elvenwhore

Atomic Meet 13: Brisbane

OK! I am back in the country, I am back online (thanks for cutting my wires, Telstra) and I now know which weekends I work. So we can start really getting down to business now :-)

Jedi_Vader20 - that would be great :-) This is a BrisAtomic thing, not a 'me' thing, so any BrisAtomican who wants to have any input, please do speak up. This is for everyone :-)

I will officially lock in the date when I get off my phone and onto a real screen but at this stage, I will be working on the 17th so we may have to push it back a week. Will confirm shortly.

yeah, my availability is pretty bad for the next 2 years due to other projects. But I hope to make some time to attend.

I can also provide crash space for people at mine aka the --- St Refuge For Drunk People.

I'll be in brisbane this week, any LANs happening?

Might have better luck if you make a new thread for that.

Dont think we can come, Juggs and Noddy are in a band and they are touring interstate in August. We will be in ACT on August 10th at the Canberra gig, and the following weekend is my birthday weekend.

Say, is there any word on the venue, yet? It'd be nice to be able to book rooms in the right place - don't really want to save $20 on accommodation just to have to spend an extra $100 on cab fare.

She hasn't forgotten, she's just busy trying to get stuff finalised. We'll hopefully hear some good news soon.

I knew she'd come through :) fantastic person ^~^

was simply a "just in case" suggestion. Look forward to hearing more :D:D

Someone should SMS elven if you have her number. she may have forgotten :P

No, I haven't forgotten, just busily working on it behind the scenes - by myself, if you'll remember :-p

And the only weekend in the next two-and-a-bit months that I'm not working is August 31, so that's it, boys and girls :-) We are indebted to my +1, incidentally, who has done something behind the scenes to almost single-handedly ensure this happens.

Pre-meet BBQ on the Saturday. That seems more Brisbane's style than a restaurant lunch meet :-) Was thinking Southbank. Actual Meet venue, Brekky Creek Hotel.

edit: speaking of SMS'ing - that was a cracking idea, MS :-) Anyone missing my number?

Edited by elvenwhore

ironically; yes

EDIT: also if you need a specific hand with something; just ask.

Edited by Master_Scythe

The Breakfast Creek Hotel? Isn't that place up for sale?

I imagine the sale will go through much quicker with the current change of cabinet.

Would it be best for people to walk from Bowen Hills station, or ferry/bus/cab would be easier (assuming they're not staying within walking distance, eg CBD/Southbank/The Valley)?

Bowen Hills station to the brekky creek hotel is about a 10-15 minute walk, just over a km. Assuming you're staying in the city, a split cab might be easier.

Also, I suppose confirming is what all the cool kids are doing.

As of ~midnight Thur/Fri, my right ear has almost no hearing at all. Urgent visits to audiologist etc have ensued, culminating today: they took one look at my medical history and have me booked for MRIs and taking steroids again.

At this moment, I still think I can make it to this Meet. If I'm not there, though, you know why. :P

As of ~midnight Thur/Fri, my right ear has almost no hearing at all. Urgent visits to audiologist etc have ensued, culminating today: they took one look at my medical history and have me booked for MRIs and taking steroids again.

At this moment, I still think I can make it to this Meet. If I'm not there, though, you know why. :P

Wishing you the best with that!