sonofjorel88

XBOX ONE

Thanks TheFrunj.

Anyway what ever they decide they will have to set it in stone soon and get the production rolling.

ddr3 prices have doubled in the last 6 months from ~$40 for 8g 1600 to ~$80 apparently there was a oversupply and now a fair bit of the production has shut down

this may influence xbox choice to move to faster ram like gddr5 more than anything if it affects there price it may not if they have a fixed contract price already in place

ddr3 prices have doubled in the last 6 months from ~$40 for 8g 1600 to ~$80 apparently there was a oversupply and now a fair bit of the production has shut down

this may influence xbox choice to move to faster ram like gddr5 more than anything if it affects there price it may not if they have a fixed contract price already in place

You'd think MS would have contracts in place to protect them from things like that.

And as TheFrunj stated, changing the RAM type at this stage would be almost impossible without delaying the release considerably.

At this stage it's all just rumours. We'll find out soon enough what the case really is.

Xbox One Release Date 22 November 2013 in the regions previously named including Australia .. at the time of posting this there was nothing on PC&TA top page, but by the time you read this there likely will be.

Interesting to see how it pans out 1 week later in North America than PS4, and 1 week earlier than PS4 in the EU countries that are going to get Xbox One at launch .

Edited by Waltish

Guest xyzzy frobozz

My fearless prediction/speculation:

Xbone store to offer all games as digital downloads at a substantial discount.

You probably didn't hear it first here, but you did hear it here...

My fearless prediction/speculation:

Xbone store to offer all games as digital downloads at a substantial discount.

You probably didn't hear it first here, but you did hear it here...

It would be nice...being expected to pay $100 for a digital download is slightly ridiculous.

Yah It will probably go that way down the track a bit when they are ready to push it towards an all digital market, I cant speak for XBL but at the moment on PSN many digital versions are holding their price while the disc versions are seeing price drops, to be fair though on PSN when the prices come down they are worth the wait even if it can take a long long time for a big seller.

But you may be right it might happen sooner rather later.

EDIT: Hey NukeJockey you posted while I was typing. Yah I reckon the publishers justify it by having the special content for the digital release , but still hard to see why so much given the reduced production and distribution costs for digital releases.

Edited by Waltish

Anyone picking one up at launch?

I think I'd be sold if Titanfall was a launch title, but without that I'm trying to work out if there are enough exclusives up front to justify not waiting a little while. I keep hearing that the Xbox One has "by far" the best games at launch but I'm not seeing it - what are the most anticipated? I don't dig racing or sports games and am not much of a Killer Instinct fan.

I'm getting a PS4 at launch and will be all over Killzone, but other than that I think an overwhelming majority of the things worth playing in the new gen are so far multiplatform.

I'm definitely getting both consoles, it's only a matter of timing.

Guest xyzzy frobozz

Yah It will probably go that way down the track a bit when they are ready to push it towards an all digital market, I cant speak for XBL but at the moment on PSN many digital versions are holding their price while the disc versions are seeing price drops, to be fair though on PSN when the prices come down they are worth the wait even if it can take a long long time for a big seller.

But you may be right it might happen sooner rather later.

EDIT: Hey NukeJockey you posted while I was typing. Yah I reckon the publishers justify it by having the special content for the digital release , but still hard to see why so much given the reduced production and distribution costs for digital releases.

They do it because you can't re-sell the games.

John Gillooly wrote up a really good article about how not having games locked to the account wasn't going to be good for the consumer, as the publishers had to build in losses through second hand sales into their disc prices.

I lol'ed with them!

Well as I mentioned, I think the theory goes that because you can't resell your digital copy the publishers could sell it to you cheaper. But yeah, I don't blame you for being cynical!

Neither console has convinced me on a day one purchase, but being a PC gamer that was bound to happen. Unless they get some more exclusives I actually like, I probably won't buy either console for 6-12 months after release.

Neither console has convinced me on a day one purchase, but being a PC gamer that was bound to happen. Unless they get some more exclusives I actually like, I probably won't buy either console for 6-12 months after release.

I agree 100% there . Rather wait until they fix the bugs a release better versions .

I agree 100% there . Rather wait until they fix the bugs a release better versions .

that pretty much sums up my thoughts.

Day one purchases these days are so risky, ya never know wtf you're going to get. I still have nightmares about "The ring" (not to be confused with the movie, the xbox ring was far more scary)

I guess since I can't be bothered with PC gaming anymore (even though I still think it's great, just lifestyle wise less suitable), the consoles are keeping my gaming alive nicely.

I can understand the day one hesitations, I've had a PS3 bluray drive die on me twice(..!), my 360 is super late in the cycle so hopefully no RROD to worry about but I'm sure most early 360 adopters can remember well how much crap people went through.

But screw all that. I'm in.

I think I played the copy of Fifa that came with my PS3 a whole once, but I can see why it's being done I guess. I assume it's to do with Sony sponsoring Soccer and very little of the European region (or anywhere else outside of the USA) would care for the Madden push and NFL sponsorship going on in the USA.

Edited by Ihsan

If they were offering Forza 5 or DR3 as a preorder incentive, then it may help bridge the gap for me, but as far as I'm concerned, that copy of Fifa is worth around $0 to me, so a pointless bundle anyway.

If they were offering Forza 5 or DR3 as a preorder incentive, then it may help bridge the gap for me, but as far as I'm concerned, that copy of Fifa is worth around $0 to me, so a pointless bundle anyway.

I already pre ordered and layed down $10 deposit for a day 1 "just in case" so getting something "for nothing" at this point is nice though I'd much rather prefer Dead Rising 3. Soccer and Racing games hold zero interest for me.

It could have been any other sport and I would have smiled with glee

I think there is great potential in the Xbox One (and also PS4), but not enough to convince me to get back into console gaming.

Although I still follow the news and updates closely.

About a month away from release date and haven't quite figured out what I should get as the first title.

I guess I'll get the most value out of Battlefield 4 and maybe Watch Dogs.

Though Titanfall, Dead Rising 3, Thief do have my interest

edit - I had no idea Elder Scrolls Online was coming to X-Box One.. Ooooooooooo

Edited by TheMojorising

Can someone confirm the FIFA 14 key is still available with Xbox One Pre-Order? Doesn't seem to be advertised on JB or EB sites anymore ><

About a month away from release date and haven't quite figured out what I should get as the first title.

Maybe consider Ryse: Son of Rome? It will be the game I play on launch day, looks pretty rad.

Can someone confirm the FIFA 14 key is still available with Xbox One Pre-Order? Doesn't seem to be advertised on JB or EB sites anymore ><

FWIW they're still advertising that offer on the window of my local (Tas) EB.

Maybe consider Ryse: Son of Rome? It will be the game I play on launch day, looks pretty rad.

FWIW they're still advertising that offer on the window of my local (Tas) EB.

Yeah Ryse looks nuts too - curse not having enough time or money.

But I think I might start buying games whose focus on single player much later on when the price drops. Buy the big multiplayer games on launch ....

Edited by TheMojorising

Xbox Australia released this video about Forza 5 and it's integration with Bathurst and V8 Supercars.

I'm a bit tempted to look for one tomorrow. The impression I got is that it may not be that difficult. I'm pretty sure I want one because I'm hyped as hell for PS4 and it's rubbing off on the the Xbox. None of the TV stuff will work in Australia and who really wants to "snap" an app to the side and reduce your gameplay size? Ah well we'll see how it comes out in the wash, but I know Titanfall looks good.