elvenwhore

Atomic Meet 13: Brisbane

I am sat down on a piece of green concrete directly over from the piazza. The traffic on Stanley street is pretty crappy.

Isn't it??

We have a BBQ at Riverside Green (the "top" one if you're looking at the map I linked) and I am outside the Piazza now :-)

It begins! Already had an adventure with strifus :-)

We have reserved a seated area inside the Rum Bar portion of the Brekky Creek, behind the frosted glass.

Well there are 2 splinter groups in addition to the main group. Some went next door for food. 4 went Spanish for food and there are the campers . Plus the pikers of course. Will reform after sustainence

Edit: splinter groups have reformed. Still at rumbar waiting for pikers

Edit: given up on pikers, most went to Mana bar, I went to catch up n ZZZZ's

Edited by pappes

Yep, Meet evolved to Mana Bar :-)

Doc Forrest has Marvel vs Capcom hax.

Its a horrible game I was playing it last night. I was there a bit earlier.

I trust you all had fun and am waiting on the pics. Hope you're not paying for the evening this morn. :{)

I did arrange the time off but didn't book in in case what happened happened i.e., laid out with a bout of the deep darks at home. /sigh

The moderate flair up in the chronic generalised body pain is easily ignornored but curling up with the mind lost in a void is not conducive to driving.

http://imgur.com/a/6v3BG#0

That's a raw dump from 'phone camera - no processing to sharpen, improve contrast, clear things up, or add party hats.

My apologies to those people who's names I have forgotten, missed, or mis-identified. Please feel free to correct me here or on album comments - I'll fix 'em...well, sometime.

I hope the other camera-flashes I saw that evening lead to posts as well.

And no, I didn't plan it that way. ;P

Edited by Cybes

Great stuff, Cybes! :-)

Here's our pics... well, the best ones :-)

So that's it, done and dusted! Thank you very much to everyone who came out, particularly the lovely ReapermanRS and Cybes for coming so far just to come out and play with us :-)

The pre-meet started a bit hectically as elven's whore and myself got a bit stuck in traffic. We ended up having to bargain/negotiate/plead to share the BBQ station with another group, although they were lovely about it and even offered to share some of their food with us. I left E'sW to start the BBQing and went off in search of Atomicans... rounding a corner, I could hear someone talking about chip speed so I knew instantly I found the right people :-p After the BBQ, we went in search of ice-cream. We won't talk about what happened after that although we do have a pic of it :-( (I'm looking at you, ReapermanRS!).

After the afternoon shenanigans, it was time to split off and get ready for the evening. We arrived at the BCH and E'sW somehow managed to charm the bar manager into letting us take over an entire seating area for the evening, so that was handy :-) Shortly after we arrived, strifus appeared having seen us get out of the taxi and thought he may have recognised us from the pic I posted - so, strifus, not only are you just a delight and I hope to see you around more, but you get epic wootie points for spotting us. and the same goes to spooky for finding us and knowing, if just by sensing it, "ah, these must be Atomicans!" :-)

Not everyone made it to the Mana Bar that evening, but we stopped by, if only briefly, to cap off the night. After some epic discussion, the meet came to an end as we all went our separate ways. And we retired home, only to get up a few hours later to run the Bridge to Brisbane... oh yes, there were some choice words when the alarm went off :-p

Again, thank you very much to everyone who came out. It was awesome to catch up with you all and meet some new faces. I do apologise I/we couldn't put more of a show on for you but if nothing else, hopefully we have galvanised our resolve towards the forum and next year's meet.

OP has been updated with links to photos :-)

Missing names filled in.

How long did you guys go on after I bugged out?

Yep, Meet evolved to Mana Bar :-)

Doc Forrest has Marvel vs Capcom hax.

I honestly had never played that game before in my life. That being said, I absolutely dusted Reaperman.

Wish i'd gone to the marvel vs Capcom... but I hate the mana bar..... so meh.

I rule at that game, spent a good $500+ during my surgery days when I couldnt work, simply perfecting that game..... MVC2 that is, not the abomination that was MVC3. So much broken, such bad animation frames..... it never got big for a reason....

Anyway, that night is my idea of perfect. Good people, good food, a bit loud.... but educated, however laid back, discussion all night.

If every night of my life was like that meet, I dont think I'd ever have a sad day, because no matter how bad it was, I'd be able to unwind with friends (who want to talk about more than vidya games).

Thanks for coming out all :)

I am sorry, that has interfered... But this theme is very close to me. I can help with the answer.