Chaos.Lady

Mafia Werewolves Vs Villages Game

I think that voting with no real reasoning given is suspicious as fuck. That's not aimed at you, Genisis - my above comment was about colours being more than seen.

I'm going to jump on a bandwagon.

VOTE:Drago 1366 (or whatever the number is. Sorry, can't be arsed to scroll up :P)

What were you saying about bandwagon jumping - it's ok for you but not for anyone else?

FOS: EoC, 800, Genisis - hypocrisy is the flavour of the moment, and it doesn't taste right. And at least two of you have started complaining about manipulators, when you're doing poor jobs of doing it yourself.

Edited by Nich...
tildes

Thank you for your "honestly", its is clear that your vote Nish means that the two of you are trying to confuse the innocents once again. I mentioned earlier I am trying to get the answers out of you via conflict. You could have denied and not voted, but you did. Funny that.

Oh. So you're doing the exact same thing other townsfolk are doing to try and squeeze out more information. While pretending you're not. And then trying to brush off the same criticisms you're levelling at the rest of us?

Super quiet to super noisy and hypocritical. Nothing to raise any suspicions there, right, with such 'blatant manipulation'?

Consider the fact that I am not the scum that sniffs the air for their next kill, causing torment. Who would be their next target if we end up Lynching 800. I do believe their animal minds would target me for knowing to much, so I put myself in the line of fire to kill, not murder, the scum that resides in this town.

That sounds an awful lot like someone roleclaiming to deliberately get themselves killed. If it looks like a trap, and smells like a trap...

If I was a scum I would not retain such a consistent line of fire against the scum that defends himself against me. I can promise every innocent that 800 needs to given over to the white lady, for the sake of the town.

If I was in cahoots and partnered with 800 why would I vote him straight away for the second time, and consider Nish his partner in crime instead. Also think, we lynch 800 he burns red (me being right) then I get eaten OR I could be considered his partner. But why would I give one of my own kind away, filthy dogs run in packs, they save their own not put them up to the slaughter a second time.

You must be questioning our intelligence if you think that a "oh, but I'm innocent, teehee, I am saying something that no-one let alone me would ever do" gambit will be so easily accepted.

By your logic, all I would need to do to rise above the suspicions of you, if not other people, is consistently vote for someone. Should I vote for you again, or 800 again, or Iab again? Iab, Elven, and 800 have voted for me and fingered me multiple times, so they are... I'm confused by how this process works again, are we all scum hiding together, or innocents with no better info to go on?

I'm not hiding my manipulation, I admitted it! No I declare I am innocent and that 800 isnt and my logic is based on every scenario I can imagine that the scum may come up with. I really wouldn't know though as I am an innocent so these are speculations based on my deductions and my sheer gut feeling against 800. If you want me to tell you who to vote for my answer will be 800, and at dusk you will see I was right.

I'd just like to remind everyone left alive that being a hindrance to the town - why hello there, Genisis, when was the last time you were sober and made sense? - is just as bad as trying to actively kill us in our sleep.

unvote: Ihsan

At least Genesis who mostly pops in to drink all the alcohol in the town now and then voted at least once I think.

OOC:

I've voted once each day. Voting is important to avoid what happened yesterday, this ain't my first rodeo. And I'm pretty busy with work and uni atm which is why I've been so quiet. I'm doing my best and will probably check in again probably tonight after work.

-X

I think the scum are doing a very good job of manipulating the townsfolk. They collude, but want to appear to not be working together. From the various arguments I suspect the following people:

800 series - You're playing the same strategy as when we were scum in game 2 or 3

Nich - Jumping from one bandwagon to another

Elvenwhore - You're still dodgy. I'm not sure I believe whether or not our elder could be fooled or if he was lying for some reason. I'll have to go back through the posts and read his again as well as the rules.

There a re a lot of people suspicious of Nich at the moment. If we lynch him and he turns out to be a villager, with last night's lynching we should have enough data to begin to establish voting patterns to identify the wolves.

