^ Agreed ^

I wasn't particularly interested in getting a smartwatch but the 360 has definitely piqued my interest.

Curious why they used an older chip in the 360, and why they're using an omap chip at all - I thought TI were out of that game, hence no more updates for the Galaxy Nexus : \

I think stretching the price a little to avoid some obvious pitfalls would be worthwhile, but shrug. Maybe they didn't want to compete with luxury watches, maybe there are other issues hiding.

I adore my Pebble Steel. The best part of it is that no-one realises its a smart watch, til they see me dismiss a notification from it. It is a great size, the battery life rocks, and it does exactly what I need it to: let me leave my phone in my pocket or on charge in the office but still get reminders, emails, messages and other notifications :)

After rocking my Pebble Kickstarter Edition for a while, I went and got the Steel edition, mainly because I was always scared of damaging the plastic housing or scratching the face. Steel removes those concerns and looks way more classy.

Metal band looks great but I can't use it as it catches on my arm hairs making for uncomfortable wearing, leather band is nice and no irritations compared to plastic w/rubber band version.

My main use is controlling podcasts from my phone via my watch while driving.

Getting notifications on it without having to take phone out of pocket is also cool.

I get a full week of life out of it. Anything less and I would complain, but a whole week suits it well (4-5 days if back light motion sensor is on). These new Google watches and the like with fancy displays that last like a day then need charging, would kinda ruin the experience. LCD/OLED isn't the tech that should be used, at least currently. E-Ink and the like if far superior, both for battery and outdoor viewing. They just seem more like tech demo units because they can, not because they should.

It's a shame they (Apple & Google) seem to be keeping thier APIs locked down? Not sure. Haven't seen anything indicating 3rd party players like Pebble can tap into their watch APIs to be compatible with thier new features.

Pebble also recently released v2.5 firmware:

- unclocked the inbuilt magnetometer (think compass or on the fly directions apps)

- iOS8 support

- emojii

• Like 1