Chaos.Lady

Mafia Werewolves Vs Villages Game

The groups of people get bigger and bigger until the square is filled with the remaining living residents of the village. As they wait, they cast nervous glances at each other and the ground. Anywhere by 800 series who stands, by himself, in a little bubble where no-one seems to want to venture. He looks calm and resigned.

The Lady appears, and with her the usual bonfire. Her face turns toward the crowd, seeming to scan the group, before she moves it to face 800 series directly.

He moves forward, reluctance showing in his steps which drag slower and slower the closer he gets to the wood. It seems like hours, but was probably only a bare minute before the Lady's will had pushed him to the pile and forced him to face the crowd. He was struggling slightly, but some force held him tight.

"You have chosen, and in time, and now we will see the result of your decision." She throws a handful of the usual white crystals - salt you realise suddenly - and 800 series flinches violently. She mutters something and the flames begin to burn.

Suddenly, darkness seems to fall around the square. You are sure that there was still fading sunlight around you when 800 was pushed forward, yet now it is gone. The flames creep higher and higher and you wait for the inevitable flash of light. What color will it burn?

You feel like you have closed your eyes and are seeing the flash through your eyelids. It's red - so red. But your eyes are open and you see the flames burning higher and higher around 800 series... but it does not seem to be catching him! The Lady's face turns angry and she mutters a longer phrase than the one she usually uses. Now two shadows appear - one on each side of the fire. They seem to be human shaped, but you can't make out details through the glare of the fire. You see them move through the tears streaming from your eyes, and hear a shout and a gunshot rip through the air.

In slow motion it seems, 800's body falls onto the fire and finally catches alight.

The shapes, now obviously human shaped, move towards the Lady who reaches out one hand towards them and fade as they reach her side. You catch a fleeting impression of two tall figures, one some inches taller than the other, but both muscular and moving with amazing grace and power, before they are gone. The red light fades and a howl echoes through the town, sweeping over the watching crowd sending shivers up and down spines.

The Lady turns away from the fire.

"You have chosen well tonight. I feel the evil lessening in this place, but it still lingers. Take to your beds and consider well your actions upon the morrow."

She vanishes and for the first time you smile and nod at your neighbors as you head for home.

As 800's body burns, you hear a scream. Or was it a howl? It sounds like both. Either way, it sends a chill to your very soul, as it begins to turn into a laugh.

As the flames lick his flesh, 800's face curls up into a grinning snarl, before he finally burns away to nothing. The deed is done, and the man-wolf is no more.

It seems like the night never ends. Long long hours of darkness.

But finally you feel the call. You move wearily, your triumph of last night still clear, but with the knowledge that the day will probably bring more bad news. You don't have long to wait though.

The Lady is waiting in the square. When everyone gathers, she nods once and tells of the night. There is a body at her feet, but it is so torn and broken that it is almost impossible to tell who it is.

"Last night, a little girl prepared to venture out determined to spy out the threat to the village, however she only made it to the door when the wolves invaded her home. They sought revenge for the death of their pack-mate and took it violently, leaving her as you see here."

She sadly looked at the body at her feet and then back at the crowd. "Mourn EdgeofChaos, a brave soul trying only to help the village. We may never know what she saw at the brutal end, unless you root out the remaining evil in the town. You have 72 hours, use it well.

The Lady and the body of EdgeofChaos vanishes. The news is bad, another great loss, but you look around, more determined than ever.

The dawn breaks.

Edited by Chaos.Lady

And there goes little red riding hood...

I do believe you are reading my mind. I warned everyone about 800, and Nich's concourse during the last lynch has left me quite suspicious.

Vote - 800_Series

FoS - Nich

I know I have jumped straight into the voting but my decision about 800 has not changed. 800's arguments are seemingly too sympathetic. Everyone had their suspicions about Drago, and maybe he wasn't helping himself either but he was still innocent. Do we kill a harmless halfwit because we are so fearful of these beasts.

I think that Nich is running around all over the place jumping on the "Bandwagon" to put our minds in disarray and not giving us any fuel against him. Its is clever, but not clever enough I think. I am going to send spider G to watch you....hrrmmm.