Thus: VOTE: Nich.

My advice to the town is to look for individuals who are manipulating small groups around them. I believe the wolves will split their team so that when we lynch one of them, we won't suspect the ones who voted for the wolf. It's what I did when I played with 800 series, like I mentioned earlier, and why I find the arguments between those three suspicious.

-X

Can I convince you that your judgement about 800 may be clouded since you have played with him before?

Edited by Nich...
Tildes

(EdgeofChaos: don't forget to remove the tilde when quoting!)

To be perfectly clear, by the way: I am not defending the numerical lovers - and by all means, they should answer your accusations themselves, or be suspicious in their silence - I am just questioning your line of reasoning.

You seem so sure that there are lovers in the village. Just like you are convinced there's a piper. Kicking up dust, are you? Obscuring things to keep us villagers confused and looking in the wrong places?

You've been barely helpful from the start. Deliberately kicking up a fuss about the nature of the killers, leading discussions around in circles debating said nature, carrying on about a piper and now prattling on about lovers? Nice diversionary tactics should you want to distract us all while the scum pick us off.

~vote: Nich...

FOS: EdgeofChaos

You're rattling off great spiels about collusion and manipulation like a child amped up on red cordial. Too much noise, not enough sense being made.

It'd certainly match up with Elven's lightly lightly approach, and appearing so reluctant to kill someone she was suspicious of with me as a failsafe for today.

I thought I'd been quite aggressive thus far :-)

Elvenwhore - You're still dodgy. I'm not sure I believe whether or not our elder could be fooled or if he was lying for some reason. I'll have to go back through the posts and read his again as well as the rules.

Have you got a reason for saying that, or are you just going to put it out there under "still dodgy" and "gut feeling" and leave it at that? Typical no substance nonsense.

My tactics are nothing but trying to ascertain the truth. I don't think there are lovers, at this point I don't care who the pipers are I am only interested in ridding the town of the scum! To be exact 800. I have not debated other reasoning for other persons at this stage as I am hell bent of killing 800 and will take any risk possible as I truly believe he is scum. Call that single minded, its a fact. I can debate as much as I want about other villagers but at this stage I can not put my finger on anyone else so I wait patiently until another opportunity arises.

You seem so sure that there are lovers in the village.

Ah, no, sorry. Just a turn of phrase. Iab-to has a way with catchy names.

Curious how you're not riding his tail, considering he raised the notion of lovers, and has also actively spoken of other hidden issues that we may or may not face.

It feels like mostly against me. Anyone would think I wronged you in a past life, or something.

You've been barely helpful from the start. Deliberately kicking up a fuss about the nature of the killers, leading discussions around in circles debating said nature, carrying on about a piper and now prattling on about lovers? Nice diversionary tactics should you want to distract us all while the scum pick us off.

Barely? Pah! I have been advocating calm and reasoned discussion from the start. People insisted on being hung up about their feared monsters in the closet. Do I think there may be supernatural causes at play? Maybe out of desperation that there are so few of us left, but no thanks to the rest of the town putting up a convincing argument. Did anyone try to convince me otherwise? No. Did I argue we should not let people hide in the shadows to escape attention? Yes. Did people ignore that? Some, yes.

Moose incident aside, I feel I've been consistently vocal and active in trying to marshal some sense of rationality in this fiasco, and I cannot explain my despair that so far we have done nothing more than kill our own. The most we have to show for it, seemingly, is that most villagers have given up hiding in the shadows and ducking their heads. Tho' for all that corralling, apparently they've come out of the woodwork gunning for me.

Look at how many people are essentially still trying to kill the rest of us based on 'gut feelings'. I'm not sure what's worse, the lack of any real reasons for killing each other off, or how many more times we're likely to see a random killing because gut feelings do SFA in convincing anyone else - especially with their track record so far.

As with my previous reasoning, Nich has been a whole lot of talk, very little substances, he's role claimed and has yet to be eaten, he hasn't got any results either if he actually is what he claims he is.

