TheFrunj

Don't Starve in full release!

that wolfgang guy is cool, pick a world and add a little bit more extra food and just run around with that dude eating heaps and destroying. I made it to nearly 14 days then thought i paused it to go afk, nek miinnit im fukn dead.

Playing the robot atm, he is good, id love to know what that lil box next to the gnome does, or that random ring you find in the circle of evil flowers hah

It's a great game, although I'm not very good at it. I think it has something to do with my utter refusal to tweak the world settings or consult any wikis.

I'm also not very good at it, also because refuse to check wiki and play with settings too. I figured it would take the fun out of new discoveries if I knew exactly what i had to do. Needless to say, Wilson's adventures have not been happy ones to date, between the starving and brain dying and getting pecked to peices by giant cyclops ostriches....

that wolfgang guy is cool, pick a world and add a little bit more extra food and just run around with that dude eating heaps and destroying. I made it to nearly 14 days then thought i paused it to go afk, nek miinnit im fukn dead.

Playing the robot atm, he is good, id love to know what that lil box next to the gnome does, or that random ring you find in the circle of evil flowers hah

It's a great game, although I'm not very good at it. I think it has something to do with my utter refusal to tweak the world settings or consult any wikis.

I'm also not very good at it, also because refuse to check wiki and play with settings too. I figured it would take the fun out of new discoveries if I knew exactly what i had to do. Needless to say, Wilson's adventures have not been happy ones to date, between the starving and brain dying and getting pecked to peices by giant cyclops ostriches....

I'm the same as you guys, did a lot of exploring and wasn't sure what half the crap I had did. Still haven't consulted the Wiki.

I worked out how to build a few machines to help me with other inventions and a few other things, but I'm sure there is plenty I'm missing.

Edited by NukeJockey

Wife is still hooked on this game, she's been working on collecting all the objects required to get into Adventure mode.

I haven't played this in a while, heard there's been quite a few updates to it.

It's hard to figure out what the various Things do, but you definitely need all of them. IIRC there's a stick you can craft that points towards important locations on the map.

Wolfgang is almost easy mode imo, he has few drawbacks.

I dunno about that, wolfgang tears through the food if you havent got any extra food in the world, id say the robot is easier because he doesnt need to eat much. You can get lucky with wolfgang on default mode if you can make some farms with that dung. I had a bunch of those dogs find there way to my farms tho and kill me, how the fuck can you kill them? the spear and log armour does nothing haha

I had a bunch of those dogs find there way to my farms tho and kill me, how the fuck can you kill them? the spear and log armour does nothing haha

I build a second stone campfire away from my main base (so the fire dogs don't burn everything), and just try to kite them. So wait for their attack to start, back away for a sec, hit them, dodge the attack, back away, hit, etc.

Another good way is to build a room with a single entrance, and place a bunch of tooth traps down. Funnel them through the traps and a lot of them die before they get to you.

I had a bunch of those dogs find there way to my farms tho and kill me, how the fuck can you kill them? the spear and log armour does nothing haha

I build a second stone campfire away from my main base (so the fire dogs don't burn everything), and just try to kite them. So wait for their attack to start, back away for a sec, hit them, dodge the attack, back away, hit, etc.

Another good way is to build a room with a single entrance, and place a bunch of tooth traps down. Funnel them through the traps and a lot of them die before they get to you.

Ah yeah i havent built walls or anything yet. I made a bush hat and when i heard the dogs barking i put heaps of wood on the fire and "hide" with the hat and they just ran past me, but they hang around for ahwile and I couldnt move, then the fire went out and i couldnt find where it was to put more wood on, then got killed by the dark lol.

Funny game, ive put quite a few hours into it now.

Getting a bug catcher and bee keeper hat, then go and catch heaps of those orange bee's, then drop all those bee's where theres a bunch of pigs or those tall birds and let em smash em. I still havent worked out how to harvest honey from my bee hive tho.

Also, when you get a boomerang dont kill tons of birds and rabits too quickly or this monster thing with a sack comes and fucks you up.

Im gonna make a maze with a bunch of traps now haha, man this game is soo good

Im playing the lumberjack atm and he is awesome, if you chop down too many tree's too quickly you turn into like a werebeaver or something and you get health from eating trees.

Its really easy to kill shit in that form so its good to run around taking out all the spiders and stuff. You cant pick shit up in were mode so you have to come back later to loot.

Careful there isnt any pig homes near the spiders nests you killed tho, the pigs go through and eat all the monster meat and turn into like a werepig lol, they are tough

So I did that, was pretty deep into the winter and the dogs came.. I didnt have any tooth traps cause i hadnt killed any dogs so I just had bee mines. There where some pigs running away from the dogs, then the dogs some how herded them into my walled base, pigs set of the traps. then the bee's started attacking me. So I started running away from the bee's and dogs and eventually froze to death cuz i didnt have a heat stone.

That was like 5 - 6 hours of gaming, gone :'(

FUAAAAAAAAAAARK

ba ha ha ha nate! all of that sounds bloody funny. I think I better go back and have a look at this game again.

THIS GAME!!! Omg it looked so STUPID when I saw it on the steam store, and yet I bought the dang game XD I've loved every second of this game and died many, many, many, many, many, many, many, many, many.... Well, I've died a lot XD

But this game... It has devoured many hours of my life and I don't want them back, I continue to feed many hours of my life to this game whilst I scream at my monitor when I die or when I accidentally burn down every tree in the game XD teehee ^_^

This game is just... Awesome :D 10/10 ^_^

Haha that about sums it up. I found it was really stressful, I enjoy the permadeath but didn't like losing all my stuff so often.

I haven't been back to play Don't Starve since they added the caves, finished Adventure Mode, etc, so maybe it's got more motivation to make me do more than turtle in a base.

How far through the game have you been SohBriKay?

Pfft! how far through?! I have no dang idea!!! I've gone through that door thing Maxwell's made, and I've survived for a while in just regular adventure but I always freeze, starve, or those dang dogs get me! I don't think I've actually achieved that much XD It's more that I get on the game and attempt to... Well... Not starve XD But yeah, I checked out the caves and then sorta got new games and haven't played Don't starve since then XD But I do agree it can be very stressful XD

Don't Starve: Reign of Giants (DLC for Don't Starve) is now on Steam Early Access. Might grab it one day if I get back into it

the steam DLC and mods for this game are really good, like really good. I have so many different items, characters, mods etc that have put so much life back into the game.

A good one is the level up mod where if you kill shit you get levels up and get slightly stronger, Its not much but it adds this old school RPG type feeling to it.

some of the cooking mods are really cool too, like the crock pot and freezer.

If anyone hasnt browsed the mod market you should do yourself a service and have a browse, get as many mods as you see interesting and by the time you finish getting all the mods you think are cool you have a different game

I bought Reign of Giants a couple of days ago. Haven't had a chance to play it yet, been flat out, but it looks freaking wicked :D