I am curious about the subtle voting and ploy that I think 800 and Nich had going on during the lynching of Drago. 800 fought against me, when I suspected him, and during those comments Drago was constantly mentioned, even though I was arguing against his actions on voting Drago, and not Drago himself. Then Nich voted in my favor, but was quick to change to Drago and wavered ever so gently afterwards. I think the two of them are working together against all of us.

I am asking all villagers to listen, and think about this and consider the actions that both Nich and 800 have been playing against us since that first day. I will go back to my hut to keep away from these heathens poisoning my mind any further.

Just thought I might make mention that both Nich and 800 have been teaming up on me since I "figured" out their "tactics". I merely said that I suspected Nish but since this they have been working very hard to find ways to place the pressure on me. If you want me out you will be sorely disappointed when the flame does not turn red.

If I die before I wake and the toast on my chest will never break I have a feeling that Nich and his moose may be a series of tales for one to consider.

fos: Nich

Nich, I believe you a lot of explaining to do. After many, many posts of empty RP to come out and so heavily attack EoC with 800...

I might melt if you throw a bucket of water on me, but you smell like a wet dog.

At last, we manage to not score an own goal. Good work, comrades! One dirty beast down and more to follow it into the depths of hell (my cabbage patch).

Unfortunately, we lost a little girl. Those dirty dogs.

I'll have update my prediction scroll:

Ihsan - Witch.

Elvenwhore - Villager.

PointZeroOne - Werewolf.

DaCraw - Werewolf.

Genesis - Village Idiot?

Nich - Hunter?

Spooky - Villager?

These last three I'm no longer sure of - it's possible there were only three wolves but we shouldn't count on it. They have all been acting suspiciously, either by intense lurking or seductive whispers of nothing.

For now, I'll stick with the two I'm sure of.

~VOTE: PointZeroOne - it's time to join your buddy.

Reasons? Just read all of page 25. Except maybe for that awful picture of the elephant at the end. And also: http://forums.atomicmpc.com.au/index.php?s...p;#entry1108093

Not only have we lost another innocent, we've lost perhaps the most innocent - a child.

What have we done, to allow this to happen?

I think I explained myself quite clearly, yesterday, for the movement of my votes. I think it should be quite clear that I questioned EoC's reasoning - apart from wondering if they were also scum trying to sacrifice 800. Their dogged surety that 800 was a killer is now made clear. I just wish she had managed to sneak more looks at night, to see who else among us is trying to end this village.

As I mentioned yesterday afternoon, I think our focus today should be on those hiding in the shadows. DaCraw? Being away for so long, for whatever reason, would certainly explain why the night felt like it took so long to finally end, and the sun to once more rise.

~Vote: DaCraw

FOS: Spooky

Everyone else was at least trying to make their voice heard, or have some input. I suspect that (at least) one of those is a killer, hiding in the shadows. Because of their suspicious absence - surely everyone by now finds it suspicious? - and, I think that the night lasting so long was their fault. I am just unsure on whether they were actually absent deliberately, or literally hiding within the town and pretending to be absent.

They were also the only ones I don't remember seeing when the Lady called us all. Did anyone else notice the two shadows that came for 800 when he was on fire? I wonder what that meant.

There's not much of a case I can honestly build for DaCraw and Spooky. They haven't really said much of anything. But this is my point.

And there goes little red riding hood...

I do believe you are reading my mind. I warned everyone about 800, and Nich's concourse during the last lynch has left me quite suspicious.

Vote - 800_Series

FoS - Nich

I know I have jumped straight into the voting but my decision about 800 has not changed. 800's arguments are seemingly too sympathetic. Everyone had their suspicions about Drago, and maybe he wasn't helping himself either but he was still innocent. Do we kill a harmless halfwit because we are so fearful of these beasts.

I think that Nich is running around all over the place jumping on the "Bandwagon" to put our minds in disarray and not giving us any fuel against him. Its is clever, but not clever enough I think. I am going to send spider G to watch you....hrrmmm.

