Nan0_Seconds

BF4 + BF3 Q

I still cant fly choppers though haha.

I have found the choppers way easier to fly in 4 than 3.

Those scout choppers with the right gear equipped IMO are a better option than the attack chopper.

Having an engineer in repairing and also with SRAW is lethal against boats which seem the hardest vehicle of all to take down at the moment.

Overall I am enjoying BF4, crashing seems to have settled down somewhat.

Sorry should have clarified - choppers in ARMA 3

BF4 already got all the unlocks for the scout choppers, haven't flown the attack choppers all that much to be honest, like you said the scout ones are OP now.

Run mine with the 25mm cannons, ecm jammer, air radar and heat seekers.

Sorry should have clarified - choppers in ARMA 3

BF4 already got all the unlocks for the scout choppers, haven't flown the attack choppers all that much to be honest, like you said the scout ones are OP now.

Run mine with the 25mm cannons, ecm jammer, air radar and heat seekers.

Nice run mine the same for most part except laser guided can get a run depending on how many vehicles are on the board.

You get some nice splash damage from the 25mm cannons.

Which servers you guys joining? I like to play with a few people I know when I have the chance to game :-)

http://www.extremegl.enjin.com/

register with the site, do an application and tick the box for "I was asked to join by a member"

then they'll maybe want you on TS for a chat

Not very elitist, many many many many casual members, and if your interested in the clan matches - say it on your application

(Anyone else that is interested can do the same if they want)

Note to self: Time to start jihad jeeping me thinks - and live up to my emblem

Edited by corky

http://www.extremegl.enjin.com/

register with the site, do an application and tick the box for "I was asked to join by a member"

then they'll maybe want you on TS for a chat

Not very elitist, many many many many casual members, and if your interested in the clan matches - say it on your application

(Anyone else that is interested can do the same if they want)

Note to self: Time to start jihad jeeping me thinks - and live up to my emblem

eGL is the first real clan I actually bothered to join because of Bastion and Corky saying it was good, the admins and community is a bunch of Aussie and Kiwi battlers who love to game. These are are great bunch, some are a bit like use ,,,, 3x titans and RAID'd SSD's etc so most Atomic members will feel at home. Lol I manage 40fps and still enjoy BF4

BF4 is on special atm, seek it out in ~2 days a patch should resolve a lot of the issues with the game (Crossed everything)

BF4 with a squad of 5 clanners in Teamspeak, pushing the objectives and reviving / dropping ammo is a different game to randoms/pub gamers

Just knocked up a new emblem for myself

Posted Image

This is what I was using

Posted Image

I think I'll knock up a Joker one as well.

Edited by PointZeroOne

BF4 cannot run on spinning drives, the load times are crazy, i got a 500GB samsung EVO SSD the other day and loaded a fresh copy of WIN7 and BF4 on there and load times are only a fraction of what they where. Good times, highly recommend the SSD upgrade to anyone who hasnt done it yet.

China rising came out the other day (maybe it was early access, i got premium ^.^) and seems good, im glad the motobikes are back, they rock

It takes me like 3 minutes to load into a server

is everyone like 500 points ahead by the time you enter the server? It did my head in after a while. that extra 2 or so minutes worth of loading across a few maps adds up to quite a few lost points!

Haha, yeah, also the map in the browser loads in faster than the game client, can watch everyone run around for a minute before I get in

Finally got my first few games in, I've had no server or loading issues. The customisation screen sucks, it took me far to long to figure out how to change my kit. Otherwise it's the same solid Battlefield action.

Edit: I should add if anyone wants to squad up I'm on PS4 Sidekick-Trio

Edited by Akino

This is my performance when loading into a game

Look at that hdd usage!!

Posted Image

Also when I'm playing my ram usage is solid 3.8Gb used. I think I need more RAM!!

Edited by PointZeroOne

Is there a way to have BF4 on a SSD with the rest of Origin/games on a HDD or does it all need to be on the same drive? Also interested to know what software was used to display the resource usage in the previous post?

what software was used to display the resource usage in the previous post?

task manager.....windows 8

Edited by PointZeroOne

Is there a way to have BF4 on a SSD with the rest of Origin/games on a HDD or does it all need to be on the same drive? Also interested to know what software was used to display the resource usage in the previous post?

I had origin on C: and battlefield 3 on another drive no problems. I think I just installed it there from the beginning.

Don't think anything would have changed for the process of BF4 installation surely.

Short answer: maybe....

Long answer:

-> Application settings then Advanced tab

-> "Your games will be installed to the following location" - set BF4 to where you want it

-> Download and install BF4

-> Go back in to application settings and back into advanced tab and change back to the directory where your other Origin games are installed (so when you install another game from Origin it doesn't chuck it in next to BF4)

If you have BF4 already installed you can just cut and paste the folder to where you want it (run it and it should very quickly download and install itself)

I am pretty sure Origin will not move the game for you and it should see as it as installed

If not, well, Origin should take a page out of Steams game installation proccess

So I've got it already installed on a HDD along with all the other Origin and Steam games. Has anyone had success cut and pasting it to another SSD? I really don't want to have to go through the download/reinstall process if possible.

Cheers,

Peter

So I've got it already installed on a HDD along with all the other Origin and Steam games. Has anyone had success cut and pasting it to another SSD? I really don't want to have to go through the download/reinstall process if possible.

Cheers,

Peter

i tried doing that the other day when i upgraded to an SSD for BF4.. apparently you can do it but i failed, good luck lol

Cheers,

Peter

i tried doing that the other day when i upgraded to an SSD for BF4.. apparently you can do it but i failed, good luck lol

I have changed OS and done this.

1.Exit Origin and End Task if wont die

2. Rename or Move out of the way Battlefield 4 folder where it is m HDD

3. BF4 is now going to say 'Download' in Origin

4. Follow corky's Change where it will download/Install

5. Do a 1% Download of the game / folders

6.PAUSE DL and Exit Origin

7. Move (Copy if Space) and Overwrite the Part Download with HDD copy

8. Open Origin and it will Say Downloading then Installing 100% quickly

9. Do a Repair to be safe (Right Mouse)

10. use PBSetup.exe from Even Balance to update Pnkbutser

11. Play off new location

My Only other suggestion for Mixing Origin location HDD and SSD would be a NTFS Junction (see google for the what and hows)

Its funny when i join games im generally the first person in and get to cap at least 1 flag before the majority gets in, have to be careful though you'll be 1/2 way thru capping a third flag when a barrage of tank shells and jet cannons come at you from everyone else joining.

I still reckon the jets are to fast for this game, or maybe its just me having trouble lining shit up. attack chopper and the little bird i find easier to fly in BF4, im a useless fucken pilot but i can actually hover and rotate around a point to cap it.

SWEET!

Bought a basic BF4 key with the intention of getting Premium (can't afford it right now) and tonight found China Rising downloading for me :)

Its funny when i join games im generally the first person in and get to cap at least 1 flag before the majority gets in, have to be careful though you'll be 1/2 way thru capping a third flag when a barrage of tank shells and jet cannons come at you from everyone else joining.

I still reckon the jets are to fast for this game, or maybe its just me having trouble lining shit up. attack chopper and the little bird i find easier to fly in BF4, im a useless fucken pilot but i can actually hover and rotate around a point to cap it.

I reckon jets are pretty fast too. That doesn't help at all.

Not cool.