.:Cyb3rGlitch:.

Android 4.4 'KitKat' Announced

My nexus 7 got 4.4 today. So far I can't really notice any difference. The battery indicator has gone from blue to white, and the default email client now looks exactly like the gmail app. So far so good, I guess.

My nexus 7 got 4.4 today. So far I can't really notice any difference. The battery indicator has gone from blue to white, and the default email client now looks exactly like the gmail app. So far so good, I guess.

The biggest appreciable difference is the significantly reduced memory usage by the OS.

That sounds promising. Whilst I really like the 2012 7 (especially for the price), it could definitely do with being a bit snappier.

Think I may've found a way to upgrade my 2012 7 to 4.4 without doing a factory reset. Just need to play to see if it'll go straight from 4.2.x to 4.4 or if I have to grab 4.3 first.

Epic fail on that front - I think I should have manually pushed the modified factory image rather than use NRT, but oh well.

Amusing that I can't change my country of residence to get Google Wallet working, because I have credit on my play store account. That credit being the remainder of what I have left from when I bought the Nexus 7 last year and was given bonus monies.

So 4.4 seems to have broken my two most used apps (vlc & NFL gamepass). Hope the app folks get this sorted sooner rather than later...