Sign in to follow this  
Master_Scythe

Share your bogan activities

/gets into character.

So Cobber, I recon bein' true blue requires a lil bit'o the ol bogan culture sneakin' inta ya daily life.

Unless ya already done the hard yards, or ya missus manages to bring home the bacon (we're talkin outside the kitchen), then I'd wager we' all guilty o'a'lil Boganism.

ahem anyway; As I was realising I really, REALLY need a hair cut, stepping out of the shower with my head dripping and hair well below my eyes; it dawned on me that this was never going to dry by morning. So, as I stood there, with my workshop heat-gun, held at max arms length, drying my hair, I had that brief inner conflict between logic, and boganism.

"Man I should buy a hair-drier. Wait... I have a stronger one right here though.... why would i spend the cash? Ok its a little too strong, but it works at a distance"

On top of that, I live 1km from the best fish and chips in QLD i'd dare say, so I'm also guilty of the paper bag with the corner torn out, wearing thongs and a Tshit way over sized (from before i lost the 45+kg). Its a sunday splurge

So I thought it'd be fun to share. What are your embarasing bogan habits?

Do you homebrew in a bathtub?

Maybe the pair of thongs you wear has giant holes (but its still good mate!)?

Is your sunday guilty pleasure wearing the ripped blue singlet and BBQing over an old drum?

Maybe you have "broken commodore pride" in your blood, where duct tape means its NOT broken at all.

I'm sure using a heat gun as a hair drier isnt the most out there thing we've done here. Sure it can strip flesh, but just keep it at a distance :P

So I thought it'd be fun to share. What are your embarasing bogan habits?

Life in general.

Nothing is ever broke, just re-purposed.

bogans should be classed as 'indigenous' on centrelink forms, save any confusion.

st8sman, its no fun without examples :P

Is that a request for my life story ? :)

I'll put examples shortly ...i have to go out for a bit

Your hair was below your eyes and you were worried it wouldn't dry before morning?

You poor thing!

I once needed to make a cheesecake didn't have beaters or a whisk, so I used a milkshake maker.

If i was an intellectual geek it'd be called lifehacking. As a bogan geek, it's simply doing a bodgy.

I love all sorts of fancy food, but my guilty pleasure is a few bucks of chips and some crumbed sausages.

Shooting things hipfire with ratshot

Doing handbrake turns on my first driving lesson (in a shitty old holden)

Explosives on my birthday parties

1/3 of the population of a nearby town are my relatives

My father hates all modern technology

big enough list?

I have a Japanese car.

A Chinese wife.

Just about everything i eat is either Japanese, Chinese or Korean.

Just about everything in our house is Chinese or Japanese.

I do have a little plastic Australian flag....

Which was made in China :)

I repented of my boganism decades ago.

Does having a mullet and some fluffy dice for my car back in the eighties count?

Someone from here started a bogan forum, was funny as fuck

bogans are good value, the classic bogan isn't to bad of a creature but like any minority a few make cunts of themself.

also,

your not a bogan unless you have used hundred mile an hour tape to fix something that could maim or kill.. while wearing a wife beater

I have a Japanese car.

A Chinese wife.

Just about everything i eat is either Japanese, Chinese or Korean.

Just about everything in our house is Chinese or Japanese.

I do have a little plastic Australian flag....

Which was made in China :)

minus the wife, this is me too; however, just because you adopt someone elses culture doesnt make you immune to boganing something up (AKA. doing a dodgy)

i drove a VP SS bombodore for about 8 years, whole rear bumper held on by 100 mile an hour tape. My mrs atm said she would break up with me if i didnt get rid of that car, She said the petrol fumes gave her headaches. It was a fukn beast of a car and i got some sick burnout vids that il try to find when i get home from work.

I used to love smashing green tins too but after a few trips to europe i found out that the holy green tin is cat piss.

doesnt make you immune to boganing something up (AKA. doing a dodgy)

I really can't recall the last time I did something boganish, I generally do things the safe proper way

A love of ratshot and explosives does not a bogan make. It used to be just a fun everyday activity, like brewing nitro in the school lab and taking it home for tunnel building in the thick clay paddock or blasting some of the wall of the self built ironwood log fort. (It takes more in the batch than I'd use to do more than scorch that wood and send it on a little trip, amazing how well some stumps would hold together after a desiel and fertilizer hoist. Never did get allowed to play with the detonators sadly)

Sorry, bogan free zone here even with the head and facial hair established for my winter wooly phase of the year.

My first car was a VN commodore that had three separate coloured panels on it before I had to let it go =( I also like wearing trackpants whilst driving my VT Calais International. To be fair I'd never use tape to fix anything broken on it (I'd pony up the dosh to fix it properly). So I guess that makes me a more middle class bogan?

Oh, and Mad Max is one of the best films ever made.

I own a HQ statesman deville. I've also had a TX gemini($200), XF falcon ute($20), EA falcon($200)

Before i started balding i had hair down to my ass.

My dad and i drink 2-3 cartons of johnnie walker premium a week ,used to be bundy.

Kerbside collection week is better than christmas.

I've used canola oil to fill up a mates auto gearbox because it wouldn't select any gears (it worked)

I own several 'wife beaters'.

I once gave my motorbike a port n polish with a die grinder and shaved the head with sandpaper, put it back together with a weet bix box as a head gasket and gained 40-50% more power. I then toped it up with RC car fuel (nitro meathane/avgas) and gained another 20%

I have an aussie flag big enough to use as a shade sail.

Does that makes me eligible for bogan status?

you are the king of atomic bogans.

But you've got to make your own crown out of vb cans and rape tape.

-X

you are the king of atomic bogans.

*Borat voice*

Hi five