I've only seen a few things so far but my highlights are already:

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt

Metal Gear Solid V

Thief

Dark Souls II

Watch Dogs

Battlefield 4

Anyone else watching?

Thoughts? Things you're looking forward to?

EDIT: Just saw some of Tom Clancy's "The Division".

Looks like something to keep my eye on as well.

Edited by Ezkaton

I'd love to be able to watch it but alas, work blocks most of those sites and despite being in IT myself, my boss micro-manages access to pretty much anything, like a champ.

Anyhoo, I'm looking forward to seeing more on BF4 and Watch Dogs. Maybe even MGS but only because I'm a Kiefer Sutherland fan.

When Dark Souls 2 is out, no other game will hold any relevance to me.

..... for a while.

BATTLEFRONT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have been asking a mate at DICE for ages about this and he has been VERY good at not giving the game away. Finally it is revealed!

Edited by phatbeat

New PS4 exclusive:

Posted Image

Looks a bit like dishonoured, but more FPSy (maybe).

New Killzone footage was next, and looks AWESOME.

quantic Dream's new video is awesome. watch it. I won't spoil it, but they are working on some crazy awesome tech for character anim / realism.

What does interest me,

Assassins Creed 4

Watch Dogs

The Witcher 3

TitanFall

The Crew

Star Wars: Battlefront

The others, Battlefield 4, Mirror's Edge 2, and NFS: Rivals, just not sure about.

Edited by Blue Fire

And surprise announcement of Kingdom Heart 3 for PS4...

Probably first to say "ABOUT BLOODY FUCKING TIME!"

And surprise announcement of Kingdom Heart 3 for PS4...

Probably first to say "ABOUT BLOODY FUCKING TIME!"

Yeap, Versus XV and KH3. We're done here.

PS4 available around Christmas time for $399. Nice.

So about $600 here in Australia??? :D j/k

Edited by millen

Let's hope it's similar to the XBone and STRAYA just gets a $100 increase.

Yeah guessing it would be for the base model, just makes it sound better than the $599 for the Xbox1.

$549

Boom.

PS4 used games policy totally unchanged.

No DRM.

Well played Sony, well played.

This is the kind of shit you get when people are too lazy/cheap to get a PC and pour all their money into consoles.

Shittier graphics - check

Dumbed down gameplay - check

Always on DRM - check

Exclusive titles - check

Rising prices - check

Subscription fees - check

All of this shit was tried on PC and got kicked the fuck out cos people don't have to put up with those shenanigans.

This is the kind of shit you get when people are too lazy/cheap to get a PC and pour all their money into consoles.

I'm neither too lazy or cheap to build a great gaming PC, it just doesn't suit me. I'm not saying console gaming is superior, but it does suit me. Sitting back on the couch is exactly how I want to play games. I grew up on PC gaming, even through my childhood, and I will NEVER be as competent in an FPS with a controller as I am with m/kb, but to me it doesn't matter.

Shittier graphics - check

Dumbed down gameplay - check

Always on DRM - check

Exclusive titles - check

Rising prices - check

Subscription fees - check

Not sure if this list is meant to be serious or if it was more angry rant..

Shittier graphics? sure, but the new consoles for me are still going to look awesome.

Dumbed down gameplay? Total utter bullshit.

DRM, yes - but you still get with some PC software, as you'll get it with some console software.

Exclusives, sure, but if there's ever multiple desktop OSs with comparable market share you'll find the same problem in some games.

Rising prices - what do you mean by that?

And lastly subscription fees - gotta give you that one. That's unfortunate.

Last console I bought was a brand new ps one back in 2000/01. I like how the console makers are doing absolutely nothing to make me want to buck that trend.

/goes back to play some gw2...

Shittier graphics? sure, but the new consoles for me are still going to look awesome.

Dumbed down gameplay? Total utter bullshit.

DRM, yes - but you still get with some PC software, as you'll get it with some console software.

Exclusives, sure, but if there's ever multiple desktop OSs with comparable market share you'll find the same problem in some games.

Rising prices - what do you mean by that?

Allow me...

1) While it's true that the next gen consoles will have superior graphics, that's only when compared with the CURRENT generation of consoles. At best, the next gen consoles will be as good as the current gen PC graphics. Keep in mind that when developers make a console game, they specifically optimize the game to run on the console's static set of hardware, so while it might look great for a year, that's as high as it's going to go until the next round of consoles. Whereas PC games will continueously take advantage of the latest hardware/software advancements. A well built, up-to-date gaming PC will always trump a console. Remember, there's a reason why they tried to pass off the PC BF4 footage at the XBone conference.

2) I could talk about the need for console to streamline their controls to make it easier for their players. I could talk about the entire genres missing from console. I could talk about the rise of indie games - outside-the-box, original game designs rising entirely out of PC gaming that has no hope of getting a decent sized audience on consoles. I could talk about the wealth of mods that extends PC games well beyond their use-by date. But I'll just point out, simply, that an exclusive to console game is that way to sell more consoles, an exclusive to PC game is that way because consoles can't PLAY THE GAME.

3) DRM is pretty much gone in PC now. Or watered down to the extent that it's no longer an issue. PC has always been the main testing ground for any dick moves publishers try to pull, and the battleground is littered with their tattered reputations brought down by outraged consumers. What little DRM remains on PC is mostly limited to account-based and offers little intrusion or hindrance to gamers or pirates. They were forced to ditch their efforts because people can simply choose not to play their games, there's plenty of competitors out there. But only 3 companies makes consoles, M$ backed down this time before they were afraid of losing business to Sony, what happens if they do a backroom deal ALL decide to enforce DRM? What are you going to do? Stop playing on consoles?

4) "but if there's ever multiple desktop OSs with comparable market share you'll find the same problem in some games." lol, will never happen. Macs are the consoles of PC, fixed, static and rightfully neglected. Open source OSs are the opposite of exclusivity so that's out too. What's left over is just Windows.

5) Take your pick. Games. Subscription fees. Even the console themselves. Cos it's not enough to just buy the console and two controllers any more. You need accessories, motion censors etc. And once you buy the console, they've got you. $80-$100 per game that you have to buy from their down digital distribution shops or an actual store. Want to pirate? Good luck jail-breaking your $300+ machine and risk it blowing up in your face.

Edited by Oracle X