TheMojorising

What are you playing at the moment?

Still playing mostly ARMA III co-op (Domination or Insurgents) online.

Otherwise a little PayDay 2 with Nuke, and some Hotline Miami on the side.

Anxiously awaiting the full release of ARMA III, as well as the release of GTA V.

X-com

Fucking X-com.

Balancing a tight economic of material, power and money. Keeping the entire world happy and then the hard as fuck actual missions. And when I can finally field a entire team of well equiped badarses.....

Aliens with MIND CONTROL and one of those badarses blows the rest of them away with the awesome plasma gun I just gave him.

I've never got to the point of having bad-ass agents - they keep getting killed during missions. Or hospitalised so badly that I'm trying to fend of base invasions with only two actives.

Base invasions? You playing the original? Still enjoyable?

I've never got to the point of having bad-ass agents - they keep getting killed during missions. Or hospitalised so badly that I'm trying to fend of base invasions with only two actives.

Base invasions? You playing the original? Still enjoyable?

I'm sure one of the later ones has them too. I played three "After~" games most recently, but even that was at least 6 months ago. Could be one of those, or flashing back to the first (which was also about 6-7 months ago. Thanks GOG! :)

And yeah, but the old graphics make you think you have cataracts after a while. ;)

Just finished Payday1. Now starting Payday 2!!

Is there a story to these games or is it just 'do these missions and get money'?

There seems to be an underlying story, but there is no real narrative or story progression to speak of.

Is there a story to these games or is it just 'do these missions and get money'?

There seems to be an underlying story, but there is no real narrative or story progression to speak of.

Oh, that's a bit disappointing. I might play it/them when on sale

Oh, that's a bit disappointing. I might play it/them when on sale

There is a Payday web series that adds a bit of substance and bridges the first and 2nd game, it also introduces the people you do contracts for in Payday 2. If you want some back story its there, but its a heist game first and foremost, you basically grind the same levels over and over (in payday 2 anyway) so any sense of direction or coming to a conclusion is not really possible :P

Pokemon TCG Online. I'm such a loser.

Can you explain how that works? Do you have to buy the cards irl from a store and enter a code to put them in, or do you buy digital cards? Or is it all free? Please tell!

You get a bunch of free cards when you create an account.

Whenever you buy real cards you get a code with which you redeem either a booster or deck, depending on what you bought.

You also get daily rewards for logging in such as free booster packs or coins which you can buy cards with.

You also get coins for playing against the computer or people online.

If you like pokemon cards you will love this. You just go to pokemontcgonline and download the client.

Wait time for a game is maximum 10 seconds, so it's quick and easy to get a match against someone.

You can also trade cards with people as well to get whatever you're after.

Anything else just ask.

Pokemon TCG Online. I'm such a loser.

ahahahaha I registered for that the other day and the system told me 'PointZeroOne' wasn't an appropriate name to use.

Went into EB to get Saints Row 4 today. Was told it's been bushed back till the 18th of next month, two days after GTA5. And just like that it was decided for me that I wont be playing SR4.

Went into EB to get Saints Row 4 today. Was told it's been bushed back till the 18th of next month, two days after GTA5. And just like that it was decided for me that I wont be playing SR4.

Guess you haven't been keeping up with the news :P

It was due out on the 20th of this month, then on the 17th or 18th, it mysteriously changed to september 18th, then changed again to just "september" and then they officially announced it a few days back.

Deep Silver can go eat a giant Dick, they won't be getting anything from me as far SR4 goes, I won't even pirate it.

Guess you haven't been keeping up with the news :P

It was due out on the 20th of this month, then on the 17th or 18th, it mysteriously changed to september 18th, then changed again to just "september" and then they officially announced it a few days back.

Deep Silver can go eat a giant Dick, they won't be getting anything from me as far SR4 goes, I won't even pirate it.