I am curious about the subtle voting and ploy that I think 800 and Nich had going on during the lynching of Drago. 800 fought against me, when I suspected him, and during those comments Drago was constantly mentioned, even though I was arguing against his actions on voting Drago, and not Drago himself. Then Nich voted in my favor, but was quick to change to Drago and wavered ever so gently afterwards. I think the two of them are working together against all of us.

I am asking all villagers to listen, and think about this and consider the actions that both Nich and 800 have been playing against us since that first day. I will go back to my hut to keep away from these heathens poisoning my mind any further.

Just thought I might make mention that both Nich and 800 have been teaming up on me since I "figured" out their "tactics". I merely said that I suspected Nish but since this they have been working very hard to find ways to place the pressure on me. If you want me out you will be sorely disappointed when the flame does not turn red.

If I die before I wake and the toast on my chest will never break I have a feeling that Nich and his moose may be a series of tales for one to consider.

fos: Nich

Nich, I believe you a lot of explaining to do. After many, many posts of empty RP to come out and so heavily attack EoC with 800...

I might melt if you throw a bucket of water on me, but you smell like a wet dog.

OOC, I just about posted my comment then noticed that everything I'd quoted was on your post Ishan.

IC:

It is a bitter sweet morning that dawn, sweet due to the red hand caught and punished, bitter that we lost our little girl to the pack of thieves.

Serving at the bar again, there is jelly on offer in honour of Edge of Chaos and all that preceded him.

Lets hope that more wolves are brought to justice.

After serving at bar, the hunter manages to spill the entirety of his red jello all over my clean apron with no apologies.

I think ahh stuff it, go change my apron and return to playing 500 with GenesisX, hehe I'm 6 No trumps!

OOC, parental visits and telstra fraking up do not help with this game :)

I just wish she had managed to sneak more looks at night, to see who else among us is trying to end this village.

She dropped your name more than a few times. Where does a little girl learn words like "suspicious," "collusion," and "scum tactics" anyway? She was probably just confused, as girls are wont to do, and really meant to say "fine and upstanding nobleman," yes?

In any case, PointZeroOne and DaCraw can go first. We'll sort you out later.

She dropped my name as suspicious, Iab-to. But honestly, who hasn't at this point? If she knew something, she'd have said as much. As I've said previously, I aim to see the killers killed, not to be voted most popular villager with the most friends. Not that our friendship doesn't mean something to me.

Spooky - your parents visited? Why would you let them stay for so long? I had a friend try to visit and I sent them away before they could even sit down. Unless you think.... your parents would be safe, because you wouldn't eat them?

I'd also like to send this quick diplomatic message to the werewolves: you feral fools need to eat that Piper before all of us lose. He or she has now had four nights to play sweet lullabies.

Dear wolves,

Suck it, bitches. Oh yeah, and ya missed me! How's it feel? :-p

Lots of dislike,

elvenwhore

She dropped your name more than a few times. Where does a little girl learn words like "suspicious," "collusion," and "scum tactics" anyway? She was probably just confused, as girls are wont to do, and really meant to say "fine and upstanding nobleman," yes?

lol! Niiiice :-)

FOS: Nich.

You suck at hunting, apparently. But you're also suspicious. And that our poor, departed EoC was so suspicious of you when she was right about 800, well, it doesn't look good from where I'm standing.

~vote: DaCraw.

DaCraw, meet Pressure Vote. Nothing personal. We just can't have you hiding.

She dropped my name as suspicious, Iab-to. But honestly, who hasn't at this point? If she knew something, she'd have said as much. As I've said previously, I aim to see the killers killed, not to be voted most popular villager with the most friends. Not that our friendship doesn't mean something to me.

Spooky - your parents visited? Why would you let them stay for so long? I had a friend try to visit and I sent them away before they could even sit down. Unless you think.... your parents would be safe, because you wouldn't eat them?

OOC:

No I had to visit them myself, and there was no internet all night either.

