Sign in to follow this  
Amiga4eva

PS3 Borderlands 2 question

Question for Borderlands 2 players who play the PS3 version.

I have two local players playing through a game using characters on the same PSN account. When Player 1 starts the game, it's at the right spot, and Player 2 can join. Significant progress has been made in this game, right into some of the DLC. Player 2 can leave this game and Player 1 can continue the game solo, but Player 1 cannot leave and allow Player 2 to continue that game solo. If Player 2 starts a game without Player 1, they start right back at the beginning of the game (as though it's a new instance of the game) but at the right level, with all their gear etc from the 'other' game.

If Player 2 saves at any point in this 'reset' solo game, will it affect the game that Player 1 has in progress? (and Player 2 can join?). (Yes, yes... I realise this is starting to sound like one of those, "If train 1 leaves at 5:00PM travelling at 120Kph....." things, but anyway..) Basically I want to know if I can play a game myself separate from the game being played together, without interrupting the game being played together with myself and player 1...

Question for Borderlands 2 players who play the PS3 version.

I have two local players playing through a game using characters on the same PSN account. When Player 1 starts the game, it's at the right spot, and Player 2 can join. Significant progress has been made in this game, right into some of the DLC. Player 2 can leave this game and Player 1 can continue the game solo, but Player 1 cannot leave and allow Player 2 to continue that game solo. If Player 2 starts a game without Player 1, they start right back at the beginning of the game (as though it's a new instance of the game) but at the right level, with all their gear etc from the 'other' game.

If Player 2 saves at any point in this 'reset' solo game, will it affect the game that Player 1 has in progress? (and Player 2 can join?). (Yes, yes... I realise this is starting to sound like one of those, "If train 1 leaves at 5:00PM travelling at 120Kph....." things, but anyway..) Basically I want to know if I can play a game myself separate from the game being played together, without interrupting the game being played together with myself and player 1...

I have no idea specifically about borderlands, but I am pretty sure you can just make a copy of the 'Player 1' save on the ps3, and then give it a try? I assume you're both using the same console?

If they are both part of the same save file, I can only suggest getting your own PSN account, they are free and you can have multiple accounts on the same PS3.

Edited by p0is0n

Thanks mate. I get it. Of course, I'm console-retarded, so I'm going to ask if I make a new PSN account, I can't use a character from the other account - right? Basically, I want to still use my guy I've invested time in within this 2 player game, but also play my own solo game with him.. as I can't always get player 1 to be in the same room with me gaming as often as I like, but I feel like I can't play Borderlands 2 without them, due to this issue where they must be the one to start the game etc, and then I join.