If I was in cahoots and partnered with 800 why would I vote him straight away for the second time, and consider Nish his partner in crime instead.

You'd do that to throw people off you, you and 800 seem to be going at each other with a lot of noise.

My tactics are nothing but trying to ascertain the truth. I don't think there are lovers, at this point I don't care who the pipers are I am only interested in ridding the town of the scum!

At the risk of incurring Elven's wrath at even talking about something you brought up - surely lovers and pipers and whatever else we can imagine would also be scum?

To be exact 800. I have not debated other reasoning for other persons at this stage as I am hell bent of killing 800 and will take any risk possible as I truly believe he is scum. Call that single minded, its a fact. I can debate as much as I want about other villagers but at this stage I can not put my finger on anyone else so I wait patiently until another opportunity arises.

Could you give us a more concise version of your list against 800? To, as Elven said, cut out some of the noise.

As with my previous reasoning, Nich has been a whole lot of talk, very little substances, he's role claimed and has yet to be eaten, he hasn't got any results either if he actually is what he claims he is.

Who would want to eat me? Years in the forest has made me too lean to be enjoyable, surely? What results would you expect from me?

Who would want to eat me? Years in the forest has made me too lean to be enjoyable, surely? What results would you expect from me?

You're right, you might just not be conceived as a threat, because you're all noise.

who really knows, we can only go buy what everyone says.

You're right, you might just not be conceived as a threat, because you're all noise.

hehe, so Nich was born innocent, you reckon? :-p

Perceived, perhaps? :-)

You seem so sure that there are lovers in the village.

Ah, no, sorry. Just a turn of phrase. Iab-to has a way with catchy names.

hmmm, well... that's as may be, but you were awfully convinced of yourself earlier about the piper. And now you seem to be doing the same thing about lovers. Keeping my eye on you.

It feels like mostly against me. Anyone would think I wronged you in a past life, or something.

Yeah, pressure-voting for you doesn't seem to achieve much considering you're usually rattling around the town square somewhere.

Look at how many people are essentially still trying to kill the rest of us based on 'gut feelings'. I'm not sure what's worse, the lack of any real reasons for killing each other off, or how many more times we're likely to see a random killing because gut feelings do SFA in convincing anyone else - especially with their track record so far.

Damn you. I don't like you, but this is a good point. Too much "for some reason" and "gut feeling" and "seems dodgy" non-reasoning bullshit going on.

What's he role-claimed as?

hehe, so Nich was born innocent, you reckon? :-p

Perceived, perhaps? :-)

This is what happens when my fingers goes stupid and write a different word than what my brain is thinking, and you get to see it because can't edit!

Hunter, he's been RPing out as being a hunter. whether he actually is or not, I don't know, but the fact that he hasn't been eaten yet, could point at not actually what he claims to be.

EoC if you want us to look at closer 800, then give us a to the point reasons, without the fluff, quote stuff he's said that leads you to believe he is what you say he is.

Hunter, he's been RPing out as being a hunter. whether he actually is or not, I don't know, but the fact that he hasn't been eaten yet, could point at not actually what he claims to be.

Ahhhh, yesssss, hunter. He's clearly so useless at hunting, given that he keeps making excuses about being tired or whatever, that I clean forgot that that could have been an actual role claim and not just hot air.

Personally, if it's a role claim, then I think he's just said that so that we don't lynch him, out of fear that he'll kill one of us on the way out.

More confusion and diversionary tactics.

However, for the time being...

~unvote: Nich

Still suspicious as hell of you but I want to put some pressure on EoC.

~vote: EdgeofChaos

EoC if you want us to look at closer 800, then give us a to the point reasons, without the fluff, quote stuff he's said that leads you to believe he is what you say he is.

^This.

Damn you. I don't like you, but this is a good point. Too much "for some reason" and "gut feeling" and "seems dodgy" non-reasoning bullshit going on.

