish it weren't an alpha so there weren't so many issues. For example a really bad one is you can't have multiple kitchens - the ingredients will only be delivered to the kitchen closest to the deliveries area. This means inmates on the far side of the prison have to travel an incredibly long way to get to the canteen only for the lunch hour to be over when they get there. The only way around this at the moment is to have the Yard right outside the canteen and schedule Yard time immediately before eating, so all the prisoners are nearby and have time to eat.

Yeah thats why I'm avoiding putting any more time in it HC, it has some game breaking issues that need to be sorted, once it gets closer to release, I can see myself spending heaps of time with it.

This trend of alpha games is kind of annoying, because it's clear there's fun to be had, but by the time the game is properly polished in like 2 years, the chances most of the alpha players will still care is low, and all they've done is pay money for something fairly crap that they've forgotten about 18 months ago. And what happens if the developers go bankrupt or give up or whatever, they've been paid plenty of money upfront and will never deliver.

Guest xyzzy frobozz

I'm giving Space Marine's campaign another run. Man is it bloody good fun stomping around shooting bolters at things. I wish there was a simple endless challenge mode where you fight til you die, a la CoD Zombies.

It's a hell of a lot of fun, isn't it?

I just wish they'd released an expansion. Such a fun game deserved another campaign, a'la DOW2.

I wonder if many people will bother with GT6 on PS4 after playing the PS3 version for however long it takes in between both releases...

I would, just for the improved graphical fidelity and framerate.

Goodness!

Those screen shots just sold it to me!

That's GT5, that's been out on PS3 for like a thousand years.

Worth mentioning though that they're from Photo Mode, where it renders and raytraces and fucks around with still shots. Gameplay does -not- look like that.

ZombiU. It's ok. I'm really enjoying it but I've been a fan of all things zombified for over 20 years now so my opinion may be biased. The WiiU on the other hand is a big fat pile of meh. I don't get Nintendo. What were they thinking? "Lets make our next gen console but only make it as powerful as the current generation of our competitors consoles ( and only just ), with no Blu-ray, no games that we haven't made 20 times before ( with the exception of ZombiU ), and we'll charge more than any of our competitors charge for their current gen consoles and almost as much as a new next gen console. Oh yeah, and a year into it's release there should only be four games for it that are worth playing". Something like that I imagine.

Edited by disolusiond

I'm still thrashing Battlefield 3. I also have Far Cry 3 and Crysis 3, enjoying Far Cry 3 but haven't really got into Crysis 3 yet. Got RAGE still in half completed in Steam. Getting Bioshock Infinite this weekend. Dishonoured is tempting me.

Two colleagues at work want me to get into SWTOR with them. I'm not overly keen.

Looking back at all my other games, I'm thinking of giving Fallout 3 another whirl with a load of mods installed from Fallout Nexus. I've got two of the STALKER games in my Steam library and I'm hanging out for Day Z standalone. I've got Arma 2 combined operations and was playing the Wasteland mod quite a bit.

You got the wingsuit in farcry3? is awesome.

with fallout3.. have you played fallout new vegas with the DLC? its much much better then fallout3 (it gives you the option to play hardcore mode at the start and you can opt out of hardcore whenever but lose the reward. harcore pretty much means you have to eat, drink and sleep. Turns the game into the amazing survival game that only fallout could do)

Edited by xnatex

I picked up starforge. Played for half hour last night and it was plenty of fun but lack of item descriptions, tutorials, inventory etc make it hard to learn. Haven't played multiplayer or survival yet. Looks fun though, shall give it a go during the week

Edited by ugotdan

You got the wingsuit in farcry3? is awesome.

with fallout3.. have you played fallout new vegas with the DLC? its much much better then fallout3 (it gives you the option to play hardcore mode at the start and you can opt out of hardcore whenever but lose the reward. harcore pretty much means you have to eat, drink and sleep. Turns the game into the amazing survival game that only fallout could do)

I've not got the wingsuit yet. I've got to hunt the Legendary animal for that. I've got very little time to pick up another game. I'd love to give Fallout New Vegas a go and that sounds awesome. But I'm playing these:

Battlefield 3

Crysis 3

Far Cry 3

Bioshock Infinite

The Witcher 2 (just picked up this weekend)

Just this weekend I picked up and installed my brand new Gigabyte GTX 770 Windforce 3X 2GB OC version GPU. I'm stoked with it. I can now enjoy games at great setting using Geforce Experience and GPU Boost 2.0 doing it thing. I'm looking at new monitors now, at least 1080p.

