Sign in to follow this  
meowkitty

what does all this stuff mean?

Update.

Telstra man replaced the copper to the pillar and redid the rout to the exchange and cave us a new connection at the exchange. Had a week of 900/9200 down and up and then.,,.

I had dropped the stability profile at telstra end to 1 from 3, which had no effect on synch rate. but then the drop outs starts. from telstras end they do not loose connection but at my end the DSL and internet lights go out. but if telstra only tests for connection.... I still have issues of errors but the synch had a SNR of 6 up and down.

Then the drops got worse and I called them, they found no problems.

so I set the stability enhance on the modem to -1dB and it synchs at 900/7000 with SNR of 6.0/7.2.

I even got the Telstra modem out of it's box and it didn't drop out. lots of shouting ensued.

I see alot of the same error logs posted for the ASUS N55U over the last 2 years and I can not discount that the DSL drivers are not being strange, (some one said this some where) but it is telling that I can turn off the modem for a minute and when I reboot it goes back to it's very regimented 4 minute cycle of dropping the DSL link.

next will be to run cat5e in the house and have a certified sparky wire it up so that I know from pillar to modem is new and sexy copper.

tesltra man did confirm that his lap top said I was at 4.2km and was sync'ing at 9200.

Update.

Telstra man replaced the copper to the pillar and redid the rout to the exchange and cave us a new connection at the exchange. Had a week of 900/9200 down and up and then.,,.

To what pillar? What did he actually do?

And while he might have given you new connection to the exchange this will still be on old copper in the same bundle. it will not be brand new copper. So you have been switched to a new pair that is hopefully not as knackered as your previous pair, but it could actually be worse.

Are you still running AVG? if so get rid of that piece of shit It causes so many connection and speed problems it is not funny.

I even got the Telstra modem out of it's box and it didn't drop out. lots of shouting ensued.

Does suggest the Asus is dying, stuffed or just does not like your line, but I would first reset it back to factory settings and only enter your required connection details, nothing else. Don't touch any QoS, firewall, SNR tweak stuff or anything else, just set up enough to get a connection and test.

Also as

tesltra man did confirm that his lap top said I was at 4.2km

you really really need to get a broadcom chipset modem. It will handle your long line a hell of a lot better than the Ralink chipset.

Also if another Isolation test gives a better result replace the ADSL filters. Actually a good idea to replace these every year or so as they "seem" to decay over time. I say "seem" as I have replaced mine a couple of times which seem to fix connection issues.

Thanks for the reply.

By Pillar I mean the phallic aluminium thing thats about a meter tall. and yes. a new pair of old copper.

Yes, still have AVG. looking at BitDefender as the replacement to Kasperski in the house. (becasue in the last 2 weeks, I could not go away from the PC for 10 minutes without a reminder of the imminent expiration of kasperski. I hate that shit enough to ditch them for a couple of years.)

I do not get any drop out since the tweek. the new curious observation is the "connection reset by peer" in the modem log which happened at about the same time as wow could not hold a connection once a raid boss was engaged. modem reboot fixed it.

Firewall had not been touched but is still on. I have been advised to turn it off and trust the network to the AV.

got home tonight and watch a youtube which auto set to 168p. rebooted modem and I get a massive 35ms ping with 1.74Mbps at speedtest.net. even the modem says

round-trip min/avg/max = 34.578/46.502/89.906 ms

I am loath to change modem. some of the features are great, but since I flashed the firmware, it's been flakey. at least the printer gets a static IP which helps a shit load.

so will ditch QoS. the flashed version is has a static range which is also shit when your connection is less than you stated max.

anouther issue which may or may not be related is that when streaming, from my file server to the wifi LG blueray, the network gets laggy (almost stops). and last weekend, LOL would lag spike (to 600ms) to co-inside with the youtube buffering (to 250Kbps)

(yes I'm venting a bit. faulty modem, not trusting telstra, variable quality of internet. not enbough knowledge to fix it....)

