Sign in to follow this  
te0p

Android LED Torch for Note...

My phone recemtly updated to Android 4.1.2

Before this update, in the last update (i forgot which android version it was, probably 4.1.1) It came with a torch widget which was really good compared to the apps that can be down loaded. Only problem was it sometimes wouldnt work and the phone needed to be re-booted. But when it worked i was great because it would do 3 levels of light with each press. soft medium and full.

When the phone updated it was Gone, no more. I thought they might have upgraded it. nope.

Also, they used to have a widget where you could display your most common settings you like to adjust. I used to like to be able to quickly adjust Screen time from 15 to what ever depending on what i was doing. and it would also determine screen lock.

Now i have to go to settings, Display and screen timeout.. It is a bit sucky the new update...

How can an update go so backwards? Sure it looks nicer, but it is missing all the stuff i liked. (the S-pen utilities are alot better and the pen works better..so that is some conciliation.)

So can anyone reccomend a torch app that does 3 levels of light with a widget and dulls the screen at the same time? and dosnt require rebooting when it decides not to work?

I'm still on the latest stable cyanogenmod for my note; torch app is in the pull down quick bar at the top.

What missing features\present bugs made you update?

Edited by Master_Scythe

Nothing really. I just had it set to update and it prompted me so i did. Kind of regret it now. I was happy with the way it was before.

It seems to have all the stuff the S4 is upposed to have... camera monitors your eyes to turn off the screen (dosnt seem to work though)

Multi Window option

The S pen works better though, i imagine much like in the Note 2. And the S note options are better too.

Blocking is there...not sure what it is meant to do.

And a stupid squashy sound for when i press the screen...

I like some bits... but prefer it the old way it think. I would ask what cyanogenmod is...but ill have a search for it.

I really liked the native torch with preious upgrade though...

I'm on 4.2.2 and still have the torch, it's under widgets. Been there every release I recall using.

Check the app store if you can't find it, there are free torch apps.

I have a Samsung Galaxy Nexus, and the first app that was compatible with the rear LED at launch was Flashlight:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?...ashlight.washer

It has a widget, but it's basically just a shortcut to enter the app and turn it on. Does everything I want it to do (i.e. make light) but has no graduated light settings.

te0p, in laymans terms, Cyanogen Mod is just a custom rom for multiple devices.

The aim is to have a faster OS, more akin to Googles Android (as opposed to TouchWiz used on Samsung).

You lose the SPEN functions, but thats all, it still works as a normal tablet pen.

I prefer it 100X to the touchwiz UI samsung uses.