Played Crysis 3 last night at between 80 to 100 frames, very high settings, averages mid 90's and was amazed. Looking at my little GTX 560 ti and almost apologising to it as it's going to be sold.

Heroes of Might and Magic 6 and loving it.

I used to play HOMM 3 in high school and it's just the same, but with prettier graphics.

-X

Picked up the original Forza and have been playing it on my housemates 360. Wish I had this game back in the day

Picked up the original Forza and have been playing it on my housemates 360. Wish I had this game back in the day

It is a great game,but can be hard in the later stages..one game I never beat though..:( maybe time for a replay.

currently going through battlefield 3 and mass effect 1.

ZombiU. It's ok. I'm really enjoying it but I've been a fan of all things zombified for over 20 years now so my opinion may be biased. The WiiU on the other hand is a big fat pile of meh. I don't get Nintendo. What were they thinking? "Lets make our next gen console but only make it as powerful as the current generation of our competitors consoles ( and only just ), with no Blu-ray, no games that we haven't made 20 times before ( with the exception of ZombiU ), and we'll charge more than any of our competitors charge for their current gen consoles and almost as much as a new next gen console. Oh yeah, and a year into it's release there should only be four games for it that are worth playing". Something like that I imagine.

I didn't mind ZombiU, but thought the developers choice to limit you to only a cricket bat in a melee heavy game was a bit silly, I never bothered to finish it.

WRT the WiiU, I totally agree, I had mine for like 5 or 6 months and then sold it, by the time I'd sold it I hadn't really played it for about 3 months. When I first got it I played the shit out of zombiu and new super mario u, but struggled to find any other games I liked on it. Nintendo Land was a bit of fun, but then all the other cross platform games ran like shit.

That Reminds me, I've been itching to get back in my cockpit with either Forza 4 or Forza Horizon, its been too long.

Well I just finished Zombie U. A quick overview. You play as a random surviver of the zombie apocalypse, guided over intercom/tablet by this guy called "the prepper", who gives you missions, advises you, etc. You start with a cricket bat and a pistol, you need to scavenge everything else ( guns, ammo, food, etc ) from the world. Once you die that's it for that particular character, you wake up at the safe house as a new random surviver. You lose all the skills you've built and the weapons/food/gear you had when you died is now in the possession of the zombie version of the character you were just playing, and you really need to go get that shit back by going to the location you died at and killing the old you then looting it. If you die while trying to get your gear back you lose it all forever.

Now all of this sounds great, and it was great at the start but then it tapers of to just alright. It has a few problems afaic, the biggest being that it goes from being brutally hard ( one of the best things about the game ) to being a cake walk ( for the most part ) once you work out the best batting strategy. Another thing is it feels like the start of a game, like the idea of a game that wasn't taken any further than the initial idea. For example, you build stats as you play. Use the pistol a lot and your pistol stat goes up, stuff like that. As far as I can tell these stats do nothing. Full pistol stats kill zombies no better than no pistol stats at all.

The game mechanics I mentioned are pretty much it. There is no story to speak of, more the hint of a story, like it keeps getting mentioned but nothing is ever explained or it never goes anywhere. Also, once you get to a certain point it just becomes a grind where you're going over all the ground you just covered trying to find a collection of items so you can progress. By this point you've become pretty good at dispatching the undead and there are way less of them than the first time you went over this ground so it's very tedious and it feels like filler.

I finished the game in 5 hours and 24 minutes with 8 deaths, most of those were in the first couple of hours until I worked out what I was doing. There is a score count and the daily top 10 is plastered around in various places. Your score is calculated for each character, so if you die it goes back to zero and this adds a level of tension about dying. My best score was 4030. The highest score Ive seen on the leader board was a little under 20,000. If you're not interested in getting your name in the top 10 there is really no reason to play this game a second time.

I'd like to see a sequel get made only this time for them to build on the formula and make a fuller game, not so bare bones. I'ma give it a 6 out of 10.

Edited by disolusiond

WRT the WiiU, I totally agree, I had mine for like 5 or 6 months and then sold it, by the time I'd sold it I hadn't really played it for about 3 months. When I first got it I played the shit out of zombiu and new super mario u, but struggled to find any other games I liked on it. Nintendo Land was a bit of fun, but then all the other cross platform games ran like shit.