I have a tplink N750 which I can factory reset (it's set as a pass through) and connect it to the telstra modem (thompson) and have the N750 be the DHCP. would this be a suitable alternative?

as a bonus question, can I set a printer a printer to it's mac address and not it IP?

Just, Re: security;

Windows firewall is enough for your firewall; its actually amazingly good considering you're already behind your routers NAT. and probaby SPI.

For Antivirus, AVAST. Its free, if you have facebook you can 'log in' via that (or make a free account, using real details of course *shifty eyes*), and its detection rates are pretty out of this world.

anouther issue which may or may not be related is that when streaming, from my file server to the wifi LG blueray, the network gets laggy (almost stops). and last weekend, LOL would lag spike (to 600ms) to co-inside with the youtube buffering (to 250Kbps)

OK, no to the printer. IP address if its networked. Anyway.

This sounds silly, but turn off every feature you're not using;

DMZ, IPv6, any WiFi 'special modes' it has (switch to to G only if you don't need N), turn off SPI, turn off RIP, turn off uPnP (PLEASE!!!!!!!), turn off parental controls (even if the rules are empty), turn off any sort of access control\filtering (even if rules are empty).

Basically, I've seen a lot of routers with incredibly slow chips in them. Extra 'features' are great but they all slow down the CPU of the modem, to keep it simple.

Every type of special feature you have on, is another 'check' it has to run the data through before it gets to your PC, even with no rules, it still stops by to ask if there are any.

I have a Billion modem, brilliant little device, with 4 network ports. I can run all features ON, with 3 PC's going hard, no worries, the second that 4th comes on, it CHUGS. speeds universally drop and we start putting out some serious heat. THe little chip must be basically locked at 99% load.

Turn off all the above features (I'm not using any of those above either), and bam, fast network again.

tldr, turn modem shit off, if its getting flakey, decreasing the load will often result in more stable.... everything.

DMZ, do I need to do anything else or will my AV handle any issues?

IPv6, was looking at that and after reading that it's just a longer address. left it off.

WiFi, this is disabled the switch on the back is off. WiFi is handled by a TPLink N750 set to have the DCHP handled by the ASUS.

SPI, RIP, turn off parental controls. Dont use them, will check that they are off.

Turn off uPnP (PLEASE!!!!!!!), will do but, why? I do have all the PCs/laptop in the same work group via Win7 sharing. will this cause issues or will it just keep on keeping on?

Thank you.

PS: should I also cut IP allocation down to just the printer. I currently have most devices IP set to static in a failed attempt at monitoring net work access. failed because I can not allocate a real name to the MAC addresses so have to go to another table to know the computer name for the IP which is still incomplete for mobiles and tablets.

I think I just answered my own question. list will be cut to just the printer.

Edited by meowkitty

Just, Re: security;

Windows firewall is enough for your firewall; its actually amazingly good considering you're already behind your routers NAT. and probaby SPI.

For Antivirus, AVAST. Its free, if you have facebook you can 'log in' via that (or make a free account, using real details of course *shifty eyes*), and its detection rates are pretty out of this world.

I'm only free ATM till I find a good paid anti virus.

I looked here

http://www.av-test.org/en/tests/home-user/...-7/julaug-2013/

and liked Bitdefender. I have the installer on my desktop as It's seems reasonably priced and I can run a month trial to see how it performs. I'll trial AVAST on the file server. I think familiarity for AVG tipped the scales over AVAST as usability gave way to performance.

I am loath to change modem.

Well given your line attenuation and modem chipset you may have to live with issues with the modem dropping connections.

but since I flashed the firmware, it's been flakey.

Did you reset to factory defaults after doing that? It is generally a good idea to reset to factory settings after a firmware update (does depend on what was in the update), then reconfigure the router from scratch, not restore from a backup config.

