Can't remember your login details? Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
Ezkaton

Gran Turismo 6

I've done it... took me about 10 tries.

I am using a wheel though, I don't know if you guys are on wheels or controllers.

I topped the gold time by a couple of seconds.

Thanks Ezkaton, your post pissed me off so much that I went back and got it in three goes :)

Actually martyr I've got mine almost turned off completely, except for the ABS, and I'm using a controller. I have found that the roof camera or exterior camera for these sorts of events is better, as you can see what's coming up better, and where the back end of the car is going. I think also for that last Goodwood Challenge, start in second gear instead of first to better control the launch, brake before the corners, but at the same time don't loose too much revs or speed - it does seem to respond better when going faster (which race cars are supposed to do). You also have to have the car positioned on track properly - keep left of right hand turns, right of left hand turns. And if you use the racing line, don't rely on it's braking markers, they don't adapt to the car you're driving, and you'll often brake too soon, particularly on the lead up to the end of the second long straight. You also need to watch for that corner at the end of the third long straight - too fast and you'll hit the wall, too far left and you'll hit the wall, too far right and you'll hit the stray hay bail that pokes out, but brake too hard and you'll loose valuable time. Also brake too hard, and like I said before, the car won't be as responsive, and you'll hit the wall. Have I mentioned the wall? Watch out for the wall.

Just reached International A, unlocked the 2011 Jaguar XKR-S, 1998 Lamborghini Diablo GT2, GT by Citroen, and some P.O.S. tuned Infiniti G35 this morning. I sold the last two immediately. So far my fave car has been the '02 Lotus Esprit V8. I purchased all the upgrades, and I also took the back wing off - it looks a lot better, and is a hoot to drive. The back end comes out very easily, yet it's also easy to catch and control, and it's one of the premium cars (which the other Esprit's aren't), so the detail is excellent.

Damn it, now I'm gonna have to go back to it again tonight and try and get it sorted. I'll give the other view options a go.

I usually role with as little electronic assist as possible but it did seem to help with this challenge. Like you said, so many walls! and man, they come at you quick in this thing! Now I've just gotta get gold! Were you using controller or wheel Mademan? I tend to think controller adds a fair bit of difficulty due to the on/off nature of the buttons where driving requires more progressive throttle control. Either way I'll keep at it. To be honest I hadn't played GT6 since I last posted here until last night so still need to get my eye back in.

Talking of cars, I think they've made some effort to not make every car sound the same this time round but they could still go to a lot more effort on that front I think. The sound could be a lot better or more varied at least.

I haven't unlocked a lot of cars but I'm particularly happy with the Corvette Racecar Concept ('61 I think) the AMG Vision GT Concept, and the X-BOW. I've been trying to do as many races as possible without having to purchase a car, except for the seasonal challenges which are a good bit of fun and good source of cash. I finally bought my old favourite though, the Skyline GTS-R '87 - the closest thing I could get to a VL Commodore :P

I finally bought my old favourite though, the Skyline GTS-R '87 - the closest thing I could get to a VL Commodore :P

Mah gaaaawd bro! Sick subwoofah! :P

I had the R32 GTR (or it might have been the GTS-T), always a safe bet, that and the S2000 (which was a freebie). I think the engine noises are great by GT standards, some of them are a bit the same, but then a lot of the cars in GT are the same, or similar, or in the case of racing cars, standardized. The most recent patch apparently enhanced the engine sounds somewhat, though there is still a bug where the game will play the exterior audio track in the interior view, if you watched the previous race replay.

Actually I was a bit peeved that there I was worrying about money, and then suddenly thought I'd check out the seasonal challenges, and BAM! Instant millionaire, and more free cars.

Edited by Mademan

I've done it... took me about 10 tries.

I am using a wheel though, I don't know if you guys are on wheels or controllers.

I topped the gold time by a couple of seconds.

Thanks Ezkaton, your post pissed me off so much that I went back and got it in three goes :)

Glad to be of assistance!