Sign in to follow this  
CamSkene

Help - I can't find a Nvidia GTX 260

Hey guys,

Im in the market for a stock clock Nvidia GTX 260 somewhere in Victoria, and I can't seem to find anyone who has it. A few stores like CPL have the pre overclocked version, but this is beyond my price range. Anyone have any ideas where I might be able to get one? I have a budget from $350 to around $430.

Cheers guys - Cam

/points

Look there's one over there!

But hey $355 for a GTX260 especially in this current financial crisis is not a bad price at all.

The prices on these things really hiked. Recommended it to a friend when it came out and he got the ASUS from MSY for 346. Now that I want one the same card goes for 419. Must be the exchange rates or something

Yep, it's the crap exchange rate ... grab the cheapies while they are there.

Must be the exchange rates or something

Umm have you even been watching the news the last 2 months? even the news updates in between tv shows? Edited by nesquick

And if you don't watch TV (like me) you read the newspaper or news websites to get the daily lowdown?

Yes, I am pissed myself that I didn't upgrade sooner when you could get the HD4870 and gtx260s cheaper than they are now. It is only going to get worse as new stock arrives the prices will yet again get hiked up due to our poor exhance rate.

Anyway if you can't find a gtx260 just get an hd4870, just as good and around the same price.

there is no reason now to get a gtx260 as the HD4870 is superior in every way due to what used to be its weakness (GPGPU) about to become supported with ATI stream in the next catalyst release.

Edited by nesquick

thought i'd give u heads up, picked up a Galaxy GTX 260+ for just over 430 i think it was 435 or something... from PC Case Gear, they're from VIC so thought i'd let you know!