I have a tplink N750 which I can factory reset (it's set as a pass through) and connect it to the telstra modem (thompson) and have the N750 be the DHCP. would this be a suitable alternative?

You will need to set up the Thompson in pure bridge mode and then set up the N750 to handle the connection details etc.

Perhaps leave the N750 as is (with suitable WAN IP changes to match the Thompson) and use the Thompson as the modem and DHCP server etc.

Depending on which Thompson it can be a pain to bridge them as Telstra tends to munt the firmware for their supplied modems.

Before going to all that fiddling though I would just hook up the Thompson and test it's connection stability for a day or two.

You may even be able to force the Asus N55u to be an AP only behind the Thompson, but again this can be a pain to get working, especially on a modem router

Exact model of Thompson?

I am loath to change modem.

Well given your line attenuation and modem chipset you may have to live with issues with the modem dropping connections.

but since I flashed the firmware, it's been flakey.

Did you reset to factory defaults after doing that? It is generally a good idea to reset to factory settings after a firmware update (does depend on what was in the update), then reconfigure the router from scratch, not restore from a backup config.

You will need to set up the Thompson in pure bridge mode and then set up the N750 to handle the connection details etc.

Perhaps leave the N750 as is (with suitable WAN IP changes to match the Thompson) and use the Thompson as the modem and DHCP server etc.

Depending on which Thompson it can be a pain to bridge them as Telstra tends to munt the firmware for their supplied modems.

Before going to all that fiddling though I would just hook up the Thompson and test it's connection stability for a day or two.

You may even be able to force the Asus N55u to be an AP only behind the Thompson, but again this can be a pain to get working, especially on a modem router

Exact model of Thompson?

yeah. attachment to the shiniest bit of network equipment in the house. I think I'm over it now.

I've held that button a couple times now as I have flashed 2 upgrades from original. I will factory reset it again, when I turn off all the stuff M_S said, tonight when I get home.

will get the Thompson model.

does any of this explain why when watching a movie from the file server over wifi to the blue ray player, it would cause the internet to lag out or even appear to stop.

and why the modem would ping google at 35ms (round-trip min/avg/max = 34.578/46.502/89.906 ms) with less than 10kbps of activity or do we get to those next?

good paid anti virus.

Is actually a little oxymoronic.

Let me explain;

People are cheap. cheap people pirate things. pirated things often have viruses and trojans bundled.

Cheap people dont want to pay for an antivirus. Cheap people use the Free antiviruses.

In that, the free antiviruses get exposed to a lot of threats sooner than a lot of paid ones. A few commercial solutions are 'quicker' but its rare.

Feel free to pay, but why?

You're getting less protection than AVAST\Avira AND you're spending money?

You do NOT need a standalone firewall if you're running Windows XP or newer, it has a perfectly good one built in. AND your modem does NAT filtering.

If you're worried about naughty people, run PeerBlock. Also free, and a hell of a lot better than a firewall for what I imagine you're worried about (hackers, botnets, and FBI, lol)

does any of this explain why when watching a movie from the file server over wifi to the blue ray player, it would cause the internet to lag out or even appear to stop.

and why the modem would ping google at 35ms (round-trip min/avg/max = 34.578/46.502/89.906 ms) with less than 10kbps of activity or do we get to those next?

Well you cant count out the environment variables.

Its starting to move into hotter temperatures. Are you air conditioned?

I know all my modems, as I do NOT have air conditioning, would slow down and lock up dramatically untill I dissembled and added heatsinks to them. Honest!

the cupboard I run them in can reach 40deg+. Without the stick on 'ram sinks' I'd lock up constantly Now I run them without the top cover, and with ramsinks, and they've never locked up since.

ANYWAY, why are you paying for a security SOFTWARE, which you dont need and is a complete waste of money, and "loathing" spending probably the same sort of cost, on a new modem, with the correct chipset, which you DO need?