Yep, I've had it for a few days and can already see that it was a huge waste of money, a very stupid impulse buy just like the original Wii. I have Monster Hunter 3, Mario U and Lego Undercover to try out but I'm thinking I'll come up with a "fault" and take it back to JB. Either that or I'll just eat the 600 odd dollar loss and try to learn from it this time. I guess I could give it to that games for sick kids charity that give consoles/games to children's hospitals if I can't return it.

I'm an embarrassing shadow of a 'gamer'...but why not tell what I'm playing anyway?

On Xbox 360- Pinball FX2, specifically the Star Wars tables (and Wolverine in between, trying to beat my top score without going insane!)

On PC, I have Amnesia - The Dark Descent installed, but haven't really got beyond that so far...

Yep, I've had it for a few days and can already see that it was a huge waste of money, a very stupid impulse buy just like the original Wii. I have Monster Hunter 3, Mario U and Lego Undercover to try out but I'm thinking I'll come up with a "fault" and take it back to JB. Either that or I'll just eat the 600 odd dollar loss and try to learn from it this time. I guess I could give it to that games for sick kids charity that give consoles/games to children's hospitals if I can't return it.

Ah yes, I tried those games as well. Monster Hunter 3 is supposed to be good, but I didn't like the game style, the way it played or the controls. Lego City Undercover ran like shit most of the time so I didn't give it much play, took it back the day after I got it.

I was playing Vanguard: Saga of Heroes (the MMO) for the last couple of weeks. It's free, and I really enjoy open world type exploring.

Then needed a rest and decided to drag out games I have brought on sale and not played yet so...

Got Deus Ex: Human Revolution going.

What a great game. I am really enjoying it. Played the original Deus Ex on PS and enjoyed that too - but IMHO this one is better. Few little issues but nothing game breaking. Going mostly stealth at the moment but have some firepower for when things go bad.

Love the plot too.

Will probably go back to Vanguard - but have some more sale games on my Steam and Gamersgate accounts to finish too.

Well I just tried Mario U, Lego City Undercover and Monster Hunter. All balls. Mario might be good but it's the same game I've played on the Wii, and the DS, and every other platform Nintendo makes. I don't mean similar, I mean it's the same fucking game. LCU is balls out annoying, plus there are 40 second load times every other minute so fuck that. MH3 might be good but I'm not willing to put that much time into a game anymore, and it looks like shit. These are meant to be the best games on the platform. Nintendo can go eat a dick.

Got Deus Ex: Human Revolution going.

What a great game. I am really enjoying it. Played the original Deus Ex on PS and enjoyed that too - but IMHO this one is better. Few little issues but nothing game breaking. Going mostly stealth at the moment but have some firepower for when things go bad.

Love the plot too.

I'm enjoying it too, though I think I'm kind of ruining it for myself about being paranoid I'm going to miss out on stuff by not exploring everywhere. So I'm hacking into apartments and computers, finding out stuff for missions that I haven't started yet, and when the mission has started I've already done everything but still have to go through the motions anyway.

I was getting a little disappointed about the size of the city as I'd thoroughly explored everywhere and was disappointed how nothing seems to change. I knocked out a couple of drug dealers, their bodies are still just lying there. A guy I knocked out for a mission was meant to get picked up by cops, but he's still there on the floor of his apartment after the mission is over.

But I've just gone on mission to another country and an entirely new city, so that's fun.

I've been playing as stealthily as I can, but it gets a little boring. I feel like the stealth gameplay of Dishonored was much better. I might have to go frontal assault at some point because I'm getting pretty tired of seeing the same few KO animations.

Another thing is I feel kind of restricted in first person, like I wish I could hit a button and go to third person like Elder Scrolls. I spend so much time in third person hiding in cover that walking around a city feels weird stuck in first. It would be nice to zoom back and feel the atmosphere of the city a little more.

Also in the start of the game I took a long time exploring and not going to see the boss about the mission, and by the time I did the situation I was meant to help with had gotten worse which I got abused for. I also explored the ladies room which the tech guy scolded me for. I thought that was pretty cool, but nothing like it has happened since. Not sure why he hasn't busted me for, oh, hacking into every office and computer therein, as well as pilfering all money and items. You'd think he'd get me fired for that.

But I really like the game, looking forward to seeing how it plays out, though I definitely think I've slightly ruined it for myself by exploring too thoroughly.