TheMojorising

What are you playing at the moment?

Got Deus Ex: Human Revolution going.

What a great game. I am really enjoying it. Played the original Deus Ex on PS and enjoyed that too - but IMHO this one is better. Few little issues but nothing game breaking. Going mostly stealth at the moment but have some firepower for when things go bad.

Love the plot too.

I'm enjoying it too, though I think I'm kind of ruining it for myself about being paranoid I'm going to miss out on stuff by not exploring everywhere. So I'm hacking into apartments and computers, finding out stuff for missions that I haven't started yet, and when the mission has started I've already done everything but still have to go through the motions anyway.

Also in the start of the game I took a long time exploring and not going to see the boss about the mission, and by the time I did the situation I was meant to help with had gotten worse which I got abused for. I also explored the ladies room which the tech guy scolded me for. I thought that was pretty cool, but nothing like it has happened since. Not sure why he hasn't busted me for, oh, hacking into every office and computer therein, as well as pilfering all money and items. You'd think he'd get me fired for that.

But I really like the game, looking forward to seeing how it plays out, though I definitely think I've slightly ruined it for myself by exploring too thoroughly.

Exactly what I did.

I might play again and use a whole different approach next time through (assault and no/minimal hack).

I sort of agree about the city size... the game could easily have bigger cities but on the flip side it might become to tedious too (I would need to finish this play through first I think to really form an opinion)

And yeah, I stopped stealing credits. Didn't fit the persona I wanted this run through.

I brought the Deux Ex pack... I was told that Invisible War isn't that great? I also read that someone has released a Mod for Deux Ex 1 with 10 hours of gameplay. Anyone try that yet?

Must admit, I go through "Cyberpunk" phases - particularly when it's done well and sets the mood properly - which IMHO Deux Ex does.

http://www.behance.net/gallery/Cyberpunk-2077/6573211 <- I loved this too (no You tube link because it's age restricted there) but sadly nothing since? Dead project?

I had preordered Payday 2 and the beta has just been released, so am currently downloading it now, looking forward to playing it, will post back here later with thoughts.

Must admit, I go through "Cyberpunk" phases - particularly when it's done well and sets the mood properly - which IMHO Deux Ex does.

http://www.behance.net/gallery/Cyberpunk-2077/6573211 <- I loved this too (no You tube link because it's age restricted there) but sadly nothing since? Dead project?

I love the genre.

The clip is only 6 months old. Nothing in it particularly worrisome for youngsters (or at least, not that they haven't seen elsewhere), but the game's own site points straight to a bigger version of the same clip, with age check. <shrug>

Six months is nothing. Fans of the X series have been waiting a lot longer than that for Reborn with no news at all.

I bought Civ 5 after enjoying these fellows videos on the game

I got it for 7 bucks from some site, added to Steam and downloaded, too easy. They want like $50 on Steam.

I stayed up til 5am playing it last night, had no idea time had flown so fast.

I've spent 15 or so hours on Pay Day 2 so far and am really enjoying it. In the beta there are only 4 heists and the level is capped at 25, but its given me enough of a taste to know that the full game is going to kick ass. While it still has issues, its certainly a much better game than the Original.

I bought Civ 5 after enjoying these fellows videos on the game

I got it for 7 bucks from some site, added to Steam and downloaded, too easy. They want like $50 on Steam.

I stayed up til 5am playing it last night, had no idea time had flown so fast.

What site? I was thinking of getting brave new world, but the price is ridiculous for an expansion pack.

-X

Indeed.. Would love to get Brave New World, but I'm not paying "Brand new game" price for an "Expansion". $15 maybe. But $50?

$7 I'd drop in a heartbeat.

AD

Crusader Kings 2 - managed to nearly conquer the Barcelona region. However, I've got nearly next to zero allies as the Islam forces are draining my allies dry...

I've spent 15 or so hours on Pay Day 2 so far and am really enjoying it. In the beta there are only 4 heists and the level is capped at 25, but its given me enough of a taste to know that the full game is going to kick ass. While it still has issues, its certainly a much better game than the Original.

That's good to know, was concerned that it'd be just like the first. The first had potential, but yeah issues.

OOOOH. Original Game. Yeah. That's about $10 - $15 around the traps. Brave New World is different again.

That's what I'm looking forward to. Waiting until the next sale. That'll typically do it. I'll happily wait 6 - 9 months (Or more. I waited over a year for Gods and Kings).

AD

Just finishing up a few almost done and got sidetracked games.

Space Marine today.

I got right up to the final boss fight and lost interest for several months.

And... considering the game was really good... when I did do the final fight - it was a let down.

Now...Hitman: Blood Money and then Death to Spies

I still have half the THQ bundle to do too.

Edit: Oh and BTW I finished Deus Ex and the Missing Link as well - Loved it.

Also had fun doing the cypher I found on one of the terminals. I solved it in about 2 hours.... turns out the answer was there all along... but I was happy that I cracked it the hard way.

Edited by gyrus

Just finishing up a few almost done and got sidetracked games.

Space Marine today.

I got right up to the final boss fight and lost interest for several months.

And... considering the game was really good... when I did do the final fight - it was a let down.

Now...Hitman: Blood Money and then Death to Spies

I still have half the THQ bundle to do too.

Edit: Oh and BTW I finished Deus Ex and the Missing Link as well - Loved it.

Also had fun doing the cypher I found on one of the terminals. I solved it in about 2 hours.... turns out the answer was there all along... but I was happy that I cracked it the hard way.

The final battle in Space Marine is a bit crap, just a quicktime event

Blood Money was such a great game. I should replay it someday as super stealth. Last play I tried to kill everyone on each level without being detected.

... DDO

... still

... and I blame here for introducing me to it in the first place ... but I'm still having *tons* of fun :)

Sins of a Solar Empire:Rebellion, first game out of the tutorial and I didn't expand fast enough and now where ever I go I'm faced with a big ball of enemy ships.

Speaking of that, I've been playing GTA IV and Dishonored. Just grabbed the latter while it's been on sale today. Also jumped into War Thunder for the first time in a very long time. Was a lot of fun

Haven't actually fired up anything more involved than Solitaire for weeks - I've been 'playing' with spreadsheets. Trying to put together a fully-flexible Eidolon planner for Pathfinder. I built a planner for 1-20 for my Summoner and his pet (and spells), and it kinda grew out of that.

<shrug> Engages the brain, anyway.