Sign in to follow this  
redrob

27 INCH MONITOR TO SUIT HD 7950

Ok you guys I HAVE JUST DONE A NEW UPGRADE of my mobo ASROCK z77 3570k pcu and i now have a job and am saving for a NEW MONITOR,27 INCHES IM thinking to suit my HD 7950 gpu ANY IDEAS WILL BE AWESOME , i think my CHIMEI 24 INCH IS ABOUT To die as its seems harder to turn on when i restart.im thinking AROUND 600 cheers

Edited by redrob

Depending on just how much of a hurry you're in, wait for Dell to put the U2713HM on sale again.

Awesome nich thanks .ill wait .should I just check the dell site now and then.

Yep cool thanks Dasa i just checked the dell site 30% of looks like the go Cheers .

So what is everyone's thoughts on the yamakazi.me being a part time gamer am I going to notice a difference between the dell and the cheaper.yamakazi.

Come on guys and gals will I notice a diffetence between these 2monitors

People who own a cheap $300 panel are probably not going to also own the same panel wrapped in Dell smoothness for over twice the price, so if you're expecting a direct comparison...

People who own a cheap $300 panel are probably not going to also own the same panel wrapped in Dell smoothness for over twice the price, so if you're expecting a direct comparison...

Get the dell the warranty is worth the difference in price I personally believe that the catleap monitors are worse then the dells as I've used both.

Just a heads up redrob, if you plan on playing graphics intensive games like BF3 you won't be able to play it at a the native resolution AND all the bling turned on.

Monitors with a resolution of 2560 x 1440 (or more) take a lot of GPU power to run. I have a 7970 and still have to turn some bling off if I want to have >60 FPS smoothness.

Having said that, if you plan on playing games like SC2, DotA, Mass Effect 3, etc, you'll be fine and it'll look great.

Side note: Was the sporadic yelling in your post intentional? When people type in ALL CAPS I always thing they're yelling :)

Edited by Electr0

Thanks heaps guys yep the dell it is.so sorry for the caps.I have disgust eyes.and I'm typing in a poxy small phone.thanks again everyone for your awesome advice

Since moving to a 120Hz monitor, I cannot go back to a 60Hz. Not only is gaming more pleasing, but just your regular office tasks feel so much nicer.

Every time I have to use a 60Hz, I feel like the computer is running like crap and something is wrong with it. I have two monitors and my second is 60Hz, and even I feel like my beast of a computer has a problem with it when I move over to that screen.

If that Dell is 120Hz, I'd be sold on it otherwise, my 27" Samsung 120Hz is just too nice for the price ($400-$450).

Since moving to a 120Hz monitor, I cannot go back to a 60Hz. Not only is gaming more pleasing, but just your regular office tasks feel so much nicer.

Every time I have to use a 60Hz, I feel like the computer is running like crap and something is wrong with it. I have two monitors and my second is 60Hz, and even I feel like my beast of a computer has a problem with it when I move over to that screen.

If that Dell is 120Hz, I'd be sold on it otherwise, my 27" Samsung 120Hz is just too nice for the price ($400-$450).

trying to find a couple of 24" 120hz ones for myself right now...

Nope, it's just the 60

Shit noooo I just sent the money through today.so is a 60hz so much worse.wonder if I can cancel the Dell

Go find a 120hz and 60hz LCD and compare? Only you can tell if you notice or not.

Took me all of 2 seconds to notice the difference. But it took an almost side by side comparison to really appreciate the difference though.

2560*1080 looks like both an awful resolution and awful pixel density at 29" : \

2560*1080 looks like both an awful resolution and awful pixel density at 29" : \

^ This.

Just go by a 30" TV. Would probably be better :P

120Hz is not the be all and end all. People have been using 60Hz monitors ever since LCD panels were first fabricated and CRTs when the way of the dinosaurs.

You have to remember that in order to make full use of the 120Hz you need a machine powerful enough to run your games at 120 FPS, which in itself is a challenge.

I have the U2713HM and I think it's great. Sure, I've never done a side-by-side comparison to a 120Hz monitor, but my no means have you made a bad purchase / investment.

Omg wtf. So if I get a tv what sought should I get.I checked pc case gear coz u live in anothet part if this Lucky Country its going to cost me 100 bucks shipping to Darwin.total 659.so are you saying electro I should just get another tv.I'm getting royalty confused now.I thought a pc monitor wad that and a tv was a tv.thanks for your advice

^ This.

Just go by a 30" TV. Would probably be better :P

120Hz is not the be all and end all. People have been using 60Hz monitors ever since LCD panels were first fabricated and CRTs when the way of the dinosaurs.

You have to remember that in order to make full use of the 120Hz you need a machine powerful enough to run your games at 120 FPS, which in itself is a challenge.

I have the U2713HM and I think it's great. Sure, I've never done a side-by-side comparison to a 120Hz monitor, but my no means have you made a bad purchase / investment.

just curious in order to fun games at 120fps what type of beast would I need please.maybe I can upgrade in a few years

O

Chuck on fraps now and see if your games will run at >80fps. That's the point I really start noticing the difference.

If you have to turn down graphical details then so be it. Only you can decide if that's still pleasing for you to play. Your CPU and video card should be able to do it at 1080p even if you have drop down the level of detail a bit.

Bf3 is my most graphically intensive game and I have sli gtx 670s. I have adjusted my settings to what would mostly equate to medium so I can get 100fps+. With everything turned up it will do 60-80 easy but I prefer the silky smoothness as it improves my target acquisition.

Omg wtf. So if I get a tv what sought should I get.I checked pc case gear coz u live in anothet part if this Lucky Country its going to cost me 100 bucks shipping to Darwin.total 659.so are you saying electro I should just get another tv.I'm getting royalty confused now.I thought a pc monitor wad that and a tv was a tv.thanks for your advice

Sorry, sarcasm is hard to convey over the internet. The point I was making was that if you get a 29" monitor at ____ x 1080, then like Nich... said, the pixel density will be terrible. You would probably be able to see them (the individual pixels) clearly if you were only sitting an arms length away.

just curious in order to fun games at 120fps what type of beast would I need please.maybe I can upgrade in a few years

Have a look at my rig in my signature. I have a 27" 2560 x 1440 Dell monitor and my 7970 will get about 50 FPS in BF3 with all the bling turned on.

Also, see justo316's comment above.

a 120hz monitor is only going to be worth it if you have the hardware to run your games at 120fps.

With a 27" 1440p monitor a single 7950 isn't going to be able to accomplish that on any games with high graphics (metro last light, crysis 3 etc.) so its really not something to fuss over.

TBH, if you're only planning on the single 7950, you probably would be better off with a 1080p screen, but then, you've already ordered and you won't be disappointed.

Sorry, I didn't read page 2, its already been pretty much said/explained :P