Nan0_Seconds

BF4 + BF3 Q

Its funny when i join games im generally the first person in and get to cap at least 1 flag before the majority gets in, have to be careful though you'll be 1/2 way thru capping a third flag when a barrage of tank shells and jet cannons come at you from everyone else joining.

I still reckon the jets are to fast for this game, or maybe its just me having trouble lining shit up. attack chopper and the little bird i find easier to fly in BF4, im a useless fucken pilot but i can actually hover and rotate around a point to cap it.

I reckon jets are pretty fast too. That doesn't help at all.

Not cool.

do yall pull back the power before doing the turn and set up the strafe? I get the jets so slow they nearly fall out of the sky before having to after burn and give max gas to get up and going again.

When you are lining it up you need to do little bursts as not to overheat the gun, then once you are zero'd in you can usually unload a full burst

What jets are ya talking about tho? some are faster/slower then others

Considering all the talk and patching with this game, I'm getting sick and tired of being one shotted by guys. On their end, I must look like a complete noob standing in front of them while they put half a round into me before I register I'm being hit.

not killed getting behind cover as much, BUT the fkn bullet exchange is still there... haven't been one shotted in a while (i do play a lot of HC so i really count tell how much is normal haha)

as to planes, watch this video by frankie it goes through a lot of the basics, yes it is a BF3 tutorial, but nothing much has changed except for the 'feel' of the planes

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kf29HmwA1P8

Finally got around to installing an SSD for BF4 yesterday. Decided on a Samsung 840 Pro 256 GB. I ended up moving all the Origin games (90GB) onto the SSD and leaving the Steam ones on the WD HDD. Only issue I had was with China Rising - had to delete the xpack1 directory and re-download/install to get this to work. It is a big improvement on load times for BF4.

I'm kind itching for second assault more then anything

Me too! Really looking forward to seeing how they've been reimagined with levolution since the China Rising maps have none.

Me too! Really looking forward to seeing how they've been reimagined with levolution since the China Rising maps have none.

Yeah second assault excites me too.

I'd like to see how they re imagined my fond memories of Firestorm.

Yeah second assault excites me too.

I'd like to see how they re imagined my fond memories of Firestorm.

Trololololol, that's all i remember from firestorm and caspian

player appreciation month starts in feb, apparently its double XP, a battlepack every day and all the pistols are unlocked. They probably needed to throw a carrot after yet again another horrible bug riddled EA launch

125gb patch gives us Mantle support .. for very modern AMD cards

people having sound issues

people having poo colored admin messages in the middle of screen very large font'

All so they can put out Second Assault soon

Took only one round of BF3 during the patch to remember it fondly and return to BF4's bosom again

125gb patch gives us Mantle support .. for very modern AMD cards

Mantle has now dropped

Catalyst 14.1

http://support.amd.com/en-us/kb-articles/P...ndows-beta.aspx

I've now got a WF3 290 and Its added 20-30 fps overall. Pretty nice, posts around the net are saying 50/50 for most people, some bug out and crash, some enjoy it.

My Improvements. (Recording from the CPU on both run's, not 3rd party capture cards, I don't have any)

To enable Recording of the Mantle renderer, (as game specific programs target DX libraries) you have to tell OBS to capture "desktop area" and not "program",.. Borderless Windowed mode BF4 works a treat here.

Using a shortcut key, enable before or after when BF4 is fullscreen windowless.

Edited by drawesome

I need to grab myself some video capture hardware.

I wanted to a similar vid yesterday.

I have Mantel up and running on my old 7950 everything seems to be working ok not that I can see much of a FPS increase in BF4.

Download the Star Swarm Demo from steam and you will see a boost with mantle.

Here are some numbers from star swarm.

== Configuration ==========================================

API: Mantle Scenario: ScenarioSHMUP.csv User Input: Disabled

Resolution: 1920x1200 Fullscreen: False GameCore Update: 16.6 ms

Bloom Quality: High PointLight Quality: High ToneCurve Quality: High

Glare Overdraw: 16 Shading Samples: 64 Shade Quality: Mid Deferred Contexts: Disabled

Temporal AA Duration: 16 Temporal AA Time Slice: 2 Detailed Frame Info: Off

===========================================================

== Results ================================================

Test Duration: 360 Seconds Total Frames: 14784 Average FPS: 41.07

Average Unit Count: 4130 Maximum Unit Count: 5492 Average Batches/MS: 853.16

Maximum Batches/MS: 2796.37 Average Batch Count: 23562 Maximum Batch Count: 110590