Edited by Master_Scythe

lack of knowledge leads me to paying for a product with more features "unlocked". Also, is not the free stuff a gathering point for all their product updates?

The Bitdefender was looking at <$60 for 3pc. the ASUS N55U is $155+. If I went to the minister of finance I would be told no, I do not have sufficient justification. I will work harder to make what I have work before I make a case for more hardware purchases. (the new modem would also take money out of a flagged laptop HDD to SSD upgrade)

Thanks for the info on AVs. I shall play with avast and bitdefender and maybe even more trials, to get a better understanding of what I do need vs what I want.

long story short, the free version of Avast or Avira is MORE than enough for any home user.

The onyl reason to pay is if you're a business, or need more than 10 licences (as per the terms)

http://www.umart.com.au/pro/products_listn...2&sid=73003

http://forums.whirlpool.net.au/archive/1638558

Also, a new modem, with Broadcomm chipset is $55. FUcking GOOD one too, same one as mine (newer though), has an SNR table you can tweak too :)

ONLY down side, is 100MBPS wired, not gigabit, but really few people need this.

Edited by Master_Scythe

l

ONLY down side, is 100MBPS wired, not gigabit, but really few people need this.

And if you need more than 100Mbit you can fit a gigabit switch for all devices to connect to it. I am one of those that revels in gigabit LAN as I am often transferring large files over the LAN and backing up whole OS drives over the LAN.

Can't explain that unless the router is having issues because LAN to LAN should not touch WAN.

Remember consumer network gear often only has a usable life of 3 or 4 years at most, the cost of building down to a price and not up to a quality standard.

factory reset. all new information.

turned all as much as I could get to, except DHCP and still have this after 5 minutes.

Modulation : ADSL2+

Annex Mode : Annex A/L

Line State : up

Lan Tx : 5026

Lan Rx : 3080

ADSL Tx : 147

ADSL Rx : 103

CRC Down : 0

CRC Up : 847

FEC Down : 0

FEC Up : 7561

HEC Down : 645

HEC Up : 0

SNR Up : 6.0

SNR Down : 7.2

Line Attenuation Up : 21.0

Line Attenuation Down : 50.0

Data Rate Up : 931

Data Rate Down : 7349

I was running 35's to google but am now running

round-trip min/avg/max = 233.499/238.265/244.518 ms

what was also interesting was that SNR up was 8 and line atten down was 47 before the last setting save and reboot.

Aha, 30 seconds rest was all it needed

round-trip min/avg/max = 16.971/24.636/37.026 ms

WELL.

--- www.google.com ping statistics ---

5 packets transmitted, 5 packets received, 0% packet loss

round-trip min/avg/max = 28.279/80.037/108.211 ms

Approximate round trip times in milli-seconds:

Minimum = 44ms, Maximum = 45ms, Average = 44ms

Considering you're NOT using a broadcomm chipset, and I am, I'd say your figures are about average.

We have similar line length\quality.

ALSO, if I remember my ADSL theory correctly, CRC errors can be software corrected for (my modem says it corrects about 10 a second, its nuts. 0 uncorrectable though, so yay!) where as HEC errors (which your have a lot of) cannot be corrected.

FOr a non Broadcomm modem, I'd be pretty happy overall.

WTF tonight.

ping 26 on both the router and speedtest.net.

modem says synched at 7500, speedtest says 2000.

and, the ping is out to 200 now that steam got fancy ideas.

it's either a fucked modem or Telstra and it's spaghetti.

Reboot of modem to reset connection time

PS: Swapped to the Thompson

Reran speedtest.net, noticed the map is showing that I am in Alice springs....

Telstra are having issues, will have to wait till tomorrow to see if they have fixed it before returning to modem testing.

Edited by meowkitty

and, the ping is out to 200 now that steam got fancy ideas.

Well derrrrrrrrrr, if steam is updating it will be hogging all your bandwidth, something Steam does well, so of course your ping will skyrocket when steam is doing it's thing.

yeah, and steam gets fancy ideas that it knows best when to update stuff. silly steam.