I spend a lot of time alone when working. It's nice to be able to use words. I hope trying to follow the web the scum are potentially forming is useful. I hope my message is clear (or clear enough that if I don't wake up on any given morning, the rest of you can follow some threads and shake something loose).

But, it doesn't matter who does and doesn't like me, just so long as we find the scum among us (whoever they are, whatever they are, however many there are - and I find it highly suspicious that some people seem to know the last of those, especially), and out them. I mean, I'd prefer to be alive when that happens, but we all have to play our part.

Ahhhh, yesssss, hunter. He's clearly so useless at hunting, given that he keeps making excuses about being tired or whatever, that I clean forgot that that could have been an actual role claim and not just hot air.

Personally, if it's a role claim, then I think he's just said that so that we don't lynch him, out of fear that he'll kill one of us on the way out.

Two quick points:

Would you not be tired if you were up late at night trying to keep some fresh food supplied for the rest of the village to eat, while also spending all day in town trying to ferret out killers?

I don't know why would one of you die if I was killed, but working with your supposition: would that not also mean a killer would die if I died?

Two quick points:

Would you not be tired if you were up late at night trying to keep some fresh food supplied for the rest of the village to eat, while also spending all day in town trying to ferret out killers?

You don't supply me with food :-(

I don't know why would one of you die if I was killed, but working with your supposition: would that not also mean a killer would die if I died?

Would, or could?

See, I said 'would' because I was talking from the perspective of a villager who was hesitant to lynch an alleged hunter for fear or another villager being killed at the same time. But you've used it here... why is that?

Isn't 800 the one who supplies your kind with food?

I said would because I am good at grammar but only sometimes. It should have read, "I don't know why one of you would die if I were killed". 'Could' doesn't seem to make sense in place of 'would', there. I am not the only one with a weapon, here. How can I use it if I am killed? Who would be so stupid to kill me while allowing me to hold a cocked bow?

Isn't 800 the one who supplies your kind with food?

Yes, but he's not making excuses for his inability to perform his job like you are, so, y'know. Difference there.

I said would because I am good at grammar but only sometimes. It should have read, "I don't know why one of you would die if I were killed". 'Could' doesn't seem to make sense in place of 'would', there. I am not the only one with a weapon, here. How can I use it if I am killed? Who would be so stupid to kill me while allowing me to hold a cocked bow?

"One of you"?? So you admit you don't count yourself as being amongst us villagers??

Considering the urgency of saving our lives while the village dwindles in front of our faces, I find it highly suspicious that not only are some people not very active, but that a weekend market day saw so few people actually show their faces to discuss much of anything. Haven't we already agreed that it's much harder to ferret out scum when they're barely talking?

//OOC: someone is going to ask for this, soon, so:

Genesis X		0
Pointzeroone	 0
800 series	   1
DaCraw		   0
Elvenwhore	   0
Nich			 2
EdgeofChaos	  1
Spookywanluke	0
i_am_banned2	 1
Ihsan			0

Elven: It had to be 'one of you'. I can't be included because in this hypothetical, I would be dead, and so 'us' is precluded. If you want to talk about slips of the tongue, are you saying that "one of you" referring to innocent villagers doesn't include you?

800 has a different job than I. I work alone in a physically demanding role. He... does what? Hires some hands to help him harvest, and scares off some birds?

Considering the urgency of saving our lives while the village dwindles in front of our faces, I find it highly suspicious that not only are some people not very active, but that a weekend market day saw so few people actually show their faces to discuss much of anything. Haven't we already agreed that it's much harder to ferret out scum when they're barely talking?

Damn you again for speaking a truth I must agree with :-(

It would be nice to hear from any Seers and Little Girls in play, since the next lynching might be the last (if we get it wrong).

