the_vege

Left 4 Dead

Yeah.

The hard part for us in the other maps was finding a big enough lull to actually use.

The 10/20 second ones are great - if you've killed everything.

For some reason, we're usually battling a tank or a heap of specials when we get a lull :(

40% off this weekend if u did not notice. time to get ur mates without it to get multi player game of 2008

not sure when free play ends that was on as well

I have nearly all golds now due to good teams and some maps that have spots that are safe, just thought id add that :D oh and my best time on crane (possibly the hardest level) is 17mins anyone beaten me?

I got 17 mins too on crane.

quite possible to get 30mins+ on that if you know the trick. Have a friend that had 40mins.

Glitching the tank in crane? Yeah, we tried that, but gave up because we felt it was a little cheap =P

My best is still 16:40 or similar in the terminal.

I took advantage of the free Friday, (and Saturday, it got extended), with a mate.

God damn this is a fun, scary and well balanced co-op FPS. Bravo to Valve again!

Come mid Saturday we decided to take advantage of the 40% off offer too...

Steam Id is 'Periander', but don't hit me up to help for record runs just yet, still green... and a little brown.

I too have joined the ranks of owning this.

I've also jumped into the atomicMpc group

name is [b33r]Jester

anyone want to take me under their wing and help me detroy zombies?

Will pay you back by medic'ing for you in TF2 :)

Hm. Having troubles finding games? I've tried the openserverbrowser and I'm unable to find any internet servers. Turned off my firewall, can sporadically find games via the match making system but they're so few and far between that...well...going to assume there's a problem. Quite a few of the games I have found are always the same people in them?

Wondering if there's a reason my access to servers seems...limited?

Hm. Having troubles finding games? I've tried the openserverbrowser and I'm unable to find any internet servers. Turned off my firewall, can sporadically find games via the match making system but they're so few and far between that...well...going to assume there's a problem. Quite a few of the games I have found are always the same people in them?

Wondering if there's a reason my access to servers seems...limited?

The steam matchmaking system not working? Left4Dead servers don't get listed in the server browser afaik.

either that, or join the [ur=http://steamcommunity.com/groups/GA]GameArena[/url] and 3FL groups, and all of their servers will appear in a list to the right of teh "Friends now playing" list.

Just got the golden ticket on the sewer which is a piece of piss - stand in the little lift cage thing opposite where you trigger the horde.

You're un-smoker-able and still have a little room to move for the impending tanks. Woot ;)

Yea versus is still the best.

LIES.

Survival ftw.

I like the fact I can spend 15 minutes playing some (a few rounds of) quick intense gaming. It's god.

expert is so easy with a good team, I want insane level where like 2 hits from a common and your down and 1 hit from a tank and thats it.

Edited by nesquick

expert is so easy with a good team, I want insane level where like 2 hits from a common and your down and 1 hit from a tank and thats it.

So what you want is an 'impossible' difficulty?

yea one that defines pwned/owned/rape as a new meaning lol like you step out of the safehouse and wham your nearly dead.

I would suggest to do this maybe valve make some minor changes like the health of zombies could be

common: 250

boomer: 100

smoker: 350

hunter: 500

witch: 1500

tank: 10000

and change the damage they can do with each swing/pounce/drag.

hmm this would make a good mod for the game since you could then to make it remotely possible to win by adding good guns to the spawn.

Edited by nesquick

There is one. But you can only get to it by having your own server and enabling cheats to set (iirc) 'z_difficulty impossible' or (i think) by playing on the same server on expert and beating it over and over and over until the director decides to be harder on you.

I know there was an Impossible difficulty in the demo and it was in the full game too unless it has been removed since I last looked.

...Figured it out.

Edited by DR4K3