Sign in to follow this  
ugotdan

Problem ACPI x64 Driver?

Hi all. I have work soon so I'll have to make this quick...

I did a driver sweep the other day (attempting to get gfwl to work) and ever since I've been having a problem where only two of my screens are working. I checked the DRiver Manager and the graphics cards drivers have the error symbol on them. I update the driver for them and windows tells me they are up to date. Now I decide to take a step further and check the mobo driver is working. I'm guessing by just going through the Driver Manager list this is the "ACPI x64 - based pc" and click to update driver here. Driver fails to install correctly. So I do a bit of googling and come up with Driver Verifier. I attempt to verify unsigned drivers - there are none. I attempt to verify drivers built for old versions, none again. So I select drivers from a list. I choose ACPI, restart, and BSOD. The BSOD is very brief and I can't write down what is on it, but it's there.

I have updated windows, I have used the original driver disk for the mobo (the ACPI driver dowsn't seem to be on it..)

Am i on the right track here??? Or have I just completely lost myself in the dark??

Any help appreciated,

Cheers, Dan

Hi all. I have work soon so I'll have to make this quick...

I did a driver sweep the other day (attempting to get gfwl to work) and ever since I've been having a problem where only two of my screens are working. I checked the DRiver Manager and the graphics cards drivers have the error symbol on them. I update the driver for them and windows tells me they are up to date. Now I decide to take a step further and check the mobo driver is working. I'm guessing by just going through the Driver Manager list this is the "ACPI x64 - based pc" and click to update driver here. Driver fails to install correctly. So I do a bit of googling and come up with Driver Verifier. I attempt to verify unsigned drivers - there are none. I attempt to verify drivers built for old versions, none again. So I select drivers from a list. I choose ACPI, restart, and BSOD. The BSOD is very brief and I can't write down what is on it, but it's there.

I have updated windows, I have used the original driver disk for the mobo (the ACPI driver dowsn't seem to be on it..)

Am i on the right track here??? Or have I just completely lost myself in the dark??

Any help appreciated,

Cheers, Dan

Restore Point, may recover the removed files/drivers

Event Logs? - Can you see the issue and research more

Blue Screen viewer - Nirsoft free tool