TheMojorising

What are you playing at the moment?

I have gone Back to playing The Rift too ,it seems a lot better now its Free to Play. Guild Wars 2 also but that is starting to get boring now.

GTA IV. Stealing dump trucks and going on rampages. Why not.

Yeah I've been meaning to fire it up again myself in prep for No. 5

I'm still waiting for this fucker to release the latest Icenhancer so I can finish the game finally - also the 2 expansions.

Haven't actually fired up anything more involved than Solitaire for weeks - I've been 'playing' with spreadsheets. Trying to put together a fully-flexible Eidolon planner for Pathfinder. I built a planner for 1-20 for my Summoner and his pet (and spells), and it kinda grew out of that.

<shrug> Engages the brain, anyway.

I spend more time than I'd like to admit "playing" with spreadsheets. A nicely automated spreadsheet full of beautiful formulas and VBA, which is still easy to use and nice looking is a bit of a wet dream for me. A sad, sorry, cry a little bit, wet dream. Edited by discoInferno

Well, since my last post I have completely played through Mass Effect 2 (and finished Death to Spies)

Had never played any Mass Effect games before.

I did like the whole story and development of the story - although it was a bit hard to get into at first.

I would seriously suggest playing Mass Effect 1 first - since there is quite a bit of assumed knowledge of the previous game (what happened etc)

I found the combat a bit bland too (having just played Deus Ex) and seems to be built around the cover and vault over cover mechanic - which is not done as well as Deus Ex IMHO.

The combat levels were also very linear - may as well have been straight tunnels with a mob every 100m or 5 mins... Also frustrating at times for that reason.

The whole space movement thing was also very lame - they should have gone with a click to target and cut scene IMHO - since the cut scenes of combat were very cinematic and do a good job if you are not actually going to allow the player hands on control.

Also, still not a fan of Quick Time Events, but the Paragon/Renegade QTE in this game were okay.

But, all that said, I did like the character development and the rich 'history' and lore they set up. That makes me want to play the whole series (just to follow the story) so I will wishlist it as a pack and wait for a 75%+ off sale.

Now... what havent I played from the THQ pack... Metro 2033? or Darksiders?

Just played a few games of Rush in BF3. Was having a great time, I think there was a close win, a close loss, then a steamroll victory. We were actually playing the objective, everyone was actually doing their jobs, I was having a great time playing my favourite role as the smoke medic, which is the most useful role for attacking in rush. We were attacking in a vaguely coordinated manner, and encountering surpise attacks of whole squads down back alleys when defending, taking you down to your last few rounds in your sidearm trying to stop them and relying on your fellow medics to bring you back from the dead. Fun stuff.

Then some people left and the next game turned to shit. Only about 5 guys left on our team, no one attacking the mcoms but me. I singlehandedly took the first two under cover of smoke, then the same pussy in a chopper kept nailing me every time I ran for the next ones. Ended up just quitting because there were like 120 tickets left, with all four of my other players either sitting in vehicles or sniping, so 90% of lost tickets were from me personally being bombed to shit by the same guy. I put up with that for about 15 minutes straight, managing to set the first mcom a couple of times, but only by the skin of my teeth as bombs exploded around me, and I got to see the gunner casually parachute down and disarm it in complete safety.

I don't understand the mindset of people who can play like that. Just holding the trigger down on the same person uncontested until the game ends. I get bored of Battlefield 3 very fast in a normal game with 30 or 60 players, but I can't stand the endless monotony of sitting there sniping or chopper gunning when it's the same few people spawning and nothing changing for 45 minutes.

But I like when things like this happen, because it's then I remember that I have a bunch of other games more worth my time, where I can get what I want from games, which is, usually to get away from people in general and enjoy being immersed somewhere else. I don't get the appeal of multiplayer games sometimes, I mean people are generally bad enough in real life where they're forced to be at least somewhat tolerable, no such chance online where it seems the very dregs of humanity gather to spawn camp and base rape, act like 12 year olds in chat feeds, and ride downvote buttons like fucking carousels.

Playing Killing Floor.

This game is Cheap and Fun.

WoW and

got back into Need for Speed World.

in the last 7 months they have rolled out an achievement system. it's clear what the achievement is and what you get for it. this can allow you to either target the achievement for the points or for the reward. these are upgrades, bling, skill mods or even just cash. not sure if it is scaled correctly, but it will easily draw people along for several months getting regular updates on progress and seeing what is next up.

didn't jump back into class S, too many $25 cars that kick so much arse you need to pay to compete. currently running class B and C and having a hoot. cars within the top few % before their rating puts them into the next class are very close and it comes down to driving and subtle car characteristics per track.

I even tracked down an only pursuit course that used to be class B for my VW Serrocco, but is now class D. bought and modded an old 240G fairlady. lowered, dropped the tone of the stock green paint and changed the rims for a sort of urban military feel.

took it out and while it was down on speed and a little light in the tail compared to other cars I have, it kept up with other cars by virtue of higher cornering ability. knowing the position of cops and how to deal with them meant I could win but pursuit aint about that. So I turn around and ram the cops some more to give the other guys a chance to finish. with all finished we get top rewards.

