Sign in to follow this  
ahimoth

I'll make it fit.

My biggest Dilemma is whether or not the Swifttech H220 or any decent 240 mm rad will fit in the KL04B I took some rough measurements today and I think it will but I wasn't too sure. If it doesn't fit then I may have to consider getting another case something like the Corsair 350D

A bit of background information I guess. So a few months ago I bought a budget rig when I couldn't get the rig I wanted as I had some unexpected fines bills to pay >.<. I got a really good deal for it too.

Silverstone KL04B

Silverstone Strider 750w

Asrock Z77 Extreme 4 M

Corsair Vengeance 8Gb 1600Mhz

Antec Kuhler H2O 920

Galaxy GTX 660 TI 3GB

So ever since I bought it I was just blown away by it because I went from gaming on my crappy laptop to a rig finally after so long. I know I wanted a high end rig when I started looking at what to buy and I guess I still do. So I've just been throwing around money thinking about where I could maximize my funds right now to get what I want. I think another $600-800 would do, but at the same time I want to game in Eyefinity. So it just eats away at my war chest.

I'm currently gaming on a 32 inch led tv and that's done me well. I sort of just bought the pc and then used a tv laying around the house. So three LG EN43T-B 22in Widescreen LED Monitor would set me back $417 add a Sapphire Radeon HD7970 GHz Edition 6GB Vapor-X Edition and I've already broken my budget by about $200 or one monitor (I'm sure I can come up with a few bucks here and there though)

I was also eyeing some NF-F12 fans to replace my 7 Bitfenix Spectre Pros.

So sub total is:

$1190.00 ($1,016.00 with no fans)

I had also wanted to get the Swifttech H220 but obviously couldn't if I decide to go the route above. I'm curious as to what you guys think, is taking the eyefinity route really the smart thing to do? I mean it's what I want and probably will never be happy until I get it. I could always just do an incremental upgrade but would have to plan ahead for it. If I don't go eyefinity I can drop down to the cheaper priced 3GB Vapor X, get one screen, get the fans and get the H220 (plus thermal paste which is like $10)

One LG EN43T-B 22in Widescreen LED Monitor $139

One Sapphire Radeon HD7970 GHz Edition 6GB Vapor-X Edition $599

One Swifttech H220 $148

Five Noctua NF-F12 PWM 120mm Fan $145

One Noctua NT-H1 Thermal Compound $9

Total $1041

I can save some money by dropping the Noctua NF-F12's for their Corsair counterparts and use two of my Bitfenix fans as rear intake and bottom intake.

Two Corsair Air Series AF120 Performance Edition Case Fan Twin Pack $78

Total $974

The reason I want the fans is that they seem to be the best fans, the ones I currently have are a bit loud and don't really provide that decent airflow from what I've read. I'd like to OC my CPU to get more out of it as it OC's quite well but I don't think my 920 would be able to handle it when up against the H220. If I could find buyers for 660Ti and 920 I would probably be able to afford everything. Selling the gpu for ~$200 and cooler for sub $100 or what ever I could get for them.

So it would be great if I could get some input on the matter. Maybe some of you have some experience being in these sort of situations and could shed some light on it for me.

Edited by ahimoth

Bump

Wouldn't mind some people's input on this matter >.<

I looked at other cases and the only one which really stands out is the corsair 350D. I've always wanted the CM Storm Trooper but the fact that I had to mod it to ever get a 360 in there is annoying. So at least with the 350D I can do with one regular 240 and one ultra thick 240. Overall I really don't want to get rid of the KL04 both for money issues and also for the fact that it's such a well built case and if it wasn't for the fact that they decided to have some weird side intakes it's basically the same as the 350D in it's cooling options.

you have the case not us if your measurements say it will fit go with that

stick with your current fans for the case and use the swiftech fans on the rad you wont gain much for all the money you would spend replacing them

if you were to put new fans on the rad i would go with scythe gt 1850 although they may perform a little worse due to the lower rpm they should be quieter although not silent as they make a little baring noise

I kid you not, a similar dilemna as this was the reason I bought a new Dremel 4000 kit. It's a fair solution if you're an enthusiast- just make sure you get the right tips for the specific types of metals and types of plastics you'll be cutting/grinding/drilling.

I kid you not, a similar dilemna as this was the reason I bought a new Dremel 4000 kit. It's a fair solution if you're an enthusiast- just make sure you get the right tips for the specific types of metals and types of plastics you'll be cutting/grinding/drilling.

Same reason i bought mine, needed to get a radiator into a smallish case and was sick of using the nibblers.

Make it fit !!

I was told i'd never get 2x 240mm and a 120mm rad 'inside' my corsair 600t.

I made them fit.

So i bet you can't do it ;)

Edited by st8smn

Same reason i bought mine, needed to get a radiator into a smallish case and was sick of using the nibblers.

When I see 140mm fans/rads, I basically view them as 120mm compatible now :D

When I see 140mm fans/rads, I basically view them as 120mm compatible now :D

I have 700mm of rad inside my arc midi which is not a large case, so if there is a will there is a way.

+1 to just make it fit