Forum upgrade is live! Read more... ×
elvenwhore

Atomic Meet 13: Brisbane

Atomic Meet 13: [bring It] Brisbane

Come get your warm on in latitudinally-advantaged Brisbane at Atomic Meet 13!

Practicalities

Date: Saturday August 31

Where: The Brekky Creek Hotel

When: 6pm onwards

Pre-Meet BBQ: Southbank Parklands, midday Saturday (catered by BrisAtomic volunteers).

Southbank Map. Aim for the grassy areas near the Suncorp Piazza and keep your eyes open :-) (and get my phone number if need be!)

Spread The Word

FaceBookians! Someone wish to farm this out? (I don't have any Atomicans on FB.)

BrisAtomicans! You have no excuses!

Everyone else! PM, email, text. Plus ones are welcome!

Confirmed Attendees: (might be a good idea to reply once you've confirmed as I will be arranging a couple of spesh things for attendees and it will help to have names/numbers... /mysterious)

elvenwhore

Master_Scythe

Jedi_Vader20

Cybes

Doc Forrest

Myra`Jai

Firminius

AboodY

ozella luvenia

Spookywanluke

ReapermanRS

pappes

littlebugger

Ratticus

Gas Lee

strifus

elven's whore

Maybe's:

BookWorm.303

Cybes

The aftermath: photos:

Cybes' pics

My pics

Edited by elvenwhore

I'm in!

Got family not far out of town, so I might even extend the visit a little. :)

I'll be there and I've already created a Faceberk group. Just need some more members to add to it only about 30 on there so far.

Realised the other day that the either date for this thing is a few days either side of my bro's b'day, so I'll definitely be extending the stay a bit.

Cool, I'll be in this. I think I'm supposed to be doing some driver training with QFRS on one of those weekends so I won't nominate one just yet. Once I have a firm date I can commit to one. Anyone thought of a venue yet?

Venue, no, not yet on account of me being in Europe until the end of the month. Unless you guys want to have it at Sababurg Castle, which is where I am today :-p It's awesome, i can vouch for it. No? Geez, tough crowd :-p

For the record, I'm happy to work alongside others (is, nobody should assume I want to bulldoze this "my" way, but at the same time, I don't think there's been too much movement thus far) but it's been a bit quiet on the EOI front in general.

Anyway :-) Keep the discussions happening! :-)

Edit: seriously the discussions happening, or this thing still may not get off the ground.

Edited by elvenwhore

Unless you guys want to have it at Sababurg Castle...

[...]

Edit: seriously the discussions happening, or this thing still may not get off the ground.

Personally, I'd love to have it in a castle, but something tells me the turnout will be rather minimal if we go for a venue in Europe. ;)

I don't know what more conversation there is for those of us out of state to add. We have a narrow window to aim for, if not a specific date, and that's probably sufficient for most of us to make at least preliminary travel arrangements. We can probably all wait rather more than a month before making accommodation arrangements becomes pressing.

Unless you guys want to have it at Sababurg Castle...

[...]

Personally, I'd love to have it in a castle, but something tells me the turnout will be rather minimal if we go for a venue in Europe. ;)

I don't know what more conversation there is for those of us out of state to add. We have a narrow window to aim for, if not a specific date, and that's probably sufficient for most of us to make at least preliminary travel arrangements. We can probably all wait rather more than a month before making accommodation arrangements becomes pressing.

There is a rentable castle designed for parties and functions about 45mins out of Brisbane, toward ipswitch.

Assuming work won't get in the way, count me in Reaperman, could you please add me to the fb group?

Edited by greycat

Unfortunately I'll be keeping my Atomic Meet cherry...

*sob* but i want to meet people!

pop that cherry.

Hmmmm...

TIL: Master Scythe is an alternate personality of Mac Dude.

Travel is going to be crazy between now and September so I'm just being realistic. If I get the opportunity I'd be more than happy to come up and buy you a beer MS :)

(And a bunch of other folks I've pissed off over the years)

Edit : Cybes, :P

Edited by Mac Dude