Sign in to follow this  
tefu

Monitor upgrade...

I am upgrading my monitor,I have dell 20" at the moment, looking to upgrade to 27" or 24" with HDMI connection (for the PS3)

any recomendation, had a look on DELL 2709W but there are few reviews saying the sides a bit darker... and noticable.

Samsung 275T - no HDMI connection but it has HDCP (dunno how this work, apparently you can use adaptor from DVI to HDMI)

not sure how good are they when it comes to response time, if you compare it with LCD TV with motion-flow feature.

or maybe I should just get DELL 3008W, it has a good review by atomic but the price difference quite steep.

or prob stick with 24" which has better response time and contrast?

Can anyone see the pro and cons getting 24, 27 or 30"? also any recommended model?

If you have a good system i would definatley go for a Samsung 24-27". I have the SAMSUNG T260 ToC and let me tell u!!! the price is definatlely worth it. Atm its only retail, you can buy it from harvey Norman

what's the different apart from the size from 275T and T260?

T260 is cheaper but the spec looks a bit better, from contrast etc

or should I just buy 32" SAMSUNG LCD TV....??? my friend told me to get that instead of pc monitor....

From what I have read in my own searching (very little hands-on info for you unfortunately)...

Dell 2709 has 'significant' input lag. I mean, depends what you use it for. Said input lag isn't so bad as to be a REAL pain unless you play lots of FPS games

Differences between T260 and 275T? T260 uses a TN film screen- I THINK this is generally faster response time for pixels, BUT colour reproduction and viewing angles are inferior (275T uses an S-PVA). Both are Samsung screens.

As for whether you should just buy a TV...depends what resolution you want to run at...For your PS3, you most likely want a Full HD TV- 1080P

Which is the main point with the 30" monitors- much higher resolution...do you want that?

Basically, comes down to what you want the most...and, of course, what you can afford :)

Hope I've been of some assistance

PS For what its worth, I'll be getting a Dell UltraSharp™ 2408WFP 24" as it ticks the most boxes for my needs/wants

PPS Also worth noting- I currently use a Samsung 226BW, which is a TN panel- kicks arse for most of my needs, I must say. BUT the viewing angles off centre ARE pretty bad...So if you always sit directly in front, a TN is fine :)

Edited by stuub27

Guest MrInsaneBuff

Just bought the G2400WD from BenQ.

Will see how it goes when i get home tonight. I really cant with good concience spend a grand on a computer monitor.

Thanks guys, I ended up got the 2709, it's a reconditioned from grays online... not too bad actually for 625 bucks (delivered).

wish that has motion flow.... :( than that will be perfect.