Nope. I keep up with none of the news on any games anymore. I hardly even play anything anymore. I was just curious as to what SR4 had to offer. The only thongs I'm even remotely interested in playing are GTA5 and Rome Total War 2. Though I did just buy the early access of Sir You Are Being Haunted. I also picked up the FF MMO ( whatever it's called ) today instead of SR4.

just finished playing dishonored, had lots of fun, story was fairly good, only had 1 moment where i knew i was going to get screwed over by one of the guys helping you along the lord guy who gives you a sealed note to give to the guy in a wolf mask, knew it was a trap and did it anyway , but i got my revenge so its all good, i tried to sneak around everywhere, but still always got sprung cause my timing was ever so slightly off, or the AI did something random, ended up with high Chaos ratings through all missions, want to try it all again and aim for low chaos with as little kills as possible for the remaining achievements.

just finished playing dishonored, had lots of fun, story was fairly good, only had 1 moment where i knew i was going to get screwed over by one of the guys helping you along the lord guy who gives you a sealed note to give to the guy in a wolf mask, knew it was a trap and did it anyway , but i got my revenge so its all good, i tried to sneak around everywhere, but still always got sprung cause my timing was ever so slightly off, or the AI did something random, ended up with high Chaos ratings through all missions, want to try it all again and aim for low chaos with as little kills as possible for the remaining achievements.

I finished it with basically no chaos, non-lethal stealth takedowns on every moving thing on every level. Only a few kills for example in the spoilered part you mention. I started playing again doing lethal kills on everyone I could find but doing it stealthily. Fun getting the 'ghost' achievement for being undetected whilst killing 30 people. But then I got bored and played other games.

Downloaded the online edition of Sleeping Dogs ( full game and 3 DLC packs ) on PS3 for $25 last night when I went to bed. Started playing about an hour ago. Fucking brilliant! I don't see how this game didn't get more praise. Everything about it is outstanding so far. Voice acting. Game play. Visuals. Sound design. Story. Everything about this game makes me want to keep playing. And that's saying a lot considering my attitude toward games lately. For $25 I can not recommend this game enough.

Edited by disolusiond

It got some great reviews when it came out, especially on PC as it had some really nice graphical options and looked fantastic, but ultimately didn't too well.

Its a shame, Squenix have released some great games over the last few years and not a single one of them has really been a huge success and sold the numbers it should have. I blame COD :P

It got some great reviews when it came out, especially on PC as it had some really nice graphical options and looked fantastic, but ultimately didn't too well.

Its a shame, Squenix have released some great games over the last few years and not a single one of them has really been a huge success and sold the numbers it should have. I blame COD :P

lol. I bought Black Ops 2 today for $55 because I felt like shooting some motherfuckers. I haven't even played it yet and I feel dirty.

I caved and bought BLOPS2 a while ago for around the same price, played Zombies for a fair while and then decided to play some MP, after playing a dozen or so games and topping nearly every single one, I gave up and decided it was too easy. I was sniping people with a TMP from half way across the map :P

I'm playing the polar opposite of you guys, I'm somewhere on Altis trying to figure out when I can respawn next because the respawn timer in Arma3 is a little strange.

I'm playing the polar opposite of you guys, I'm somewhere on Altis trying to figure out when I can respawn next because the respawn timer in Arma3 is a little strange.

What mode are you playing? :) I've been screwing around on Altis a bit since it hit the Dev branch, not really interested in playing against AI too much, so waiting for a stable, optimised Wasteland mod to pop up, hopefully one will be finished and in a working stage by the full release.

I preordered Outlast and Amnesia a Machine for pigs today, can't wait to rip into those, Outlast looks particularly awesome.

Also just discovered and paid $10 for a game called "Damned" tonight, pretty damn fun.

Its what they call a "Coop-Competitive Survival Horror" or something along those lines. Basically, 4 survivors (4 players) are trapped in a haunted hotel, throughout the hotel, you have to find keys to open doors and eventually escape, its mostly randomised (apart from the layout of the actual hotel) with keys being on tables, hidden in drawers etc. So thats the basic gameplay for the survivors, you don't have weapons either, just a torch.

The competitive part comes into play, as there is another player playing the Ghost. This person can fly around the hotel and set off spooky things, things like making lamps crackly and fizz out, boards float in the air, radiators hiss, clocks going off, pianos playing and heaps more. While in Ghost form, the player cannot see the 4 survivors, however, At certain intervals the ghost can morph into a monster and their goal is to chase down the survivors and kill them.

It makes for a genuinely scary experience and also absolutely hilarious at the same time. I'd recommend it to anyone who is a fan of Amnesia, as it seems to base many of its gameplay elements on it. Its only in Alpha atm, so its still pretty buggy (took my friend and I over half an hour to be able to host a server and we are on a LAN) but good fun none the less.