Sign in to follow this  
Jeruselem

Nokia 920 gets two sisters 925 and 928

*shrug* wait for the Nokia EOS - effectively a Lumia 920 fitted with an updated 808 PureView camera module.

http://www.gsmarena.com/report_of_nokia_eo...d-news-6058.php

I'm enjoying my low-end WP8 Lumia, but damn I miss having a decent camera in my phone and the 808 is still the best cameraphone. I've been waiting for Nokia to work the 808's 41 MP supersampling into a Lumia - hopefully with OIS as well, and ideally a xenon flash too. Really looking forward to the finished product.

Edited by thesorehead

I guess I can wait. I do have a Canon 10MP camera anyway so the camera on the phone isn't gonna be huge issue

I guess I can wait. I do have a Canon 10MP camera anyway so the camera on the phone isn't gonna be huge issue

Haha you say that now, and of course a digicam is going to be better in certain situations ... but for everything else the 808 is better than your Canon. So if they can get an updated version of the same tech into a phone with WP8 (i.e. an OS with a future) then, I'd say that the convergence of camera into the all-swallowing smartphone is a done deal.

GSMA had a pretty comprehensive write-up of the 808, including this blind test:

http://www.gsmarena.com/pureview_blind_test-review-773.php

Also, don't forget to check out their excellent photo comparison tool:

http://www.gsmarena.com/piccmp.php3?idType...idCamera2=30001

^_^

With game changing camera technology, and arguably the most fluid and intuitive operating system, the Nokia EOS should be something epic. A lot of "leaked" photos have been appearing online, strangely the megapixel count printed on the camera module reads 'XX'. Surely, given the tech is assumed to be the same as in the 808, the megapixel count would be no secret? Or potentially, Nokia are still undecided as to how to market the phone to consumers - 8MP, or 41MP.

It's probably bollocks, but I like the idea that "XX" is a hint at a 20 MP, 1/1.3" sensor, meaning large pixels (like HTC's "Ultrapixels"). Imagine that, plus OIS, PLUS PV-supersampling with lossless zoom.

I know I'm a bit of a fanboi, but I'm super-excited for the sheer floor-wiping potential of this device. I got my 620 because I wasn't quite sure about current flagship WP8 devices. This one has a lot to prove, but it's looking more and more like it will meet the grade and if it does, I'm IN!

Edited by thesorehead

They look interesting, but I'll stick with my 920...not enough amazing difference to warrant getting a new one.

The EOS sounds interesting though. Will wait until more concrete details get released though. If it is what it says it will be, should be quite awesome.