After Wednesdays fun, the wind seemed to be effecting thrusdays nights action with a lot of unexplained drop outs.

the new modem has different reports on activity, one is the amount of "casual" scans of the firewall. But on friday night there was an interesting one which said upd dos. given that I have not found this sort of report before, I went googling, but could not get an explanation of edp dos at the same time as a ranked LoL game was interesting (or coincidental)

and the modem does not hold more than a set period of logs so, will have to capture that stuff some how because the specifics of the upd dos entry are gone. the IP in the entry was from lake macquarie rather than just a generic alocated to ISP address.

on the up side, down attenuation is at 47. and friday was awesome with downloads hitting the synch speed. (thats relatively awesome)

so:

• Should I turn the modems fire wall on or stick with the virus protection on the PCs.

• liking Avast so far, bit defender is lacking as much interation and reports as i would like. it also crashed during the upd dos so not very confident when nothing is being reported.

• is my quest for stability unreasonable?

So did you or didnt you replace with a broadcomm modem?

I know it sounds silly when you're not as much of a geek as aliali and myself; but the chip used on those modems does make a difference. I mean, as much as "you cant get ADSL at your house sorry" to "4.5mbps" (that was me!)

Lets try and black and white this for you.

• Should I turn the modems fire wall on or stick with the virus protection on the PCs.

When you say modems firewall; so you just mean 'SPI' (Stateful Packet Inspection), and NAT (network address translation); if so, yeah those can both be on.

No, you dont want any OTHER type of modem firewall on, and you dont want a firewall other than windows firewall on your main PC. Run peerblock if you're paranoid about hackers (allow port80).

• liking Avast so far, bit defender is lacking as much interation and reports as i would like. it also crashed during the upd dos so not very confident when nothing is being reported.

Yep, AVAST is pretty neat. Especially for free. You'll love the web shield; blocking scripts etc before they run. Best thing ever for free; especially if like yourself you're a little paranoid; because it goes well above the call of duty and scans EVERYTHING.

• is my quest for stability unreasonable?

NOT if youre using a Broadcomm chipset; if you're not, then yes, Its not a guarantee yo fix it; its just incredibly, incredibly likely to.

Now to put your mind at ease;

upd dos.

a DoS is a distributed Denial of Service attack; so, hundreds of PCs trying to connect to you at once untill the PC or the modem goes NOPE! and reboots.

This is NOT whats happening. You're looking at online games, meaning hundreds of packets of data a second, likely from the same group of people, they almost always look like a DoS on older hardware\software.

I know you're security conscious, but its at the point where it might be affecting your usability of your stuff. Just an FYI, I think every teen went through their 'herr derr im a hacker' phase, and this is how it works.

- Port scan a few thousand IPs

- Find the one with an open port, for the tool you want to use (script kiddies)

- Play with that system

- Leave

Unless you're an FBI agent trying to hide the pentagons secrets, if you're not infected with a trojan, to allow easy access, and you have ANY sort of firewall (from NAT, to SPI, to Windows) you're too much hastle for the casual guys. And WTF do the pros want with your LoL details :P You neeeeeeeeeed to worry less about the internet; yeah its a big scary place, but tagets arent chosen at complete random.

Also, anyone in an online game, and you're NOT hosting the server (so ANY game you didnt need to port forward to play), cannot hack you. "Fuck you i'll delete your entire drive" no.... no they wont...

They'll be 12 and cry to mummy, thinking they know what hacking is.

