SquallStrife

Japanese TV is rad

I just watched a show where they put cameras in people's homes to investigate how their dog/cat was reaching some point of the house thought to be unreachable.

I watched a beagle puppy do this:

- pull a chair out from the dining table

- use it to jump on to the table

- see that the table was empty

- see some food on the kitchen bench

- jump down

- push the chair over to the kitchen bench

- jump to kitchen bench for noms.

Also a cat that figured out how to open the garbage container and retrieve empty treats packets for the dog. FOR THE DOG. So that the dog can then tear up the packet to lick it clean.

Dogs and cats are super crafty, and Japanese TV is rad.

Also, hello from Japan. Where everything is cute and/or rad.

Edited by SquallStrife

Japan is probably one of the places I want to visit before I die, so jealous right now :*(

I went in the last 5 years. I hope to move there, but they dont allow that yet. Also i need to get more fluent.

I was there for the 10yr anniversary for pokemon. The PokeCentre WENT OFF!

also i like that its constantly looping the pokemon centre music from the game, lol

also i like that its constantly looping the pokemon centre music from the game, lol

Does it come with sepaku lessons?

Japan is probably one of the places I want to visit before I die, so jealous right now :*(

One of the cheapest countries you can visit. Flights price too.

Definitely doable.

I hope to move there, but they dont allow that yet.

Pray to every deity that never happens...

Posted Image

"everything is cute and/or rad in Japan"

Yep, pretty much. Went there in February, totally going there again ASAP. If I could live there, I would. Not sure I'd move there permanently, but from what little I've seen I'd definitely consider it!

Speaking of which. I recently learned of:

yoshihiko and the demon king's castle

Yeah..

Welcome to Japanese TV.. It's what happens if they watch Monty Python and then make a series.

AD

Speaking of which. I recently learned of:

yoshihiko and the demon king's castle

Yeah..

Welcome to Japanese TV.. It's what happens if they watch Monty Python and then make a series.

AD

Behold the golden crocs!

:)

Beautiful place outside the cities, utterly bizarre tv, made funnier by the language, trust you have been to Akihabra?

Dunno about living there, get visions of Neuromancer :)

Cheers

Been to Akiba once, heading over again for sure. :)

Just got back from an overnight trip to Hiroshima and Osaka, both of which were utterly awesome.

The museums and memorials in Hiroshima were pretty chilling though.

Edited by SquallStrife

Get to know the Subway. You can get from anywhere to anywhere, quickly and cheaply. Once you have a grip on that, Tokyo is your bitch.

Watch an episode or two of DOMO then wonder what on earth people would ever think is nice to put it on clothing or items.

Its so bad. lol

Drop me a pm if you want to hang out! Akihabara is about a five minute bike ride from my uni. Can zip down there easily, depending on schedule of course.

What show was that, SquallStrife? That sounds like something I could spend 4 hours watching then wonder what I'm doing with my life.

17- I have no idea what it was called. Apart from some verbal phrases, and a little bit of kana, I don't understand much Japanese.

komuso- I'd love to, but we're on a pretty tight schedule, sorry dude! I'm just getting over my bronchitis, I've been sick since we arrived a week ago, so we've been taking it easy in terms of sightseeing. Now that I'm feeling a bit better, we're going to try to cram in all the stuff we deferred. :-/

Even my day of exploring Akiba is going to be reduced to a few hours of targeted visits to close out my shopping list.

No worries- thanks for sharing what you saw though :)

I went over recently.

That show is awesome. Also some of the dogs they have are insane (considering they don't have back yards). There was one with a newfoundland, and it just stood up and stole all the food :)

Also there was a show where a transvestite host guy, was trying to kiss like a 80 - 90 year old guy who was having none of it. - Kind of weird. I did get to see a show about the history of Pocky.

I recommend the Osaka Kaiyukan (Aquarium). It's 8 levels high!

Gundam Front Tokyo was good fun too, if you are a gundam fan.

Edited by TinBane

17- I have no idea what it was called. Apart from some verbal phrases, and a little bit of kana, I don't understand much Japanese.

komuso- I'd love to, but we're on a pretty tight schedule, sorry dude! I'm just getting over my bronchitis, I've been sick since we arrived a week ago, so we've been taking it easy in terms of sightseeing. Now that I'm feeling a bit better, we're going to try to cram in all the stuff we deferred. :-/

Even my day of exploring Akiba is going to be reduced to a few hours of targeted visits to close out my shopping list.

No worries. My girlfriend has been ill for a couple of weeks, and a few days ago she broke a rib in a coughing fit 0_0 Enjoy the rest of your trip!

Apparently its not that uncommon. When she said what happened, I called her something that kind of translates as 'uncool', and she doubled over in laughter and pain. Possible cartilage damage as well. She is surprisingly mobile despite the injury.