Just finished Crysis 3. Really enjoyed the game other than the fact that it is too short (especially when compared to Crysis 2)

I've been playing payday 1 a bit, and still dabbling at tribes ascend, but apart from eve I've mostly been playing endless space.

If you havent played endless space, grab it. Grab the DLC as well. DLC is a poor expression for the Disharmony release, it's actually a full blown expansion pack, doing as much for endless space as rise of rome did for age of empires.

In my opinion, endless space is the best game to be released in the last 5 years, go check it out IMO.

X-com

Fucking X-com.

Balancing a tight economic of material, power and money. Keeping the entire world happy and then the hard as fuck actual missions. And when I can finally field a entire team of well equiped badarses.....

Aliens with MIND CONTROL and one of those badarses blows the rest of them away with the awesome plasma gun I just gave him.

Pay Day 2 has been taking all my time since the beta hit and now full release, loving it.

Edited by NukeJockey

X-com

Fucking X-com.

Balancing a tight economic of material, power and money. Keeping the entire world happy and then the hard as fuck actual missions. And when I can finally field a entire team of well equiped badarses.....

Aliens with MIND CONTROL and one of those badarses blows the rest of them away with the awesome plasma gun I just gave him.

I've never got to the point of having bad-ass agents - they keep getting killed during missions. Or hospitalised so badly that I'm trying to fend of base invasions with only two actives.

Bought Witcher 2 through GOG a while back - finally got around to the 16 hours (!! Fuck you, Telstra) of downloading required. Been attempting to play it for the last couple of days.

Uninstalled it about 10 minutes ago.

This guy says pretty much everything I was thinking, only more politely:

http://mygodwhathassciencedone.blogspot.co...-witcher-2.html

My wording was much closer to "What crack-addicted fuckhead dreamed up this useless excuse for a game?" Sure, it looks sweet, but if you're unfortunate enough to be playing a PC game with typical PC controls (ie: mouse and keyboard) and not a console controller, you're going to be running the risk of either breaking your keyboard or hurling the entire thing out of the window - and possibly jumping up and down on the bits after lighting it on fire.

I don't know who thought it a good idea to make unavoidable fist fights in the easiest mode available even more challenging than sword combat on the hardest mode, but I would seriously like to introduce that dude to my boot.

waiting for my 7 days to die alpha key to turn up...

I'm waiting for their buy page to come back up -.-

If you didn't know:

"And for those of you who have asked our PayPal Buy page will be back up today or tomorrow and stay up after Alpha release for everyone to still buy the pledges they want including Alpha. http://7daystodie.com/buy/"

Got that in an email this morning at 1.50am

Edited by corky

I stopped probably when I got into Android device last year but often I'd have an emulator window or 2 active with Atari and C64 games going. Impossible Mission being one particular favourite.

These days I do Android gaming more than anything. Funny really, it's like a halfway point between modern PC games and Android games.

Possibly the one with the most staying power has been Angry Birds: Star Wars. Recently updated to the HD version and looking forward to AB: SW 2 which is set for release soon.

Played Uno almost constantly earlier in the year.

Other recent games include Cut the Rope, Plants vs Zombies, Gerbil Physics and of course Bad Piggies.

Don't mind the odd game of Pool or Snooker on my tablet either. Pinball games also get the occasional play.

I has the sads

They have sent out over 12,000 keys and i am one of the few that hasn't received theirs as yet (and there's 13,876 backers)

:(

If you're a kickstarter backer, you're looking possibly a longer wait. Its available on from your uncle torrence atm with all features intact if you don't want to wait though.

Its pretty boring to play atm tbh, the gameplay is very poor, bad animations, lacklustre weapons, no "survival feel" (you can find dozens of water bottles, heaps of food and several guns and ammo in just about every house you go into) I think I might take another look at it when it hits Beta, or in a few updates time.

X-com

Fucking X-com.

I've never got to the point of having bad-ass agents - they keep getting killed during missions. Or hospitalised so badly that I'm trying to fend of base invasions with only two actives.

I focused on getting the best possible gear for my men. Due to the expense and time consuming nature of this I lost two countries in a month because I hadn't given them satellites before teh monthly review.

Then I put my head on the desk and swore for a while.

Edited by Hlass

Just started Payday 1. Better than I expected and something different than the typical shooters.

Definitely much more enjoyable when played co-operatively with friends.

Can't wait to get the 2nd game.

Just started Payday 1. Better than I expected and something different than the typical shooters.

Definitely much more enjoyable when played co-operatively with friends.

Can't wait to get the 2nd game.

I really disliked the first one, was nothing more than a coop horde shooter in disguise as a heist game.

Payday 2 has taken steps to change that, but its still very lacking in some areas, but having said that, my total played time count for both games is as follows:

Payday: The Heist - 86 minutes

Payday 2 - 79 hours (that includes time spent in the beta, of which there were 39 hours)

I played payday 1 for about 15 minutes before I decided it was an unpolished piece of shit.

Won't touch payday 2.

Was just playing NFS the run, got about half way through and started getting bored.

About to play BF3 single player for the first time - this weekend.