Speaking over the rumbling voices in the bar, while serving drinks to GenX and pretzels to Ishan, it's sad that the only time we've had inklings that people are killers, it turns out that we've been hoodwinked into throwing one of our own... one of our fellow patrons the other hour wished that a fortune teller or something would wander though our village and help us, but I'm afraid that if they were to arrive we'd not be able to protect them, we can barely seem to protect ourselves even through the efforts of our smiths and potion brewers.

After some careful consideration, I've come to a conclusion. There's plenty of assumptions in place, lots of room for error, but that's okay. I'm feeling dangerous.

Here's what I think:

Nich - Hunter. Though why the wolves would leave an intelligent Hunter alive for the end-game boggles my mind.

Ihsan - Witch.

Genesis - Village Idiot.

Elvenwhore - Villager.

Spooky - Villager.

PointZeroOne - Werewolf.

800 series - Werewolf.

DaCraw - Werewolf.

EdgeofChaos - Werewolf.

As far as the Piper goes, at this point that's more of an issue for the werewolves so I don't really care.

This is operating under the assumption that there are no dual roles (since that doesn't seem to happen with the board game rules).

~VOTE: 800 series.

Well, I can agree that Genisis is probably the village idiot.

That's pretty close to what I was thinking. Except I had Nich pegged as a wolf instead of PointZeroOne.

It'd certainly be one explanation for why EoC came out so loud all of a sudden, and yet when push came to shove, refused to give a good list of why we should kill 800.

~unvote: IAB

If I was in cahoots and partnered with 800 why would I vote him straight away for the second time, and consider Nish his partner in crime instead.

You'd do that to throw people off you, you and 800 seem to be going at each other with a lot of noise.

Oh but remember, EoC's word is absolute! Just because it is said that they aren't scum, means they definitely aren't. Didn't you know that by now?

I've been waiting for this, too. But apparently I do things in certain ways, so I'm scum.

After some careful consideration, I've come to a conclusion. There's plenty of assumptions in place, lots of room for error, but that's okay. I'm feeling dangerous.

Here's what I think:

Nich - Hunter. Though why the wolves would leave an intelligent Hunter alive for the end-game boggles my mind.

Ihsan - Witch.

Genesis - Village Idiot.

Elvenwhore - Villager.

Spooky - Villager.

PointZeroOne - Werewolf.

800 series - Werewolf.

DaCraw - Werewolf.

EdgeofChaos - Werewolf.

As far as the Piper goes, at this point that's more of an issue for the werewolves so I don't really care.

This is operating under the assumption that there are no dual roles (since that doesn't seem to happen with the board game rules).

VOTE: 800 series.

Four wolves, and you pick me? Reasoning?

Also loving the lack of a 'seer' role from you. Could we begin to assume that is you?

It'd certainly be one explanation for why EoC came out so loud all of a sudden, and yet when push came to shove, refused to give a good list of why we should kill 800.

unvote: IAB

Because, Nich, you and I are working together. And we're both wolves. And regardless of reviewing my actions, I'm still scum, and EoC's word is final, because they can't possibly be scum because they said so. Edited by Nich...
tildes

Also loving the lack of a 'seer' role from you. Could we begin to assume that is you?.

I'm not the Seer, as I said earlier. But thanks anyway for trying to out me, Wolfy.

Also loving the lack of a 'seer' role from you. Could we begin to assume that is you?.

I'm not the Seer, as I said earlier. But thanks anyway for trying to out me, Wolfy.

No worries, Seer :)

Because, Nich, you and I are working together. And we're both wolves. And regardless of reviewing my actions, I'm still scum, and EoC's word is final, because they can't possibly be scum because they said so.

I agree that EoC is erratic and... just, weird in his assessments. And even though I'm sure you're being facetious and not actually role claiming here (because who would be stupid enough to role claim as scum?), you've become annoyingly hard to follow in your defensiveness. I mean, sure, heat's on and all that jazz, but the sarcasm and punchiness isn't helping your cause. It's just noise.

I'm sure we all know how I feel about noise by now.

~unvote: EdgeofChaos

~vote: 800