Hlass

National Election Super Station!

Serious question: What advantage is there to joining a political party?

They send you T-shirts, and signs for your front yard, that sort of stuff.

Somehow I doubt the Pirate Party could afford that, but sounds interesting.

Are there disadvantages to joining a party?

The Big Picture re whether your chosen affiliations could harm future prospects I guess, maybe...

I'm surprised by the number of seat changes...I thought a bit of support was gathering for Labor, but supporters must have just been more vocal the last few days. I was hoping for an upset.

I don't think I've been more...depressed about an election result.

Usually I'm happy or sad.

This time Im just numb.

I'm surprised by the number of seat changes...I thought a bit of support was gathering for Labor, but supporters must have just been more vocal the last few days. I was hoping for an upset.

man, If Krudd didnt take the helm of the party the results would have been MUCH MUCH worse, The labor party would have been cleared out. This is a good result for the party considering the situation they where in a few months ago. Labor will be back, dont worry. The newly appointed labor ministers need to get some experience managing a shadow portfolio. Too many senior Labor ministers quit after the whole gillard-rudd thing, the party was gutted.

Abbott has set himself some very high expectations, if he doesn't deliver he will lose the swing vote back to labor next election.

Edited by xnatex

They did have a one-on-one after the cooking was done, though. Same thing happened with Rudd, daughter involved in the cooking and then one-on-one interview where they get bast the banter.

They're a couple of wusses. The episodes I watched in full were one with Bronwyn Bishop and another with Joe hockey. Neither needed to have

an offspring with them.

So.

I was just in iView for a bit and noticed Kitchen Cabinet with the above mentioned... clicked on the Rudd one first. It was amazingly more

watchable than I had thought it would be. He was pretty relaxed and I'd gone halfway through the programme with ease.

On to Abbott I go. After fivish minutes I clicked out. He must have been incredibly nervous, at least I hope that's the reason I felt so put

off. His posture was stiff as a board, mouth working sort of out of sink, bit like bad voice over dubbing, and sort of leering :) ... I think for fairness

I should go back and view more.

edit: ...I think Tony's leering may have been hunger ...it seemed to settle once he'd had his steak. And Rudd should've eaten one of Annabelle's

pavs. I reckon that slur on his part is the reason he lost the election :P

Edited by eveln

Serious question: What advantage is there to joining a political party?

They send you T-shirts, and signs for your front yard, that sort of stuff.

Somehow I doubt the Pirate Party could afford that, but sounds interesting.

Are there disadvantages to joining a party?

If you are quite vocal (social media/blogs etc) or gain some level of public recognition with the party, it may preclude you from working for the AEC.

I worked as polling attendant this election and one of the criteria was not only to uphold political neutrality when acting for the AEC, but also to essentially 'fly under the radar' as far as your political identity was concerned.

Well finally Bill decides to own up to his own desires !

What a fucking piece of work Shorten is.

Really and truly Shorten if your true desire is to see Labor in a winning position again then I suggest you leave now.

I guess though for you Shorten, the fact you've put your hand up for this job means it's not about the Party, it's about making you feel tall.

You actually have to be a man of honour to feel honestly tall.

Edited by eveln

Guest xyzzy frobozz

I worked as polling attendant this election and one of the criteria was not only to uphold political neutrality when acting for the AEC, but also to essentially 'fly under the radar' as far as your political identity was concerned.

Yeah.

Seems fair enough too.

Yeah I wish he'd piss off. Albanese would be a much better fit.

They reckon one of "Albo's " problems is that he's not a "televisional" politician.

I would have thought that's what makes him great. He seems like a genuine fella, complete with a sense of humour. But then again, we can't have that now, can we?

It just gives me the shits cos if Shorten doesn't get the job he'll continue his behind the scenes wheeling and dealing to

undermine who ever else is in the top job. I watched his speech just now, and no he's just another little man.

die in a fire Shorten you fucken tiprat..

new labor leader will only be a placeholder for 2 years then they will put in penny wong or a potato as leader

I'd vote for the potato before shorty any day.

It's time for Mr Albanese to do his thing.

Edited by eveln

new labor leader will only be a placeholder for 2 years then they will put in penny wong or a potato as leader

Which would be better?

hey fajw there's a question over in the god thread you haven't answered yet.

Which would be better?

potato

Guest xyzzy frobozz

hey fajw there's a question over in the god thread you haven't answered yet.

And the polygamy thread.

http://www.news.com.au/technology/sci-tech...c-1226720375674

"FOR the first time since the creation of a science portfolio in 1931, Australia does not have a science minister."

Yay who needs any of these new fangled things when we have a Government for looking backwards which seems all they are capable of.

It's just a Ministry, so long as more funding isn't cut I don't see the problem with choosing to roll it's role into other related ministries. To me it makes sense to keep related fields together CSIRO within the industry portfio and maybe ARC with higher education because of it's work with CoE's that are often part of universities.

Edited by GoFaster

http://www.news.com.au/technology/sci-tech...c-1226720375674

"FOR the first time since the creation of a science portfolio in 1931, Australia does not have a science minister."

... but it's okay cos smadge1 puts his hand up for Minister of Science Fiction. Onya smadge ...always new he was hero material :)

I second this ^^ motion !

And only one(!) woman in the senior ministry.

Time the coalition had an Emily's list.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2013-09-16/seni...cabinet/4961344

So what? Women shouldn't be included just because they are women.

So what? Women shouldn't be included just because they are women.

Damn straight ^^. It's gotta be based on merit, right ?

So when the guys fuck it up the womenz can come in and clean that shit up !!