Hacking is nothing more than using a known weakness in a program\protocol. If LoL doesnt have a 'hacking back door' then they're not using it to attack you; simple as that.

switch to and am sticking with the telstra supplied thompson modem.

by fire wall I mean, in the menues of the modem there is a section called fire wall, it is currently disabled. I click on it but, there is no on button and the there is also the makings of a table which is empty. I was just getting used tot he ASUS before now switching to the thompson and it's different layout

Security: I have a recomended AV and am just making myself informed. I don't really claim to understand more than quoting comparison tables of program performance against key indicators.

broadcom, so in the short and long term I should look at those chip sets because it's a known positive in amongst the few variables I'm trying to understand, and that i'll be dealing with attenuation of 47+ any way.

feeling a bit of a goose. as soon as I read your response to DoS my brain said flood. sorry for that, the log entry went so I miss remembered. it should have been udp flood.

thanks for the scan explanations. most of my searches go "oh it's the internet, just ignore it" when your explanation means I can learn to ignore the stuff that is not significant.

On a positive, one of the kids got into Silver 3 in LOL. I hope he hits gold rank quickly for his tournament work. stable internet means he can attempt ranked games at my place.

yup; UDP flood means "im an old device, and am not used to expecting so much data on UDP, has to be a hacker"

where as in reality, almost every online game uses UDP almost exclusively.

For broadcomm, I know its confusing, but the way those modem chips work, handle errors and bad lines countless times better than any other chipset. There is no tweak you can do to others, its just a fact of tech.

Think of it like plugging a 240v heater, into a 120v USA power socket. Yeah it'll still heat up, but reliability and performance will be horrid.

Same goes for Broadcomm vs others. They will all work, just one will work well, and the others wont.

Also, more to put your mind at ease: viruses dont 'just happen'. If you're not pirating stuff from shady websites. and If you dont use POP mail (so, outlook or thunderbird) you use gmail or hotmail; the liklyhood of getting a virus is a grain of sand in the desert. an antivirus to watch for bad web scripts (like AVAST) is about all you need if you're not a shady doer online.

Glad I can help; feel free to ask 'dumb questions' i'm happy to help :)

switch to and am sticking with the telstra supplied thompson modem.

broadcom, so in the short and long term I should look at those chip sets because it's a known positive in amongst the few variables I'm trying to understand, and that i'll be dealing with attenuation of 47+ any way.

From memory all the Telstra supplied Thompsons where Broadcom chipsets but would be nice to confirm (if possible) with exact model. May even be a way to replace the fucked up Telstra firmware with a more generic version.

Here is the modem info, from the modem info screen

Product Name: TG782T

Serial Number: CP1050NT031

Software Release: 8.6.P.3

Software Variant: AD

Boot Loader Version: 1.0.0

Product Code: 36835180

Board Name: DANT-W

And here is tonights log of unexplained drop outs. it's not every 4 minutes but I just get the feeling that if I rang telstra they would clain they have not logged any reconnects and that the modem is always on.

the log stops, but it's been doing this since 6pm

Sorry it's so long

Time Message

Sep 30 19:58:06 FIREWALL event (1 of 1): deleted rules

Sep 30 19:58:06 GRP Default destination is routed via gateway 121.217.57.236

Sep 30 19:58:06 xDSL linestate up (ITU-T G.992.5; downstream: 7459 kbit/s, upstream: 914 kbit/s; output Power Down: 20.5 dBm, Up: 12.5 dBm; line Attenuation Down: 44.0 dB, Up: 20.0 dB; snr Margin Down: 6.0 dB, Up: 7.0 dB)

Sep 30 19:57:38 FIREWALL event (1 of 1): created rules

Sep 30 19:57:38 GRP Default destination is not routed anymore via gateway 121.217.57.236

Sep 30 19:57:38 xDSL linestate down

Sep 30 19:56:31 FIREWALL event (1 of 1): deleted rules

Sep 30 19:56:31 GRP Default destination is routed via gateway 121.217.57.236

Sep 30 19:56:31 xDSL linestate up (ITU-T G.992.5; downstream: 7491 kbit/s, upstream: 903 kbit/s; output Power Down: 20.5 dBm, Up: 12.5 dBm; line Attenuation Down: 44.0 dB, Up: 20.0 dB; snr Margin Down: 6.0 dB, Up: 7.0 dB)

