the_vege

Left 4 Dead

The games out and they lock the fucking demo...that sucks. I've played like 10 to 15 mins of the demo, I'm not spending my money on something I can't demo for more that 15mins...

They need the servers for the real game.

The games out and they lock the fucking demo...that sucks. I've played like 10 to 15 mins of the demo, I'm not spending my money on something I can't demo for more that 15mins...

Ah well you just have to miss out, but no problem ill kill a few extra zombies in your name!!

life goes on...

*shoots crawling zombie in the head with a shottie*

Game needs a less consolized interface.

It needs a fuckin' server browser for a start... none of this auto-matching shit.

Sucks.

I agree, however you can open a server browser by enabling console and typing 'openserverbrowser'

The consoleport-ness of it is somewhat annoying, but you can get around some stuff with the ingame console.

Edited by the_vege

Well i have played through all 4 campaigns now and must say they are sweet although the bots i had to do it with left much to be desired ie: one area on the airport one i had to destroy said barrier and then hold off the horde ect but like 4 times in a row i would get pulled off by a smoker then jumped on by a hunter which made for quiet an annoying 15mins.

Well i have played through all 4 campaigns now and must say they are sweet although the bots i had to do it with left much to be desired ie: one area on the airport one i had to destroy said barrier and then hold off the horde ect but like 4 times in a row i would get pulled off by a smoker then jumped on by a hunter which made for quiet an annoying 15mins.

well if you stopped having sex with them and just played the game. :)

well i might have to get this game even though i know litttle to next to nothing about it. :)

Edited by Darkmatter

Man just went to play the demo I downloaded 2 days ago and its locked. It makes sense to block the online co-op mode after the game was released but WHY BLOCK A DEMO?

I was looking forward to buying it but now this has really taken the sheen off. I know its sounds a lot like a case of sour grapes but wouldn't have wasted the quota if I knew I was going to be locked out.

Many of my friends are playing the full version and telling me "you have to get this!" sif I'm not going to just because I have a single player demo sheesh.

Ah well had to get that off my chest. Have fun with zombie blasting everyone!

Man just went to play the demo I downloaded 2 days ago and its locked. It makes sense to block the online co-op mode after the game was released but WHY BLOCK A DEMO?

I was looking forward to buying it but now this has really taken the sheen off. I know its sounds a lot like a case of sour grapes but wouldn't have wasted the quota if I knew I was going to be locked out.

Many of my friends are playing the full version and telling me "you have to get this!" sif I'm not going to just because I have a single player demo sheesh.

Because they needed the servers for the real game. They're not going to hold back the full release in any way by saving servers for the demo. It's hard enough to get on a dedicated server at the moment as it is.

And if they allowed people to just use the demo single player then they'd be selling themself short because the game isn't designed for single player.

Because they needed the servers for the real game. They're not going to hold back the full release in any way by saving servers for the demo. It's hard enough to get on a dedicated server at the moment as it is.

And if they allowed people to just use the demo single player then they'd be selling themself short because the game isn't designed for single player.

Yeah like I said I can see why they would remove the multi-player, but if they felt that the single player (which I wanted to enjoy for a bit longer) was so flawed why bother putting it in?

Maybe thats the idea then. They think it will be short lived and just want to get all the cash upfront. :(

Played through the first campaign with 3 mates last night and got up to the fourth level in the 2nd campaign before i went to bed, loving it so far, played the demo heaps aswell and im still not sick of it :P

*EDIT* As for the demo being locked, they stated that from day one, you should have read up on it before downloading it and then bitching about it :)

Edited by nukejockey

I think the secret to this game being a blast is:

1. you must like first person shooters

2. you must have decent players otherwise you just get raped (on exp/adv)

3. you need to play with friends for lots of "lol" moments

Played through the first campaign with 3 mates last night and got up to the fourth level in the 2nd campaign before i went to bed, loving it so far, played the demo heaps aswell and im still not sick of it :P

*EDIT* As for the demo being locked, they stated that from day one, you should have read up on it before downloading it and then bitching about it :)

It wasn't mentioned on the download page. Had exams so have been out of the loop. I'm not the only one a little miffed by it. It's not a big deal.

I was just stating my reaction. Besides why would I listen to you lucky SOB's that already have the game! ;)

Apparantly, you can still play the demo. I haven't tried this but someone told me you can launch the .exe from C:\Program Files\Steam\SteamApps\common\left 4 dead demo\

Multiplayer doesn't work, but you can play single player on the demo.

Maybe try this out.

Edited by the_vege

I think the secret to this game being a blast is:

1. you must like first person shooters

2. you must have decent players otherwise you just get raped (on exp/adv)

3. you need to play with friends for lots of "lol" moments

I'm just using it as the best manly conference call ever. I have 3 friends who I'm great mates with, the the thing being 2 of us are in Syd, and 2 are in Melb.

What can possibly be more fun than a manly conference call talking shit while splattering zombie brains?