Sign in to follow this  
atosniper

X:Rebirth

Release announced. Between 15-19 November, depending upon where you live.

Awesome. Awesome. Awesome.

Someone post that Take My Wallet pic, please!

Guest xyzzy frobozz

Something to tie me over until Star Citizen, which has managed to ruin every other game in my Steam folder.

Something to tie me over until Star Citizen, which has managed to ruin every other game in my Steam folder.

+1

Y'know, the length of time since the last one, it really doesn't matter that they've changed almost everything for this one. I'm going to have to relearn everything anyway.

The Egosoft X forums have had more traffic since the release of that clip than in the last 6 months. :)

Edited by Cybes

I had trouble getting into the previous games, the whole thing is overly complex and feels a bit dated... and almost nothing is explained to you (that I could find).

But this one, with TrackIR and a joystick could be very cool. Looks massively upgraded in every way.

I had trouble getting into the previous games, the whole thing is overly complex and feels a bit dated... and almost nothing is explained to you (that I could find).

Absolutely agree. But my biggest gripe with X3 was the change in physics - removing the feeling of floating in space made X3 feel like a FPS without corridors, rather than a space simulator. Also removing the ability to board stations made the universe seem shallow and fake, in comparison to X2. It looks like they've certainly addressed that part with Rebirth, although I wonder if egosoft's narrative and dialogue writing skills have improved...

Just look at my X3: reunion page on steam - 13 minutes played.

Never to be opened again.

removing the feeling of floating in space made X3 feel like a FPS without corridors, rather than a space simulator.

I recently got a joystick and downloaded it for another bash.

It just felt like I was flying a plane that could never fall out of the sky... haha.

Hopefully this new one has a more floaty feel to it, as well as a full cockpit view... and some damn instructions! Haha.