Why would I eat anything other than game and vegies? I'm no carnivore, I just think it's telling you should mention something like that especially with your previous responses to threats and pressure....

~Vote: Nich

OOC:

No I had to visit them myself, and there was no internet all night either.

Why would I eat anything other than game and vegies? I'm no carnivore, I just think it's telling you should mention something like that especially with your previous responses to threats and pressure....

Vote: Nich

Doesn't seem like much to go on. I maid a nice friend in Nich yesterday and now it seems your parents are getting between us.

On the other hand, he does seem to get a lot of blood on the uniforms I lent him - despite me repeatedly reminding him that they are not outside clothes.

Nich, my Flower-Cam appears to have caught you in the town hall. What's going on?

You do have a soothing voice but who's going to pay to see a performance like that?

Perhaps today we will have enough spare time, Iab-to, that I can introduce you to the thrill of hunting while wearing a skirt.

Spooky, are not game animals meat? Don't carnivores eat meat? I think it funny that you keep deflecting your absences with convenient excuses. Last night took forever, and you were absent for long periods. The night before, you came crashing in at the last minute with a rather convenient post-hammer vote, and the night went exceedingly quick. I don't know if this is merely a coincidence, but I believe you have more to answer for than I.

Elven: I am a great hunter. Note what I usually hunt. It's not humans. It's not murderers. It's not werewolves. As I said, who hasn't been suspicious of me? How much of that is because I refused to believe in werewolves without proof? EoC seemed to come out of nowhere chasing 800 so hard because she knew he was a killer. What was her argument against me, again? That... she didn't like me? That I questioned her motives? Didn't you question her motives? Don't you keep agreeing with my thoughts on the disarray of our town? Better watch out, someone might suspect that if I'm a werewolf, and you're still alive, you might be too. I mean, did the Lady not mention, at some point, that there would be penalties when her disaproval at the inaction of villagers passed her limits? You seem to have avoided most suspicion at this point because Ihsan vouched for you, but we're taking a pretty big assumption that his information was accurate and untainted. I don't think you are, by the way, but this is an argument I think can't easily be discounted by anyone waving their hands and making shushing noises. I mean, what have our assumptions gotten us so far, apart from one dead werewolf and half a town's worth of innocent villagers?

I am not sure what worries me more about DaCraw, if I'm honest: that they are a werewolf in hiding, and doing it so well; or that they are an innocent villagers so scared they've run away. The former can be solved easily enough at nightfall. The latter? I fear we'll be punished by the Lady in a way that makes it all but impossible to find any remanding werewolves before the rest of us are killed off.

Iabto, you think I'm a wolf because I reasoned that drago was one based on how they were behaving? I'm not the only one who's been wrong around here, and at least I've been working hard making note of who says what and given my perspective on it.

I agree about dacraw though, they've been awfully silent as of late.

~vote: dacraw

Iabto, you think I'm a wolf because I reasoned that drago was one based on how they were behaving? I'm not the only one who's been wrong around here, and at least I've been working hard making note of who says what and given my perspective on it.

vote: dacraw

You just need to worry about the Piper. Leave the lynching to the villagers.

vote: dacraw

You just need to worry about the Piper. Leave the lynching to the villagers.

You and Nich seem convinced there is a Piper in town

Just a quick note to all players.

I've just today been put on new medication, and the doc has said it's prolly gonna make me head into the realm of little blue fairies and pink elephants for a couple of days (hopefully only for a few days anyway).

I will, as always, be your ever present Lady, however if my posts seem less than congniza... coheren... understandable please ask me to clarify. Also if my tallies are off, please let me know and bear with me. I'm really really sorry to be less than it should be, and I hope it doesn't affect anyone's enjoyment of the game. I will do my utmost to make sure everything stays on track and the story continues with as many twists and turns and mind-fucks that people expect hope for. :)

Know that I am having as much fun as (hopefully) you are, and I am loving every moment of the game and the players. I'm planning a special surprise for some and also already planning the next game. So again, please bear with me, as while I know the timing of this isn't great and I would love to put off taking the new stuff for a week or so the game is going, it's something I have to do.