Sep 30 19:56:03 FIREWALL event (1 of 1): created rules

Sep 30 19:56:03 GRP Default destination is not routed anymore via gateway 121.217.57.236

Sep 30 19:56:03 xDSL linestate down

Sep 30 19:54:44 FIREWALL event (1 of 1): deleted rules

Sep 30 19:54:44 GRP Default destination is routed via gateway 121.217.57.236

Sep 30 19:54:44 xDSL linestate up (ITU-T G.992.5; downstream: 7488 kbit/s, upstream: 906 kbit/s; output Power Down: 20.5 dBm, Up: 12.5 dBm; line Attenuation Down: 44.5 dB, Up: 20.0 dB; snr Margin Down: 6.0 dB, Up: 7.0 dB)

Sep 30 19:54:16 FIREWALL event (1 of 1): created rules

Sep 30 19:54:16 GRP Default destination is not routed anymore via gateway 121.217.57.236

Sep 30 19:54:16 xDSL linestate down

Sep 30 19:52:14 FIREWALL event (1 of 1): deleted rules

Sep 30 19:52:14 GRP Default destination is routed via gateway 121.217.57.236

Sep 30 19:52:14 xDSL linestate up (ITU-T G.992.5; downstream: 7503 kbit/s, upstream: 906 kbit/s; output Power Down: 20.5 dBm, Up: 12.5 dBm; line Attenuation Down: 44.0 dB, Up: 20.0 dB; snr Margin Down: 6.0 dB, Up: 7.0 dB)

Sep 30 19:51:40 FIREWALL event (1 of 2): created rules

Sep 30 19:51:40 GRP Default destination is not routed anymore via gateway 121.217.57.236

Sep 30 19:51:40 xDSL linestate down

Sep 30 19:44:24 FIREWALL event (1 of 1): deleted rules

Sep 30 19:44:24 GRP Default destination is routed via gateway 121.217.57.236

Sep 30 19:44:24 xDSL linestate up (ITU-T G.992.5; downstream: 7599 kbit/s, upstream: 906 kbit/s; output Power Down: 20.5 dBm, Up: 12.5 dBm; line Attenuation Down: 44.0 dB, Up: 20.0 dB; snr Margin Down: 6.0 dB, Up: 7.0 dB)

Sep 30 19:43:55 GRP Default destination is not routed anymore via gateway 121.217.57.236

Sep 30 19:43:55 xDSL linestate down

Sep 30 19:43:23 FIREWALL event (1 of 1): deleted rules

Sep 30 19:43:23 GRP Default destination is routed via gateway 121.217.57.236

Sep 30 19:43:23 xDSL linestate up (ITU-T G.992.5; downstream: 7610 kbit/s, upstream: 910 kbit/s; output Power Down: 20.5 dBm, Up: 12.5 dBm; line Attenuation Down: 44.0 dB, Up: 20.0 dB; snr Margin Down: 6.0 dB, Up: 7.0 dB)

and

whyis output power at -25dB up?

and how did I get almost a million error sin 8 minutes when all I did was post the above?

and am i even asking the right questions. gah.

Link Information

Uptime: 0 days, 0:08:46

DSL Type: G.992.5 annex A

Bandwidth (Up/Down) [kbps/kbps]: 914 / 7,459

Data Transferred (Sent/Received) [kB/kB]: 184.00 / 286.00

Output Power (Up/Down) [dBm]: 12.5 / -25.4294967291

Line Attenuation (Up/Down) [dB]: 20.0 / 44.0

SN Margin (Up/Down) [dB]: 6.5 / 7.0

Vendor ID (Local/Remote): TMMB / GSPN

Loss of Framing (Local/Remote): 0 / 0

Loss of Signal (Local/Remote): 0 / 0

Loss of Power (Local/Remote): 0 / 0