== Configuration ==========================================

API: DirectX Scenario: ScenarioSHMUP.csv User Input: Disabled Resolution: 1920x1200 Fullscreen: False

GameCore Update: 16.6 ms Bloom Quality: High PointLight Quality: High ToneCurve Quality: High

Glare Overdraw: 16 Shading Samples: 64 Shade Quality: Mid Deferred Contexts: Disabled

Temporal AA Duration: 16 Temporal AA Time Slice: 2 Detailed Frame Info: Off

== Results ================================================

Test Duration: 360 Seconds Total Frames: 9980 Average FPS: 27.72

Average Unit Count: 4016 Maximum Unit Count: 5245 Average Batches/MS: 584.55

Maximum Batches/MS: 1270.57 Average Batch Count: 25091 maximum Batch Count: 108890

Installed AMD 14.1 beta tonight. BF4 plays fine until I try to access settings (to try and select Mantle) then it freezes and requires restart. Any thoughts on whether this is a driver issue or a BF4 issue?

So I'm really liking Oman and Metro 2014 at the moment. Oman because it feels a lot different to me and the storm is cool. Metro cos it's like a tug of war and the new flanking routes are making things interesting. I've always liked it less for the farming aspect, but more for the challenge of trying to get my team over the line.

I never really liked Firestorm in the first place, but the new one is better to me. I just don't find it particularly interesting. Haven't managed to catch more than a couple short games on Caspian so far so I'm not sure what to make of it.

Overall, I like the changes and the new looks, but I hate that they are making the maps more and more cramped. I'm really missing the epicness of BF2 maps. The only map that comes close is Silk Road but it's just so boring with all the sand.

The Second Assault maps are a nice change from the China Rising maps which I never really liked except for silk road.

Caspian: Not sure if I like this map or not as I haven't played it enough. I do like when the antenna comes down that you can walk through it.

Omar: Cool change up with the dust storm. Finally get to dust of the IRNV and the FLIR attachments to gain visibility in the storm.

Metro: It's still a 320 and nade fest, however there are extra ways around choke points.

Firestorm: Haven't had much time on this one yet however Skid Loader FTW.

I also would like to see bigger maps, hopefully this will come with Naval Strike.

An interesting part or the Naval Strike blurb is this:

Carrier Assault game mode which is a re-imagining of the classic Battlefield 2142 Titan Mode

Can't wait for that.

Edited by Dan_2

yeah i loved titan mode. Conquest was boring compared to it.

I'm a bit wary as it's a re imagining....I'm wondering how it's going to work in giving players a reason why they can't storm the carriers until certain objectives are accomplished. And once they can, how will they get to it.....yep, boats and choppers, but they're slow and limited in numbers whereas 2142 had those things that shot you up in pods which got you there quickly.

Will be cool though. Just hope there's enough servers running it. So hard to find anything but conquest servers

I can normally find a game of TDM, Domination, RUSH and Obliteration pretty easy.

What I can't find is a game of Air Superiority with choppers. I think that would be good fun.

I think your right with the carriers in Naval Strike it will be boats and choppers me thinks.

If that’s the case they will need 2 x transport choppers on the map to make it work.

What I can't find is a game of Air Superiority with choppers.

They're part of air superiority already you just need to stay in the server long enough for one to come up.

Check this out.

I think it's looking pretty good. Hover Crafts and Ye Olde Cannons.

The way that trailer plays out looks like it's a Rush map, and a pretty cool one at that.

If only more people would populate the rush servers :P I can never seem to find more than 1 game going when I'm playing. Other times, it's all conquest large.

Naval strike seems to have a bunch going sniper, which isnt horrible unless you get under 40 players... then you just have snipers and people in vehicles. I like the maps though when they are full with 55+ people. I like the hover craft to get around quickly too. Getting good fps from these maps too:

4.7ghz / 1150core/3275mhz @ 1.187v

2014-04-04 02:41:12 - bf4

Frames: 22827 - Time: 240000ms - Avg: 95.113 - Min: 70 - Max: 124

2014-04-04 03:11:19 - bf4

Frames: 24035 - Time: 240000ms - Avg: 100.146 - Min: 54 - Max: 188

2014-04-04 03:19:44 - bf4

Frames: 23839 - Time: 240000ms - Avg: 99.329 - Min: 74 - Max: 135

Edited by gamble