Sign in to follow this  

So what's covincing you more so far?

33 members have voted

1. 1. Non-PC device 1 or non-PC device 2?

• PS4
    • XBONE

has anyone come across a decent side by side comparison of exclusives so far announced?

There's exclusive on the xbone? (that isn't halo?)

Didnt microsoft say they are pumping a heap of cash into the Xboner for the purpose of developing exclusive titles? Not that i can name any but i thought thats what they said.

word on the street is that the xb1 is sporting a nice lineup, only I don't know what it is. I mean you can google announced games but I'm looking for the quick summary of: here's what'll interest you...etc

On PS4 there's enough announced for me to want one, but I caught Sony's keynote and missed Microsoft's so that's the lineup I know more about.

At this stage I'm still learning towards the PS4, they have some developers under the sony publishing label, like naughty dog and sucker punch, who I think will do some amazing things with the next gen consoles. Rare, 343 and the other developers that MS have under their banner haven't really made any games that interest me so far, Forza 5 I may be interested in, but still waiting to hear about what steering wheels the Xbone will support.

Choice is easy for me...PS4.

Gran Turismo 5 and 6

Playstation 3 (4) Media Server

1080p output

Dust514

Plays old games

No always online dial home to play

The box design follows the Golden Ratio....

Choice is easy for me...PS4.

Gran Turismo 5 and 6

Playstation 3 (4) Media Server

1080p output

Dust514

Plays old games

No always online dial home to play

The box design follows the Golden Ratio....

I believe both consoles support up to 1080p for games, although the amount actually using it will be another matter. Both also support 4K for video.

The "old games" will be done through Gaikai streaming and not till next year sometime. I don't know if anything has been said as to whether it's any good or not. But will be interesting nonetheless.

Xbox One dropped the online requirement as of mid-last week.

Golden ratio sounds interesting, never heard of that before?!

I'm looking at X1, but won't be till at least mid-next year.

I'll chime in here. I was planing on getting both consoles on launch day due to the reasonable price points, then Microsoft tried to pull their arse fukery. I don't even care that they have reversed their stance on most of it. The fact that they tried to pull that shit means I will never buy an XBone. Fuck those arseholes.

I'm not very happy about having to pay Sony a hundred dollars a year to play my games online, but it pales in comparison to the list of bullshit from the Microsoft camp.

I'll be buying a PS4 on launch day, along with Watchdogs.

Once again, go fuck yourself in the arse forever with a chainsaw made of fire and hatred, Microsoft.

Shall point out that PS4 doesn't play PS3 disks. It can play some of the digital content, but you can't whack a PS3 disk in.

Either way. I'm STILL not impressed with either console. The game selection is .... average (but with prettier graphics than before. But not prettier than a PC). I loved my original playstation. I loved my original Xbox. I still occasionally pull out both. But that was back when both consoles realized they were game consoles. A method of having some casual gaming with save points for "Epic Adventures". But then all the other crap happened and they wished they became PCs. (eg. Skyrim. Fallout 3). That's where they proved to me that they were irrelevant. They didn't reduce piracy. They proved you could get a sub-standard game which works better on PC (Which requires tweaking because the developers didn't have time to do it properly for PC. Fortunately the mod community did)

Every generation of console makes me hate them more. They are a cool controller hooked up to an obsolete PC and PC gamers have to suffer because of it.

People talk about the graphics of the next games at E3. Cool story bro. Could do that on PC *YEARS* ago.

Get rid of consoles. Stop the cross platform crap. Allow the games to all come out on PC. Reduce overhead (By not having to cross develop for multiple platforms). All cool if Sony/Microsoft want to develop their own controllers to plug into PC to play games.

/end rant.

Truly. Latest consoles deserve my rant. They're crap. I'm doing most of what they promise with my media PC I setup with open source software, but years ago. Boxee PCs > Xbone/PS4

AD

Eventually consoles and PC's will morph into a single unit that does everything. Probably more a case of PC's absorbing consoles, rather than the other way around.

At this stage I'm still learning towards the PS4, they have some developers under the sony publishing label, like naughty dog and sucker punch, who I think will do some amazing things with the next gen consoles. Rare, 343 and the other developers that MS have under their banner haven't really made any games that interest me so far, Forza 5 I may be interested in, but still waiting to hear about what steering wheels the Xbone will support.

I'd say things are not looking so promising for existing peripherals. Would be good to get a complete definite answer still...

http://gigaom.com/2013/06/27/microsoft-mak...ild-off-kinect/

Third-party developers are also hitting snags with the Xbox One’s technology. Game Informer confirmed that current third-party systems, including custom controllers, simulation wheels, and even headsets, will not be usable through the Xbox One. Developers that are interested in creating compatible hardware must pay for a third-party license all over again — even if they’ve already developed for the company in the past.

Well fuck that. I paid $750 for a good wheel specifically for use with Forza on the 360 and be fucked if I'm going to buy another one, when this one is perfectly fine. Why they can't just have a policy like sony did with the PS3 is beyond me. Fuck you MS.

Just need to hope sony don't pull the same shit. People are still using the same generation of wheels now, to not support them would be an absolute bastard act.

Also dis, a years sub to psn+ is like $50-$60, not $100. $5 a month they say, which is pretty damn good.

Edited by NukeJockey

Play Station Plus is a value add to be honest , in the last 12 14 months I got Tomb Raider Under World , Darksiders , Space Marine, Mass Effect 3, Kingdoms of Amalur Reckoning , the full games with online passes where needed , also some other non AAA titles as well , all for free , there are others and also for psp and vita all free, and some discounts ont other games , and some further discounts on already reduced titles .

PSPlus is a win cost wise , would have cost me a pretty penny for those games , there are still others ready for me to choose, If I want to play them.

PS:: PSPlus will span PSP, Vita and PS4 , one account will cover all of them.

Edited by Waltish

I understand that PSN+ is good value IF you're going to use it. I've had it in the past and received more in free games than I paid for it by far. The thing is, for me, and I'm sure for many others, it's a waste of money. I don'y play games very much any more. I only play every now and again and am very particular about the games I play. I don't want their free games. I have no interest in them.

What I do like to do is about every three months or so is jump online with my best mate and shoot people on BF3. We'll get pissed, talk shit to each other and have a laugh. I don't like the idea of having to pay $5 a month in order to do this 3 or 4 times a year.

When sony first started psn+ I had a feeling they were looking to start charging it for online, but it wouldn't make sense for them to do it halfway through a consoles lifecycle, it was inevitable I suppose, if M$ can get away with it, then sony will want to try it. Although $5 4 or 5 times a year doesn't seem that bad to me, even if you only use it for 1 night of gaming, its not really a bank breaker.

I find it interesting how consoles didn't have widely used online capabilities or none at all, in fact I remember some companies saying they weren't interested in adding online play at all. Now they all expect us to pay for the privelege when PC has been doing it for 20 years.

I asked around the house the question. 2 said not sure, 1 said the xsucks. No votes for the PSPoor (Hooray for awesome nicknames, hahahaha). I'm not sure myself, me and my family didn't see the conference for the NextBox or the Piss4 (Yay for more nicknames, hahahaha, ok i'll stop).

I have made the wallet vote and got me a PS4 , am Glad I did, and will be keeping the PS3 for the foreseeable as well. This month Tomb-raider is in the PS3 PS+ instant games collection ( as in free).